View Poll Results: Which Political Faction do you Self-Identify with?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservative

3 42.86%
  • Moderate

2 28.57%
  • Progressive

0 0%
  • Other

2 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Political Faction do you Self-Identify with?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurmugeon View Post
    Its a simple question.

Given the choices of: Conservative, Moderate, Progressive, Other, what are you?

That's the software supported poll question.

But, additionally, in a post, how would you rate your Faction, and each of the other Factions: Strongly Support, Favorable, Neutral, Unfavorable, Strongly Reject?

Why?

-
    Non of the above. I heed President Washington's sensible advise to disregard factionalism and sectionalism and identify myself first and foremost as an American.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
    If you were born as one political ideology, but self-identify as another, which should you call yourself?
    OK...you have to explain this one to me 3D...how the hell can you be born into a political ideology? Did you mean raised in one?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you were born as one political ideology, but self-identify as another, which should you call yourself?
    of course no one would call themselves what they self-identify as, what an absurd idea.......

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 24 Posts

A Critical Thinker!

-

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is from another forum, but gets to the point of the thread.

You missed a somewhat significant faction and inserted a fringe faction. Refer to Gallup on Ideology. The latest I've seen has Conservatives @ 37%, Moderates @ 35%, and Liberals @ 24%. Progressives are a violent, intolerant fringe of Liberalism that, in this country, is promoted by a George Soros.

I'm a Fiscal Conservative and Lean toward Libertarian on most Social Issues. Moderates are Great, Liberalism derives from Victimology, the burning desire to make people feel like victims and, failing that, promoting policies that are damaging to people and turn them into victims. Add violence and intolerance to Liberalism and you have Progressivism. No further explanation required as Progressivism is on display every day, vandalizing property, burning down businesses, and threatening people who might disagree with them.
    Your observations make the point the thread was intended to convey.

Progressives are a cancer on everything they touch. Liberalism isn't allot different, just with milder manners, and cowardace which precludes violence.

Make no mistake, even though the Democratic Party has many "Liberals" left in it, the "Progressives" are in control!

The Liberals have little voice, and no choice.

Trump won in 2016, because the Middle, the Moderates, decided that what ever differences they might have with the Conservatives, they were small compared to the wackos in the Progressives.

Note, in this analysis, their are only two significant political party's, but we can all see, there are THREE+ political Factions.

Unless the Liberals find the gumption to boot out the Progressives, the GOP is going to stay in power.

-

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    other. ideologies are for suckers. never lock into any party/movement.
    I'm hoping populism delivers - if not I'm off to something else.
    Why do you assume just because a voter choses to support a Faction, that they are "Locked" into it?

No one assumes a voter is "Locked" into Political Party?!

Any Voter has the right to self-identify with a political Faction (camp), just like they can identify with a Major Political Party, or even a minor Political Party...

The point is, America clearly has TWO Major political parties, and with the tendency for the RINOs to join up with the Democrats to act as a Duopoly, often it seems Washington D.C. is only representing the Career Political Establishment.

Yet, clearly, the American People are from 3+ Political Factions, or Camps, in basic Beliefs and Political Outlooks.

Right now, the majority of Washington D.C. office holders, be they elected or appointed, are representing the views of the smallest camp, the Globalist Progressives.

So, in keeping with my theories that you can change your Faction at any time, a whole bunch of Liberals left the Democratic Party, and voted as Moderates-for-Trump.

That is WHY Trump Won!

-

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is from another forum, but gets to the point of the thread.

Your observations make the point the thread was intended to convey.

Progressives are a cancer on everything they touch. Liberalism isn't allot different, just with milder manners, and cowardace which precludes violence.

Make no mistake, even though the Democratic Party has many "Liberals" left in it, the "Progressives" are in control!

The Liberals have little voice, and no choice.

Trump won in 2016, because the Middle, the Moderates, decided that what ever differences they might have with the Conservatives, they were small compared to the wackos in the Progressives.

