Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Milo tapped as Keynote Speaker at CPAC

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

And this is why liberals are tearing their hair out over trump. On policy, he's actually mostly moderate, and he has many ideas that are very center-road and things most people can agree on. So why freak the fuck out? Because liberals, deep down... felt the paradigm shift. Deep inside of them in a dark place tucked away where their mind fears to tread. Liberals thought they were winning the culture war. They probably thought they would never have a white male president ever again. Only strong empowered womyns who don't need no man. They thought swagger was gone for good. But nope. No more p.c. bullshit anymore. No asterisks next to comments. Swag is back. John Wayne politics are on the rise. Toxic femininity has been blown the fuck out.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

anatta (02-19-2017), Darth Omar (02-19-2017)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    That's how stupid liberals are? Hilarious!

Pal, you've revealed how stupid your dad is.
    my point is that because of your reeeeeeeee-fest and burning shit you've made milo's audience 10x bigger. All because you can't handle a little bit of free speech.

Ideas can't be contained or put down. You try to suppress them, they'll only arise stronger.

---

Grind is basically right

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Minister of Truth (02-18-2017), Stretch (02-19-2017)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (02-19-2017)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Milo has an important task. Taking on the lunacy on college campuses and exposing what liberalism and PC culture lead to. The right needs him, like it or not.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well for one his last name is impossible to pronounce.

yee-an-op-olis

---

Grind is basically right

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

since our Republic was founded. You're confusing patriotism and nationalism. Patriotism is solid conservative bedrock principle. Nationalism is a chauvinistic and bigoted notion of one national identity being inherently superior to all others.

Ask the Germans, British, French, Russians and Japanese where nationalism got them in the first half of the 20th century. Look where it got us in Vietnam and Iraq.
    This is what I find hilarious about the present situation. From Burke through conservative writers such as Kirk and Erik von Kuehnelt-Leddihn, the subject of nationalism was always denounced as an evil. I was surprised to find myself out-of-step by supporting Truman's decision to drop the bombs, which actually horrified many conservatives of the time.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (02-19-2017), Phantasmal (02-20-2017)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

depends how you define nationalism. A lot of people believe looking out for America first is nationalist. I don't believe we are genetically superior, I believe our constitution is superior. To me looking out for ones own countries interest above all others seems perfectly natural and normal. Why should I give a shit about some 3rd world shithole? I dont even care about the american poor.

---

Grind is basically right

12. The Following User Groans At BRUTALITOPS For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (02-20-2017)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

anatta (02-19-2017), Minister of Truth (02-18-2017), tsuke (02-19-2017)

14. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by K I L L View Post
    Who would have thought ten years ago a flaming gay guy would be one of conservatives leading speakers? My dad, who routinely listens to and worships michael savage and believes obama is an actual muslim from kenya has milos book pre-ordered now. That's how fucking stupid liberals are. They've made milo ten times stronger.

We live in a new day. Now being a conservative is to be radical, rebellious. The image of stuffy old parents wearing mr. rogers sweaters with an idealistic yet dopey liberal child has been replaced by stuffy old clinton supporters who have children rocking MAGA hats.

Again some of you keep falling for the propaganda and fake news about how milo is a "hatespeecher" .. no he isn't. He isn't anymore out of line than say someone like... ann coulter or michelle malkin. Maybe a bit incendiary but by far not outside of the realm of normal opinion.
    I grew-up listening to talk radio, but, when listening to Savage (and reading his books), by parents and I always understood that Savage is an extreme nutcase, even though he has some good points. He was extremely entertaining to me during my teenage years. The intellectual conservatives like Medved, Hewitt, Praeger, Bennett, Bachelor, etc., have always been my preference over hacks like Hannity, shock-jocks like Limbaugh, emotionally unbalanced types like Levin and Beck, and nutcases like Savage. My only disappointment has been Laura Ingraham, who used to present herself as a New England intellectual with a dose of hackery, and is now a full-fledged Trumptard.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

16. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And this is why liberals are tearing their hair out over trump. On policy, he's actually mostly moderate, and he has many ideas that are very center-road and things most people can agree on. So why freak the fuck out? Because liberals, deep down... felt the paradigm shift. Deep inside of them in a dark place tucked away where their mind fears to tread. Liberals thought they were winning the culture war. They probably thought they would never have a white male president ever again. Only strong empowered womyns who don't need no man. They thought swagger was gone for good. But nope. No more p.c. bullshit anymore. No asterisks next to comments. Swag is back. John Wayne politics are on the rise. Toxic femininity has been blown the fuck out.
    I go back-and-forth about how receptive I would be to Douchebag Donald's message if he wasn't such a scumbag. I know I strongly opposed Huckabee for being a populist, but I respect the man for his decency and straightforwardness. I have always been intrigued by the notion of protectionism, suspecting it would have its day due to the trade deficits with China, and admitted back in 2000 when I started following politics, that I would be mildly interested in seeing a protectionist platform in action. Trump had done nothing his entire life when he announced that met my approval, and then he continued to piss me off throughout the primaries.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

anatta (02-19-2017)

18. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

since our Republic was founded. You're confusing patriotism and nationalism. Patriotism is solid conservative bedrock principle. Nationalism is a chauvinistic and bigoted notion of one national identity being inherently superior to all others.

Ask the Germans, British, French, Russians and Japanese where nationalism got them in the first half of the 20th century. Look where it got us in Vietnam and Iraq.
    Yes and look where it got us when we abandoned our sovereignty and handed it over to the EU!!

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

19. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

anatta (02-19-2017)

20. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deplorable Me View Post
    What's wrong with Milo?
    I like the guy, although he has become more of a media player since going to the USA.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

22. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taft2016 View Post
    I like the guy.

No, he's not Milton Friedman, but he engages people on their level and decimates them. He serves a purpose and I welcome him to the movement.
    He is a lot smarter than he is being given credit for here, I don't agree with everything he says but it is just brilliant the way he boils the piss of the regressive left. He is a bit of a chameleon though, for instance his real name is Milo Hanrahan.

Last edited by cancel2 2022; 02-19-2017 at 03:28 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

24. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

The leftys want transparency and that's what we're giving them. With DJT what you see is what you get. Same with Milo and a few others. We're giving no phony PC...just transparency in spades. They should have been more careful of what they wished for. They can't handle it and it's worth the price of admission to watch their meltdown.

woods.jpg
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

25. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
    I go back-and-forth about how receptive I would be to Douchebag Donald's message if he wasn't such a scumbag. I know I strongly opposed Huckabee for being a populist, but I respect the man for his decency and straightforwardness. I have always been intrigued by the notion of protectionism, suspecting it would have its day due to the trade deficits with China, and admitted back in 2000 when I started following politics, that I would be mildly interested in seeing a protectionist platform in action. Trump had done nothing his entire life when he announced that met my approval, and then he continued to piss me off throughout the primaries.
    I don't support protectionism but i don't think that and nationalism are mutually exclusive.

---

Grind is basically right

26. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,286 Times in 10,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

my point is that because of your reeeeeeeee-fest and burning shit you've made milo's audience 10x bigger. All because you can't handle a little bit of free speech.

Ideas can't be contained or put down. You try to suppress them, they'll only arise stronger.
    I could not give a shit about him. I found him mildly amusing, albeit a little irritating with his pissy antics. Certainly no one to be taken seriously.

However, you did reveal the complete and pathetic ignorance of your dad. Not surprising, however.