Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State Dept. carries out layoffs under Rex Tillerson

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Default State Dept. carries out layoffs under Rex Tillerson

While Rex Tillerson is on his first overseas trip as Secretary of State, his aides laid off staff at the State Department on Thursday.

Much of seventh-floor staff, who work for the Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources and the Counselor offices, were told today that their services were no longer needed.

These staffers in particular are often the conduit between the secretary’s office to the country bureaus, where the regional expertise is centered. Inside the State Department, some officials fear that this is a politically-minded purge that cuts out much-needed expertise from the policy-making, rather than simply reorganizing the bureaucracy.

There are clear signals being sent that many key foreign policy portfolios will be controlled directly by the White House, rather than through the professional diplomats.

Not a single State Department official was included in the White House meetings with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu this week. Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner - who has no regional expertise or diplomatic experience - had a greater role in the meeting than the Senate-confirmed secretary of State.

Rex Tillerson was absent Wednesday but did join Kushner and Netanyahu for dinner the night before. Acting Deputy Secretary of State Tom Shannon was on the official schedule to take his place but was then shut out of the White House meeting.

In an emailed statement to CBS News, a State Department official explained that the decision to modify the meeting was made at the White House to “allow for a more personal discussion.” That presumably is a reference to the long-standing friendship between Trump, Kushner, and Netanyahu.

That particular incident was disheartening to many State Department officials who hope that Mr. Tillerson - who had a long career as Exxon Mobil’s CEO - will bring his worldly experience and management to a building that has been demoralized by the Trump administration’s antipathy toward multilateralism and cavalier approach to diplomacy.

Two sources also told CBS News that Ambassador Kristie Kenney, the Counselor of the State Department and one of the last remaining senior officials, was informed that she will be let go. She is a career foreign service officer who had served as an ambassador under Presidents Obama, Bush and Clinton. Her staff was told that Secretary Tillerson does not intend to fill the counselor’s position anytime soon.

While positions are often reshuffled during transitions and those perceived as politically-oriented are moved aside, the departures leave the positions vacant at a time of global instability. In Thursday’s presser, President Trump referred to “mass instability overseas, no matter where you look.”

“The middle east is a disaster,” he complained. “North Korea - we’ll take care of it folks; we’re going to take care of it all. I just want to let you know, I inherited a mess.”

worries that the White House is displaying an intent not rely on the State Department for foreign policy in that no one will be in place to challenge the edicts drawn up in the Oval Office.

This may be what President Trump was referring to when he repeatedly said that “our people” are not yet in place at U.S. government agencies. He blamed the leaks of embarrassing White House transcripts of his phone calls with foreign leaders - including difficult conversations he had with Mexico and Australia - on officials who had previously worked for the Obama Administration.

R.C. Hammond, a State Department spokesman, did not respond to the specific question of what motivated the layoffs but provided the following statement: “As part of the transition from one administration to the next we continue to build out our team. The State Department is supported by a very talented group of individuals, both Republicans and Democrats. We are appreciative to any American who dedicates their talents to public service.‎”
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/state-de...g-carried-out/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

purge out the Clinton State Dept. Pull a Stalin for all I care -it's den of vipers.

State Dept held the Iran nuke deal portfolio -i don't trust any of them.
    It's better to leave the posts unfilled for the time being then trust it to the Snakes in the Grass

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (02-19-2017)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    purge out the Clinton State Dept. Pull a Stalin for all I care -it's den of vipers.

It's better to leave the posts unfilled for the time being then trust it to the Snakes in the Grass
    Leave posts unfilled?....Fact is, the gov. is bloated with employees that literally get paid for doing nothing...some don't even bother to show up or show up an
    leave after 2 or 3 hours and still get paid....

There were 21,995,000 employed by federal, state and local government in the United States in August

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articl...llion-Not-Work
    Last edited by NOVA; 02-19-2017 at 03:18 PM.
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Stalin would be proud...
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by YaYurt View Post
    White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus said Sunday that top U.S. intelligence officials have told him that Donald Trump’s presidential campaign did not collude with Russia -- attempting to end widespread new reports about potentially compromising, illegal talks with the former Cold War enemy.

