Thread: Congratulations to Grind and the rest of the Massholes, that was fun to watch!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Congratulations to Grind and the rest of the Massholes, that was fun to watch!

Loved the game. Didn't really care much other than wanted Grind to cry some more... But dayum, Greatest comeback in Superbowl history and first OT Superbowl game!
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (02-05-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Loved the game. Didn't really care much other than wanted Grind to cry some more... But dayum, Greatest comeback in Superbowl history and first OT Superbowl game!
    Isn't Brady the first QB to win 5 Superbowls?
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (02-05-2017)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 62 Times in 61 Posts

Yes
    Hypocrisy =
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Trump is still blaming Obama for everything.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

oh man that game was fucking awesome.

when it was 21-3.. I was like "ok we are still in this"

when it was 28-3... I was like "fuck.... ok this is going to be tough"

I never gave up hope. I always thought we were in it, although I do have to admit I was getting pretty worried, and I was starting to shift to the mindset of "well I hope we make it competitive at least"

I knew brady was capable of marching down the field and running it up. But so much had to go right for us.

One thing I don't see being talked about much is that falcons literally could have iced this game. There was 4 minutes left and they were on the 23 yard line. I know it's kinda unconventional but seriously just kick the field goal. Even on second down. Or at least just do one or two running plays. It would have been fucking impossible for us to comeback being down 11 with 4 minutes left. we'd need the touch down, the two point conversation, then have falcons not bleed the clock, then still need to get a FG of our own. Game would have been iced right then and there. But instead falcons got greedy and got pushed back to 3rd and 33 and we were back in it.

Man I just keep winning. I don't know what it is like to lose. I rooted for cubs, I rooted for clinton to lose, now pats win. I am on a roll.

I also had a 6 month beard I shaved off today. I was worried I just fucked up all the mojo for a while. Shouldn't have risked that.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Peridot (02-07-2017)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL

---

Grind is basically right

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

leaningright (02-06-2017), Minister of Truth (02-06-2017), USFREEDOM911 (02-06-2017)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Roger Goodell getting booed. (one of the best moments tonight)

---

Grind is basically right

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default Congratulations to Grind and the rest of the Massholes, that was fun to watch!

I am a die hard Steelers fan so obviously this season didn't go they way I wanted. But I hoped the Patriots would win just to shut haters like KKKhristiefan up. Of course like the election they just won't accept it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (02-06-2017)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    I am a die hard Steelers fan so obviously this season didn't go they way I wanted. But I hoped the Patriots would win just to shut haters like KKKhristiefan up. Of course like the election they just won't accept it
    Fans are furious after questionable decision by refs emerges from final play of Super Bowl 51

The New England Patriots stormed back from down 28-3 to upset the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl 51’s thrilling overtime contest.
    But some fans weren’t quite so willing to simply accept the 34-28 result.
    After a pass interference call put the Patriots on the one-yard line, an incompletion on first down set New England up on the brink of ending the game. Running back James White appeared to punch it in from just outside the end zone, and fans weren’t happy with the still shot:

"Not even a review? Knee looked down before he made the final stretch over the plane #SuperBowl #Falcons #Patriots pic.twitter.com/MVCwciRJ3a"

While it’s not super clear that he does break the plane, as the ball is a bit obstructed by a defender’s leg, the play was ruled a touchdown on the field.
    That means even if there’s a review there has to be definitive proof that he doesn’t break the plane and there’s simply not that.
    Enjoy the win, Pats fans.
    — Keenan Parente (@keenan_parente) February 6, 2017
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

that was a great game. the officials only missed one call, as far as I could tell. the holding call that put them at 3rd and 33 should have been offset by the facemask at the tackle, but the way that the falcons fell apart probably wouldn't have changed the outcome.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts