1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Police fatally shoot bloodied man chasing kids at park

Police fatally shoot bloodied man chasing kids at park

Jose Sanchez was coaching his soccer team of 13-year-old girls when a wild-eyed man began chasing children with what looked like a broken wine bottle at a California sports complex.
    People ran as the bloodied and shirtless man, later identified as 29-year-old Steven Schiltz, followed an adult soccer player over a 3-foot barrier and onto the field where the children were practicing Thursday night, Sanchez said.
    As screams filled the air and children climbed fences to escape, Schiltz moved toward a woman on the bleachers who apparently was frozen with fear. Two police officers opened fire, killing Schiltz.
    "I feel like the cops tried not to shoot him and when they did it was because they had to," Sanchez told The Associated Press. "He was going toward her, and you could see he was about to start swinging. ... One more second and he would have struck her."
    Schiltz's mother, Angela Hernandez, told KCBS-TV that her son had drug issues and was in a psychiatric ward last year. Court records show she took out a restraining order against him in 2013 and she said he threatened relatives with knives, baseball bats, pool sticks and chairs.
    But she said she spoke to him hours before the shooting and he sounded fine. She accused the police of overreacting.
    "To me, it was excessive force," Hernandez told the AP. "He was good-hearted. He would never go after kids."
    Huntington Beach police said at 7:20 p.m. Thursday officers responded to reports of a man wielding a baseball bat and broken bottle and chasing children at a park. The 45-acre facility has eight softball fields and seven soccer fields, as well as batting cages and playgrounds. Police estimated at least 200 people were there at the time.
    As the bizarre scene unfolded, Sanchez said two adult soccer players tried to topple a 6-by-8-foot soccer goal onto Schiltz to stop him. He continued toward Sanchez's team and another team of 11-year-old boys.
    "I started yelling to the girls to jump over the fence and we started tossing some girls over," Sanchez said.
    "I was looking around to see if I could find something to grab onto, to protect myself," he said. "I didn't really have anything. After getting the girls over, the only thing I could do was put my hands out and hopefully that would delay him or get him to come to me instead of the girls."
    As the kids were scrambling over the fence, Sanchez said Schiltz was stumbling around when a police officer arrived with gun drawn.
    A parent then showed up with some sort of stick and chased Schiltz away from the area where the children were, Sanchez said. Schiltz ran toward a set of bleachers, prompting two parents and their children to make a run for it while a woman remained behind.
    Sanchez said two offers yelled to Schiltz to "drop it, drop it," and when he moved toward the woman they opened fire.
    Schiltz was shot three times but was still moving toward the woman so the officers shot him three or four more times, Sanchez said.
    Huntington Beach police confirmed both officers opened fire and said the Orange County Sheriff's Department is investigating and seeking to interview more witnesses.
    Police said Schiltz had been to the park before but it was unclear why he was there Thursday.
    Schiltz was known to friends as "Steve-o" and was a baseball fan. At times, he lived on the streets, said Tom Hester, a homeless friend who said he saw Schiltz bicycling to the park just before the violence.
    "He had a drinking problem, and when he drank he got real violent," Hester said.
    Schiltz's mother got the restraining order after writing in court documents that her son "swings his baseball bat around threatening to physically hurt us."
    Schiltz drank heavily and used and sold marijuana, she wrote. He stole from relatives, made holes in walls and threatened to kill himself and his family, she said.
    In 2015, his mother had the restraining order dismissed. Later that year, Schiltz pleaded guilty to threatening to kill someone and breaking a utility line, court records show.
    Norman Harboldt, who builds sheds and hired Schiltz for some jobs, said he didn't know him well but recalled how Schiltz once tracked down a bicycle someone had stolen from his yard and returned it.
    "He had a pretty good heart," Harboldt said.

--------------------------------------------------------

Let me see if I've got this correct.