“I can assure you, the top levels of the intelligence community have assured me that [the allegation] is not only grossly overstated, but also wrong,” Priebus told “Fox News Sunday.” “They have made it very clear that the story is complete garbage.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ntroversy.html
    Priebus "assured" us unequivocally last week that Flynn never talked about sanctions to the Russians...
    We all now know that he was lying then...Why should anyone want to believe him today?
    Oh yeah, if you are a fucking Trumptard you might believe anything these lying clowns might say...

"You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    Leave posts unfilled?....Fact is, the gov. is bloated with employees that literally get paid for doing nothing...some don't even bother to show up or show up an
    leave after 2 or 3 hours and still get paid....

There were 21,995,000 employed by federal, state and local government in the United States in August

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articl...llion-Not-Work
    Anarchy is good?
    Got it!
    Poor Blabo

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Today, 11:19 AM
    Buckly J. Ewer
    Racism Whistleblower
    This message is hidden because Buckly J. Ewer is on your ignore list.
    Today, 11:25 AM
    Buckly J. Ewer
    Racism Whistleblower
    Today, 11:28 AM
    Buckly J. Ewer
    Racism Whistleblower

LOL, poor Bukkkle reduced to desh like spazzing and spamming threads because almost no one responds to his trolling anymore.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2018.2 For This Post:

anatta (02-19-2017), cancel2 2022 (02-19-2017)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    LOL, poor Bukkkle reduced to desh like spazzing and spamming threads because almost no one responds to his trolling anymore.
    lay him off.....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-19-2017)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Secretary Rex Tillerson Begins Deconstructing 7th Floor “Shadow Government” @ State

The term “shadow government” is not a construct of critics; it’s actually the term the professional bureaucrats within the 7th floor of the Washington DC based Department of State gave to themselves.

The career political operatives who reign within the State Department openly view themselves as a distinctly separate state governing authority, with no attachment to the policies or objectives of the United States presidency or any mere elected official therein.

or years this group has considered themselves “the untouchables”.

They live a life of high financed indulgence including: massive expense accounts, chartered airline travel, swanky cocktail parties, expense chauffeurs to take their kids to private school, seasonally designed home decor – appointed by only the very best interior designers, personal security to keep the commoners away, tickets to the best venues and reserved seating at elite DC restaurants.

With first rights to the budget expenditures, the 7th floor group finds no indulgence too extravagant for their intellectual elitism. They demand nothing but the finest because they are the most worthy of the DC professionally privileged – who are more equal than others; and after all, their jobs require them to host and visit like-minded diplomats, and celebrities with exclusive tastes from around the world.

Today, this elite crew collectively choked on their crust-less triangle sandwiches:

Countryman worries that the White House is displaying an intent not rely on the State Department for foreign policy in that no one will be in place to challenge the edicts drawn up in the Oval Office. (read more)

Ah yes, who will remain to “challenge the edicts of the Oval Office“? Yes, that’s what they see as ‘THEIR JOB’. Those,.. those… White House vulgarians are merely peon elected officials who represent the far inferior riff-raff types with lesser intellect and class.

Oh, the horror of it all…

These entities see themselves as a complete and separate structure of government. They also function as a complete and separate ideological structure of government:

Secretary Rex Tillerson is tasked with taking the corrupt and rotting vehicle down to the frame and cutting out the cancerous rust. This is yet another epic battle with ZERO Washington DC supporters as Trump and T-Rex endeavor through the restoration phase.

We shall now see if the UniParty (Democrat and Republican) will try to impede such an effort:
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...dept-of-state/

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernRacist View Post
    I can't deal with Buckly, He is always calling me out on moral issues and I don't know how to respond....
    To ignore is the sanctuary of the ignorant...

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by YaYurt View Post
    Today, 11:19 AM
    Buckly J. Ewer
    Racism Whistleblower
    Today, 11:25 AM
    Buckly J. Ewer
    Racism Whistleblower
    Today, 11:28 AM
    Buckly J. Ewer
    Racism Whistleblower

I can't deal with Buckly because he won't let me keep up the facade that I dislike Trump while I praise and defend everything my orange master does.
    To ignore is the sanctuary of the ignorant, YaYurt...

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Buckly J. Ewer View Post
    To ignore is the sanctuary of the ignorant...
    could you possibly not be a complete asshole 100% of the time? thanks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If the racist swine anatta-boy hates me, I must be doing something correct...
    Thanks for the re-assurance, swine...

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    lay him off.....
    ?

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That is like asking water not to be wet.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.2 For This Post: