Thread: The Unbelievable ARROGANCE of the GOP

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,611 Times in 7,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,966 Times in 1,782 Posts

Default The Unbelievable ARROGANCE of the GOP

"Most people would just be grateful that they even get to meet Mia Love."

Utah Republican’s staff sneers at protesters: ‘Most people would just be grateful’ to meet her

A Utah Republican has angered her constituents by placing strict rules on her meetings with the public.

Rep. Mia Love (R-UT) hasn’t held a town hall to discuss the Affordable Care Act or other issues with her constituents, who say the congresswoman’s office was unusually dismissive toward their concerns, reported KUTV-TV.

Realtor Terry Mitchell and two other constituents went to the lawmaker’s office in West Jordan to ask when Love would meet publicly to address voter concerns.

“I was told that we could do a meeting with four to five people at a time, in the office,” Mitchell told the TV station.

A staffer told them that no recording devices or media would be allowed into the event, whenever it was held — and they expressed frustration.

“When there’s no press — there’s no nothing, there’s no audience — she can pretty much say anything she wants to say,” said Matt Nielsen, who was at that meeting. “She can dodge pretty much any question that she wants to dodge.”

Love’s colleague, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT), was confronted by angry constituents last weekend at a widely reported town hall, and other Republican lawmakers have faced similar hostility in the early weeks of the Trump administration.

But all three were stunned by the response from Love’s district director, Laurel Price.

“She said, ‘We’re throwing you a bone, you should just take it,’” Mitchell told the TV station. “’Most people would just be grateful that they even get to meet Mia Love.’”

Mitchell said she felt insulted by Price, but Love’s office has refused to comment on the incident.

A spokesman for Love promised the congresswoman would eventually hold a town hall, but she apparently hopes to avoid what Chaffetz faced.

“She welcomes elevated dialogue and reasonable conversations with her constituents,” said spokesman Richard Piatt said in a statement. “Rep. Love has proven that she can have positive and forward-moving meetings with constituents who don’t necessarily agree with her, (but) shouting matches and verbal abuse are not what constitutes a Utah-style civic dialogue.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/utah...l-to-meet-her/
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ZappasGuitar For This Post:

midcan5 (02-17-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

MOST elected officials are like this. i've had my fair share of both dems and repubs. but good job, hack.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Republicans don't serve the people, they serve themselves and their corporate sponsors, so why would they bother with the people. Republicans want the people controlled and educated along lines Mao Zedong would appreciate. Thus the destruction of public education and public radio along with the arts. The books noted below cover the corporate part of the equation and 'White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America' by Nancy Isenberg covers the class part. Keep em dumb is their motto. When I read today about the bewilderment over the republicans I wonder what world the person lives in, republicans have always been as they are now, Truman nailed them long ago and yet each group must learn anew. Control history education and you mange the mind.

"Well, I have been studying the Republican Party for over 12 years at close hand in the Capital of the United States. And by this time, I have discovered where the Republicans stand on most of the major issues.

Since they won't tell you themselves, I am going to tell you." http://www.trumanlibrary.org/publicp...x.php?pid=1986

"Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right" Jane Mayer
    'Invisible Hands: The Businessmen's Crusade Against the New Deal' Kim Phillips-Fein

"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican." H.L. Mencken
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Phantasmal (02-17-2017), ZappasGuitar (02-17-2017)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

so if you really wanted to express your concerns instead of just protesting why not go to these meetings? Sounds like these 2 who asked would have been let in if they wanted.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post

Utah Republican’s staff sneers at protesters: ‘Most people would just be grateful’ to meet her

A Utah Republican has angered her constituents by placing strict rules on her meetings with the public.

Rep. Mia Love (R-UT) hasn’t held a town hall to discuss the Affordable Care Act or other issues with her constituents, who say the congresswoman’s office was unusually dismissive toward their concerns, reported KUTV-TV.

Realtor Terry Mitchell and two other constituents went to the lawmaker’s office in West Jordan to ask when Love would meet publicly to address voter concerns.

“I was told that we could do a meeting with four to five people at a time, in the office,” Mitchell told the TV station.

A staffer told them that no recording devices or media would be allowed into the event, whenever it was held — and they expressed frustration.

“When there’s no press — there’s no nothing, there’s no audience — she can pretty much say anything she wants to say,” said Matt Nielsen, who was at that meeting. “She can dodge pretty much any question that she wants to dodge.”

Love’s colleague, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT), was confronted by angry constituents last weekend at a widely reported town hall, and other Republican lawmakers have faced similar hostility in the early weeks of the Trump administration.

But all three were stunned by the response from Love’s district director, Laurel Price.

“She said, ‘We’re throwing you a bone, you should just take it,’” Mitchell told the TV station. “’Most people would just be grateful that they even get to meet Mia Love.’”

Mitchell said she felt insulted by Price, but Love’s office has refused to comment on the incident.

A spokesman for Love promised the congresswoman would eventually hold a town hall, but she apparently hopes to avoid what Chaffetz faced.

“She welcomes elevated dialogue and reasonable conversations with her constituents,” said spokesman Richard Piatt said in a statement. “Rep. Love has proven that she can have positive and forward-moving meetings with constituents who don’t necessarily agree with her, (but) shouting matches and verbal abuse are not what constitutes a Utah-style civic dialogue.”

You racist POS

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post

you should run against her Zap.....surely the voters would prefer you to her......

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

MAGA MAN (02-17-2017)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

This is Mitchell's account of the conversation. Who knows for sure what was said, but there is not much support for your claim of arrogance. This is hearsay.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.