1 - a wild-eyed man began chasing children with what looked like a broken wine bottle
    2 - the bloodied and shirtless man, later identified as 29-year-old Steven Schiltz, followed an adult soccer player over a 3-foot barrier and onto the field where the children were practicing
    3 - Schiltz moved toward a woman on the bleachers who apparently was frozen with fear
    4 - her son had drug issues and was in a psychiatric ward last year
    5 - "He had a drinking problem, and when he drank he got real violent,"
    6 - the officers shot him three or four more times
    7 - Schiltz's mother got the restraining order
    8 - He stole from relatives
    9 - made holes in walls
    10 - threatened to kill himself and his family
    11 - pleaded guilty to threatening to kill someone and breaking a utility line
    12 - two offers yelled to Schiltz to "drop it, drop it"
    13 - was shot three times but was still moving toward the woman

But his mother believes that "To me, it was excessive force,"

Last edited by USFREEDOM911; 03-10-2017 at 07:34 PM.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

CFM wants to know if Steven Schiltz is white or black, so he knows whether to feel bad about it or not...
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Jose Sanchez was coaching his soccer team of 13-year-old girls when a wild-eyed man began chasing children with what looked like a broken wine bottle at a California sports complex.
    People ran as the bloodied and shirtless man, later identified as 29-year-old Steven Schiltz, followed an adult soccer player over a 3-foot barrier and onto the field where the children were practicing Thursday night, Sanchez said.
    As screams filled the air and children climbed fences to escape, Schiltz moved toward a woman on the bleachers who apparently was frozen with fear. Two police officers opened fire, killing Schiltz.
    "I feel like the cops tried not to shoot him and when they did it was because they had to," Sanchez told The Associated Press. "He was going toward her, and you could see he was about to start swinging. ... One more second and he would have struck her."
    Schiltz's mother, Angela Hernandez, told KCBS-TV that her son had drug issues and was in a psychiatric ward last year. Court records show she took out a restraining order against him in 2013 and she said he threatened relatives with knives, baseball bats, pool sticks and chairs.
    But she said she spoke to him hours before the shooting and he sounded fine. She accused the police of overreacting.
    "To me, it was excessive force," Hernandez told the AP. "He was good-hearted. He would never go after kids."
    Huntington Beach police said at 7:20 p.m. Thursday officers responded to reports of a man wielding a baseball bat and broken bottle and chasing children at a park. The 45-acre facility has eight softball fields and seven soccer fields, as well as batting cages and playgrounds. Police estimated at least 200 people were there at the time.
    As the bizarre scene unfolded, Sanchez said two adult soccer players tried to topple a 6-by-8-foot soccer goal onto Schiltz to stop him. He continued toward Sanchez's team and another team of 11-year-old boys.
    "I started yelling to the girls to jump over the fence and we started tossing some girls over," Sanchez said.
    "I was looking around to see if I could find something to grab onto, to protect myself," he said. "I didn't really have anything. After getting the girls over, the only thing I could do was put my hands out and hopefully that would delay him or get him to come to me instead of the girls."
    As the kids were scrambling over the fence, Sanchez said Schiltz was stumbling around when a police officer arrived with gun drawn.
    A parent then showed up with some sort of stick and chased Schiltz away from the area where the children were, Sanchez said. Schiltz ran toward a set of bleachers, prompting two parents and their children to make a run for it while a woman remained behind.
    Sanchez said two offers yelled to Schiltz to "drop it, drop it," and when he moved toward the woman they opened fire.
    Schiltz was shot three times but was still moving toward the woman so the officers shot him three or four more times, Sanchez said.
    Huntington Beach police confirmed both officers opened fire and said the Orange County Sheriff's Department is investigating and seeking to interview more witnesses.
    Police said Schiltz had been to the park before but it was unclear why he was there Thursday.
    Schiltz was known to friends as "Steve-o" and was a baseball fan. At times, he lived on the streets, said Tom Hester, a homeless friend who said he saw Schiltz bicycling to the park just before the violence.
    "He had a drinking problem, and when he drank he got real violent," Hester said.
    Schiltz's mother got the restraining order after writing in court documents that her son "swings his baseball bat around threatening to physically hurt us."
    Schiltz drank heavily and used and sold marijuana, she wrote. He stole from relatives, made holes in walls and threatened to kill himself and his family, she said.
    In 2015, his mother had the restraining order dismissed. Later that year, Schiltz pleaded guilty to threatening to kill someone and breaking a utility line, court records show.
    Norman Harboldt, who builds sheds and hired Schiltz for some jobs, said he didn't know him well but recalled how Schiltz once tracked down a bicycle someone had stolen from his yard and returned it.

