Members banned from this thread: Legion Fag, evince, Legion Troll, philly rabbit, Buckly J. Ewer, CFM and domer76

Thread: Good NR Article on Rightist Populism

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Default Good NR Article on Rightist Populism

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ment-it-fading

Here's a small sample for the board populists on here who are all about shutting down free trade:

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin D. Williamson
    There is more to conservatism than free trade, but the argument for free trade contains within it practically the whole of conservative economic thinking and a great deal of conservative thinking beyond economics: facing reality, making choices, enduring the consequences, accepting tradeoffs, accepting responsibility. The right to trade is implicit in the right to own (and hence to control) property. A right to trade that exists at the sufferance of the sovereign is not an unalienable right with which we are endowed by our Creator. It is something else, and something less.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

I am only a fringe deplorable. i do not even care, however I call fake news on "NR" and you [which is an opposition outlet]. free trade is not being shut down it will [ if lawfulness is restored ] be made equitable for us residents and good citizens. the damned establishment globalist one world order agenda will be shut down and all of the establishment insurgent subversives within the us gov. will be rooted out and executed if America is to be great again as a sovereign nation. it is a matter of sovereignty
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by iewitness View Post
    I am only a fringe deplorable. i do not even care, however I call fake news on "NR" [which is an opposition outlet]. free trade is not being shut down it will [ if lawfulness is restored ] be made equitable for us residents and good citizens. the damned establishment globalist one world order agenda will be shut down and all of the establishment insurgent subversives within the us gov. will be rooted out and executed if America is to be great again as a sovereign nation. it is a matter os so s mmmmmmmdnhdfhffdhdhjdnbwjwdbdbddbdbdb
    So, the Natural Right of property is out?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorate View Post
    So, the Natural Right of property is out?
    you falsely stated that there are board populists who are all about "shutting down free trade". you hate trump and are in a tizzy because he ended TPP. I am stating that it is fake news to say that anyone is all about shutting down free trade. no one is all about shutting down free trade. if trump does his job, all trade will be equitable with every advantage going to the us, not others. NR is in a tizzy about trump. that is my statement. I may not have a degree or great status, but I can spot fake news 1600 meters away.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

I buy good stuff cheaply from Asia on eBay all the time.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you falsely stated that there are board populists who are all about "shutting down free trade". you hate trump and are in a tizzy because he ended TPP. I am stating that it is fake news to say that anyone is all about shutting down free trade. no one is all about shutting down free trade. if trump does his job, all trade will be equitable with every advantage going to the us, not others. NR is in a tizzy about trump. that is my statement. I may not have a degree or great status, but I can spot fake news 1600 meters away.
    Name one board populist who doesn't want to shutdown free trade. Back in college, leftists used to put on these fair trade bake sales, and I used to laugh at them. Never expected to see the rhetoric flying under the Republican label.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am only a fringe deplorable. i do not even care, however I call fake news on "NR" and you [which is an opposition outlet]. free trade is not being shut down it will [ if lawfulness is restored ] be made equitable for us residents and good citizens. the damned establishment globalist one world order agenda will be shut down and all of the establishment insurgent subversives within the us gov. will be rooted out and executed if America is to be great again as a sovereign nation. it is a matter of sovereignty
    Also, NR is not exclusively anti-Trump. Victor Davis Hanson is 100% in the tank, and Katherine Timpf is also a supporter. Many are on the fence. Goldberg and Williamson are the face of #NeverTrump.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorate View Post
    Name one board populist who doesn't want to shutdown free trade. Back in college, leftists used to put on these fair trade bake sales, and I used to laugh at them. Never expected to see the rhetoric flying under the Republican label.
    i got nothing else to say about it. I am watching a small minority of the people of this land subvert the last chance for the usa to remain sovereign. it is good. everything is right on schedule. this is apparently the final testimonies; everyone is choosing sides: one world order or not.