Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: McCain accuses Rand Paul of "working for Vlad Putin"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Default McCain accuses Rand Paul of "working for Vlad Putin"

the war pig continues his ranting..this was about allowing Montenegro in NATO..

Rand Paul calls McCain a poster child for term limits

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Darth Omar (03-16-2017), Stretch (03-16-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The long-simmering war between Sens. John McCain and Rand Paul boiled over on Wednesday when the Arizona lawmaker directly accused his colleague of working for Russian President Vladimir Putin.

While speaking from the Senate floor in support of a bill advancing Montenegro’s bid to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), McCain noted objection from his Kentucky colleague, saying that if you oppose the measure, “You are achieving the objectives of Vladimir Putin... trying to dismember this small country which has already been the subject an attempted coup.”

McCain continued: “If they object, they are now carrying out the desires and ambitions of Vladimir Putin and I do not say that lightly.”

Several moments later, after the 80-year-old senator asked for unanimous consent to move the bill forward, Paul took the mic to raise his objection before dramatically exiting the room.

n response, McCain began railing against Paul, his voice trembling with anger: “I note the senator from Kentucky leaving the floor without justification or any rationale for the action he has just taken. That is really remarkable, that a senator blocking a treaty that is supported by the overwhelming number—perhaps 98, at least, of his colleagues—would come to the floor and object and walk away.”

He then directly connected Paul to the Russian government: “The only conclusion you can draw when he walks away is he has no justification for his objection to having a small nation be part of NATO that is under assault from the Russians.

“So I repeat again, the senator from Kentucky is now working for Vladimir Putin.”
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...mir-putin.html

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Rand Paul is the voice of sanity against NATO expansion:
    "Are you ready to fight and die for Montenegro and Georgia and the Ukraine?"

^ exactly

fucking McCain's Russiaphobia gets way too much play.. He's a senile old man

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Putin derangement syndrome" may have finally jumped the shark.

Just minutes ago on the US Senate Floor, Sen. Rand Paul did the sensible thing and blocked NATO accession for tiny, corrupt Montenegro.
    The inconsequential Balkan country brings absolutely nothing to the NATO alliance, with its army of approximately 1,950 active duty military, a population the size of the city of Albuquerque, New Mexico, and a history political repression and corruption.

Montenegro would only be a drain on the NATO alliance, but those pushing for its membership don't care much. They view Montenegro's NATO membership as another black eye for the Russians, who have been historically close to the tiny Balkan state.

Chief among those who are obsessed with giving Russia a black eye -- and perhaps starting WWIII -- is the Senator from Arizona, John McCain. And Senator Paul's move today nearly caused him an aneurism.

McCain asked for unanimous consent to move forward his bill to approve NATO membership for Montenegro. His jaw dropped as he witnessed Sen. Paul raise his objection and then exit the room. Done.

McCain exploded at Paul in what must really be a meltdown for the records:

I note the senator from Kentucky leaving the floor without justification or any rationale for the action he has just taken. That is really remarkable, that a senator blocking a treaty that is supported by the overwhelming number, perhaps 98—at least—of his colleagues would come to the floor and object and walk away.

The only conclusion you can draw when he walks away is he has no justification for his objection to having a small nation be part of NATO that is under assault from the Russians. So I repeat again, the senator from Kentucky is now working for Vladimir Putin.
    McCain is accusing a fellow Senator of disloyalty and allegiance to a foreign power simply because he disagrees with him. It’s remarkably similar to what we saw Adam Schiff do a few months ago in an embarrassing interview with Tucker Carlson.

I suppose yelling “Russia” is simply the new strategy for clueless politicians when they can’t win an argument.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...-working-putin

6. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Stretch (03-16-2017)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Rand Paul is the voice of sanity against NATO expansion:
    "Are you ready to fight and die for Montenegro and Georgia and the Ukraine?"

^ exactly

fucking McCain's Russiaphobia gets way too much play.. He's a senile old man
    Rand Paul is the voice of sanity on a number of issues right now in my opinion.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Norah For This Post:

Cancel 2018.1 (03-16-2017)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Norah View Post
    Rand Paul is the voice of sanity on a number of issues right now in my opinion.
    he's always had outstanding foreign policy chops..too bad McCain's head didn't actually explode!
    I like when Paul said he was a "poster child for term limits"...his jaw is quivvering, he probly wear Depends

10. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Stretch (03-16-2017)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Viva Montenegro!! <-- McCain

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 78 Posts

the war pig continues his ranting..this was about allowing Montenegro in NATO..

Rand Paul calls McCain a poster child for term limits
    McCain is actually making Nancy Pelosi look intelligent............................Which is pretty sad

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TheDonald View Post
    McCain is actually making Nancy Pelosi look intelligent............................Which is pretty sad
    lol..I wouldn't go that far..Pelosi is a genuine loon. McCain is just a garden variety warpig

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 78 Posts

lol..I wouldn't go that far..Pelosi is a genuine loon. McCain is just a garden variety warpig
    The fact is that McCain is 4 years more senile than pelosi

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Will Rand stand up against the extra billions going to the MIC as well??

He must of been really pissed, never heard of anyone just walking out.......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

him and McCain hate each other
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...in-charge.html
    Rand Paul: US is 'lucky John McCain's not in charge'

John McCain isn’t the only senator who can toss barbs at a fellow Republican.

After McCain on Sunday criticized President Trump’s attitude toward the press, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul castigated the 2008 GOP presidential nominee, saying, “we’re very lucky John McCain’s not in charge.”

“Everything that he says about the president is colored by his own personal dispute he’s got running with President Trump, and it should be taken with a grain of salt, because John McCain’s the guy who’s advocated for war everywhere,” Paul said on “This Week.”
    Paul added that if McCain were “in charge” the country would “be in perpetual war.”

“If you look at the map, there’s probably at least six different countries where John McCain has advocated for us having boots on the ground,” said Paul, who noted that McCain supported the Iraq war.

McCain on “Meet The Press” had earlier compared Trump – with whom he’s long had myriad differences and squabbles – to a dictator.

"The first thing that dictators do is shut down the press," McCain said. “And I'm not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator. I'm just saying we need to learn the lessons of history.”

But Paul said McCain’s issue with Trump is less about the First Amendment and more about the men’s views on overseas engagements.

“I think it's more a foreign policy debate, and Trump and McCain are on opposite sides of that debate,” Paul said. “And I tend to sympathize more with the president. We don't need to continue to have regime change throughout the world, nation-building.”

As far as McCain’s rhetoric saying Trump is trying to “shut down the press,” Paul cautioned against hyperbole.

“I don't agree with his analysis and applying that to the president,” he said. “I haven't seen any legislation coming forward that wants to limit the press.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...in-charge.html

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

It amazes me that McCain keeps getting re-elected. I always thought Arizona had a large population of elderly retirees that wouldn't want a Senator who is so pro war. Must be something in the desert sand that makes people think of war.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

anatta (03-16-2017)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mickey's lost it. He need to retire, being older than dirt.