1 - a wild-eyed man began chasing children with what looked like a broken wine bottle
    2 - the bloodied and shirtless man, later identified as 29-year-old Steven Schiltz, followed an adult soccer player over a 3-foot barrier and onto the field where the children were practicing
    3 - Schiltz moved toward a woman on the bleachers who apparently was frozen with fear
    9 - made holes in walls

Are you surprised as his mother's excuse?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Buckly J. Ewer View Post
    CFM wants to know if Steven Schiltz is white or black, so he knows whether to feel bad about it or not...

All that matters is that another piece of shit is no longer a drain on society.

Interesting thing is you, AGAIN, automatically went to the race card.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

9 - made holes in walls

Ehhh Mom's are Mom's. In the area a grew up in there are a lot of very large Catholic families with shit loads of kids and each family seems to have that kid that's only ambition in life is to end up in the penitentiary. Yet to listen to their mother's that kid has never harmed a flea or had a sinful thought in their life.

I know a guy who is a cousin to my first cousins husband. Was one of the biggest drug dealers in the area. Went to prison for 7 years for, get this, getting busted with a semi-truck full of weed. Were talking a 50' box truck! I think it was something like 5 tons of weed or more. I mean he was busted red handed too. Had the trailer parked in a pole barn on his property. Tried to sell it all to an FBI agent. I mean we're talking as totally busted as it gets.

Yet his mom till her dying day defended his innocence.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

what would mommy have done had there been no police officers around?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    what would mommy have done had there been no police officers around?
    I know what my kid's mother would have done had there been no police officers around. I know it because it's the same thing their dad would have done.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    I know what my kid's mother would have done had there been no police officers around. I know it because it's the same thing their dad would have done.
    so you DO believe in people governing themselves?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

that's the Schiltz.....

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

All that matters is that another piece of shit is no longer a drain on society.

Interesting thing is you, AGAIN, automatically went to the race card.
    You always play the racist card ...
    What other card should I be expected to play?
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

GEE, THIS WAS SURE UNEXPECTED

Mother plans to file claim over son's killing by police

The mother of a man who was shot by police after witnesses said he chased children with a broken bottle at a California sports field plans to file a wrongful death claim against the city of Huntington Beach, her lawyer said Saturday.

Angela Hernandez, the mother of 29-year-old Steven Schiltz, doesn't believe he went on a rampage in the city, attorney Michael Guisti said.

"She's pretty heart-broken," the lawyer said. "The story that he's threatening people, or running away, that he was any sort of danger, she said that doesn't make any sense compared to the guy she knows and his personality."

Guisti planned to file a claim with the city next week and expects it to be denied, which would clear the way for a lawsuit.

Schiltz, who lived with his mother, had come to the Huntington Beach Sports Complex on Thursday evening to play softball on a team, Guisti said.

Witnesses, however, said a bloody, shirtless man later identified as Schiltz followed an adult soccer player over a 3-foot barrier onto a soccer field and began chasing children with a broken wine bottle.

As the screaming youngsters fled, the man moved toward a woman on the bleachers who appeared frozen with fear, said Jose Sanchez, a coach whose team of 13-year-olds was practicing on the field.

Two police officers opened fire, killing Schiltz.

"I feel like the cops tried not to shoot him and when they did it was because they had to," Sanchez told The Associated Press. "One more second, and he would have struck her."
    Schiltz's mother told KCBS-TV that her son had drug issues and was in a psychiatric ward last year.

--------------------------------------------------------------

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    so you DO believe in people governing themselves?
    I believe in people defending themselves. Always have.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I believe in people defending themselves. Always have.
    self defense requires conscious and logical thinking, something you've said that people cannot do, so government must do it for them. so what is it you believe? CAN people govern themselves or not?

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Shit her panties?
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buckly J. Ewer View Post
    Bingo.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!