Note, in this analysis, their are only two significant political party's, but we can all see, there are THREE+ political Factions.

Unless the Liberals find the gumption to boot out the Progressives, the GOP is going to stay in power.

-
    Some one repsonded to this post, with a very insightful post:

The Democratic Party has been hijacked by the Progressives. Observe how most artists, despite being Liberal, were honored to play at the Inauguration ,,, until, that is, they were threatened with being blackballed by Progressives. This started with Climate Change, when it became a crime for PhD research to do anything but support the dogma. Since radicals were in control of the funds, they were able to drive any contradictory research out of the public domain ,,, and were successful in driving policy through intimidation. I thought the violence, intolerance and intimidation were limited to that domain, but these last several months have proven me wrong.

Similarly, I fully believe that Elijah Cummings was slated to meet with Trump on inner city issues and was intimidated into canceling. He's denying it now ,,, but, we'll see. I'm not crazy about Cummings, but I'm hopeful he can be honest after (if) they meet.

This technique of: shouting-down, protesting, ostracizing, defunding, smearing, and violence has become the Hallmark of the "Progressives".

I'm not so sure that represents any kind of "Progress".

-

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Its a simple question.

Given the choices of: Conservative, Moderate, Progressive, Other, what are you?

That's the software supported poll question.

But, additionally, in a post, how would you rate your Faction, and each of the other Factions: Strongly Support, Favorable, Neutral, Unfavorable, Strongly Reject?

Why?

-
    Silly question....of course we're all moderates here on JPP..........lmao!
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NOVA For This Post:

Kurmugeon (02-18-2017)

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    Silly question....of course we're all moderates here on JPP..........lmao!
    Yes, trumptards like yourself are moderately insane, moderately racist and moderately xenophobic...
    MODERATES!
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is about getting Polling which focuses on the Bottom Up approach to Politics.

When they construct a current, Political Party Oriented Approval Poll, they use statistical and political science to format the questions into as close to neutral bias questions as possible. At least, any honest and accurate pollster does...

Well, if you merely took those same questions, and prefaced them with a description of Political Faction, such as:

A Political Party is an Organization of Voters which is oreinted around the Policies, Beliefs, and Principles of its Candidates, Office Holders, and Leaders.

A Political Faction is an Organization of Voters which is based on the Policies, Beliefs, and Princples of its Like-Minded Voters.

A Political Party is Top-Down. A Political Faction is Bottom-Up!

So...

Conservative Values: Limited Size and Scope Government constrained by a Constitution, Fiscal Modesty, Strong Military, Captitalism & Entrepeneurship, Faith and Tradition, Patriotism, Punish / Execute Criminals, Change is rarely for the better,

Moderate Values: Cooperation and Consensus, Practical Government Assistence if NEEDED, A Hand up & not a Hand out, Tollerance and Inclusion, Give it time to work, The Center is stronger than the fringe edges, My Rights end where yours begin, Good Fences make for Good Neighbors, Let's Think this all the way through...

Progressive Values: Victim Groups must be granted Reparations, Government can solve any problem, Deficites do not matter, Open Borders are good, Voices of Descent from the Progressive Ideal must be silenced, Violence is a valid path to political power, All must be made to acknowledge, celebrate, and embrace the non-standard sexual orientation choices made by Progressives, Disagreement with a Progressive authorizes any form of abusive tactic, Progressives are morally and intellectually superior to all others, The Progressive end goal Utopia is so pure and good, it justifies any and all means to achieve it.

Other: If your primary values are not in the above three categories, you are "Other".
    And then replaced the words for Political Party, with words for political factions, I believe you could get relatively accurate results.

-

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurmugeon For This Post:

NOVA (02-18-2017)

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Remember, "It is only Obstruction, Fake News, Vandalism, Arson, Assault, or Murder, if the victim is a Progressive, LGBT, or Person-of-Color!"