Thread: They cant repeal Obamacare!

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    Obamacare is a disaster and I was hoping the cons would fix it, repeal it, whatever, but that doesn't look likely.
    This is true, but if they can't fix it(and they can't), they should just let it die(and it will). Trump says that is the right thing to do politically, but it won't be good for the people of the country. I think it's time for an economics lesson for some of those same people.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Sure you do. They promised their plan would be less expensive, more comprehensive, amd would cover everybody.
    They lied.

The ACA was created by the uber-conservative Heritage Foundation.
    I thought Nancy Pelosi did. So the Heritage Foundation are the culprits. Fuck 'em.
    Either somebody come up with a plan where everybody pays in or provide euthanasia at a discount for the uninsured.
    Moosecare would work and has elements to satisfy most. I'd officially call it The Fairness in Healthcare Act. I wouldn't lie and say it would cut costs and be affordable. Just fair to most everybody.
    Everything else is unfair to a large segment of society.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

blackascoal (03-15-2017)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    They lied.

I thought Nancy Pelosi did. So the Heritage Foundation are the culprits. Fuck 'em.
    Either somebody come up with a plan where everybody pays in or provide euthanasia at a discount for the uninsured.
    Moosecare would work and has elements to satisfy most. I'd officially call it The Fairness in Healthcare Act. I wouldn't lie and say it would cut costs and be affordable. Just fair to most everybody.

http://americablog.com/2013/10/origi...l-mandate.html
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    They lied.

Letting people die if they can't pay? Fuck you.

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    would pointing out how badly you want this president to fail make you look very hypocritical????? or would you just tell me 'they did it too'?
    He's failing all by his lonesome. We have nothing to do with it. Maybe if he actually sat down long enough to learn the system and understand how government works he wouldn't suck so bad.

There was a blizzard in DC yet he had to fly to another adoration rally in the midwest. And your taxes are paying for all this travel and glad-handing.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Althea (03-16-2017), Nomad (03-16-2017), zappasguitar (03-16-2017)

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by callinectes View Post
    This is true, but if they can't fix it(and they can't), they should just let it die(and it will). Trump says that is the right thing to do politically, but it won't be good for the people of the country. I think it's time for an economics lesson for some of those same people.
    IMO this thing ryan came up with is a bit better than obamacare but it doesnt solve the fundamental issues so it is still not worth passing.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

Callinectes (03-15-2017)

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

The problem with the 'let it die' theory is that democrats will keep proposing legislation to fix it. Sure, republicans can ignore them, but then you own it .. and when it dies, you own it because you couldn't figure out anything better, but let it die out of spite..

Either way, you own it.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

zappasguitar (03-16-2017)

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

The problem with the 'let it die' theory is that democrats will keep proposing legislation to fix it. Sure, republicans can ignore them, but then you own it .. and when it dies, you own it because you couldn't figure out anything better, but let it die out of spite..

Either way, you own it.
    No, we don't. The guy that engineered this nightmare is an econ professor from MIT! As recently as a couple of months ago he was saying that it was working "as designed"! And actually it is, because it was designed to fail, it was designed to fail and lead you by the nose to the conclusion that single payer is the only solution to this terrible "crisis". You lefties always hold up science as the end all and be all, so it makes sense that you would get a scientist to draft it, so why is it failing? And do you really believe a bunch of dumbass politicians(of both parties)are going to fix it? You said it yourself, "Even science no longer makes sense"
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

So dems pass terrible HC law. Dems refuse to help fix terrible law. Now lib OP thinks its GOPs fault for not fixing it better for them...

Great logic.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish For This Post:

Callinectes (03-16-2017)

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    It is very funny to me, enjoyable to me that the Republican House of Representatives, Republican Senate and Republican President cant repeal the increasingly popular Obamacare.

They are going to fail, how will that affect the mid-terms?

Will it help them by allowing them to trick simple Trump voters into somehow believing it is the Democrats fault...

or

Will it result in a disaster for the Republicans delivering Democratic majorities to both houses, resulting in the Democrats attaining the power to conduct reality based investigations?
    They are too smart to repeal Obamacare ...
    If they did, the republican party would cease to be...
    Taking away the healthcare of 24 million Americans would be certain political suicide...
    Even Trump has abandoned any support for Ryancare...
    LMFAO
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    would pointing out how badly you want this president to fail make you look very hypocritical????? or would you just tell me 'they did it too'?
    Trump is failing without any help from anyone...
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

17. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, we don't. The guy that engineered this nightmare is an econ professor from MIT! As recently as a couple of months ago he was saying that it was working "as designed"! And actually it is, because it was designed to fail, it was designed to fail and lead you by the nose to the conclusion that single payer is the only solution to this terrible "crisis". You lefties always hold up science as the end all and be all, so it makes sense that you would get a scientist to draft it, so why is it failing? And do you really believe a bunch of dumbass politicians(of both parties)are going to fix it? You said it yourself, "Even science no longer makes sense"
    the AHA was a brilliant piece of legislation...
    The only solution to it's failure is single payer...
    Even the republican congress has reluctantly come to this realization ...
    Ryan-care is DOA...
    LMFAO

18. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You should call yourself Teflon Brain. It's obvious nothing has ever stuck.

People NEED health care and when it costs more than a house, two cars and two college educations for treatment of the kinds of serious and terminal diseases we're ALL (you included) subject to, then YES WE DO need a health care bill.

Something has to be done so that people can get treated for this stuff without making themselves homeless and destitute.

And let's be honest here.... if you lost your insurance (assuming you even have it and aren't one of those idiots who plan to use the ER when you get sick then stiff the hospital as I suspect you are) then became seriously ill, you'd be right there in the free handout line with the rest of them.

Quit trying to act like you're above anything or anyone.

You are not.
    Just a bunch of emotional pablum designed to scare and not rooted in anything serious

For what you describe a REAL medical insurance would be a catastrophic plan to cover unforeseen events.

Everything else pay cash. It worked in the past, it will work today. Let people make their own healthcare decisions the way they make other economic decisions in their life.

Just admit you want others to pay for you. Admit you are a taker. Are you afraid?

19. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Just a bunch of emotional pablum designed to scare and not rooted in anything serious

For what you describe a REAL medical insurance would be a catastrophic plan to cover unforeseen events.

Everything else pay cash. It worked in the past, it will work today. Let people make their own healthcare decisions the way they make other economic decisions in their life.

Just admit you want others to pay for you. Admit you are a taker. Are you afraid?
    I don't take anything from anybody, including the govt and I never have, Teflon Brain.

You've probably sucked more from the taxpayers' tit than anyone. It's usually people like you who talk the loudest and beat your chests the hardest who are also the biggest hypocrites on such matters.

And btw, I actually agree about concentrating on covering catastrophic illness/injury while letting more minor medical issues be worked out in other ways, via private insurance or self pay. But self payers shouldn't be allowed to be financially raped like they are now.

I also believe that catastrophic coverage should be on a pay as you can afford basis using a sliding scale percentage of income as a guideline, with preventative care and screenings being be part of that coverage.

Below a certain income level, the coverage should be subsidized and low/no cost clinics should be available in every city, to those who meet certain income guidelines, to take care of less serious issues.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

zappasguitar (03-16-2017)

21. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,904 Times in 21,666 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Rump and his Keystone cops can't do anything correct!