Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The resistance is on the wrong side, as usual

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

And really, can we all stop with the "left has lost it" thing? There IS hysteria, but if there was every warranted hysteria, this is it.

People give a damn about this country. Trump is an unmitigated trainwreck. It is absolutely unreal that he has been elected as our President and CIC. If you can't lose it over that, what can you lose it over?

This is a scary time for America. I just want us to get through it, personally. I have never had that kind of uncertainty.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Bill (02-11-2017), christiefan915 (02-11-2017)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    And really, can we all stop with the "left has lost it" thing? There IS hysteria, but if there was every warranted hysteria, this is it.

People give a damn about this country. Trump is an unmitigated trainwreck. It is absolutely unreal that he has been elected as our President and CIC. If you can't lose it over that, what can you lose it over?

This is a scary time for America. I just want us to get through it, personally. I have never had that kind of uncertainty.
    just when you were making some sense, you lapsed back into hyperbolic nonsense.

4. The Following User Groans At anatta For This Awful Post:

Rune (02-11-2017)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (02-12-2017)

6. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

LMAO. So you admit there is hysteria, but, hey, it is good. Hysteria is NEVER good you hack. You have lost it. Go look at your posts before Trump won and then look at them after he won, you became unglued and hyper partisan.

A scary time for America? Listen to yourself. You sound EXACTLY like many on the right when Obama won and I bet dollars to donuts you criticized them for it.

Trump is not the best pick and he acts like a child and his diplomacy skills appear to suck, but he doesn't want to destroy this country, and in fact, many things he has done so far are good for the country and YOU even agree with some of them.

So calm down, count to 10 and breathe.

7. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2018.2 For This Awful Post:

Rune (02-11-2017)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.2 For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (02-12-2017)

9. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    It is not hyperbole with him, he actually believes it 100%.

He admits to being hysterical. That should be a wake up call, but he thinks it is good to be hysterical, I mean, he really believes and said it.

Wow.

10. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't expect you to see it w/ clarity. You bought in.

Even if it was just temperament, Trump would be a scary POTUS. But he has no respect for the Constitution, or for the truth, or for fair & equal treatment. He's more suited to be a king or pope in the middle ages than POTUS in 2017.

11. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2020.1 For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2018.2 (02-11-2017)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Rune (02-11-2017)

13. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If Trump had made it about "dangerous countries" from the beginning, and not about religion, you wouldn't be seeing this outcry from the left. You'd be seeing some on the fringes, but it wouldn't be like this.

Trump made it about religion, and freedom from discrimination based on that - even for foreigners, as a principle - is something we all hold dear as Americans.

So, I don't think there is much disingenuous about it. It's really apples to oranges, even if Obama's had been more publicized.
    This is the problem with the left, it is not about facts, it is about feelings. Bash him all you want (rightfully so) about his desire to ban muslims, however, to claim the EO is a religious ban is a false. It doesn't matter what he says, it matters what the EO says and its effect. Over a billion muslims can still enter this country, but your hysteria makes you believe it is a total muslim ban.

You've lost it and that is a fact.

14. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    This is the problem with the left, it is not about facts, it is about feelings. Bash him all you want (rightfully so) about his desire to ban muslims, however, to claim the EO is a religious ban is a false. It doesn't matter what he says, it matters what the EO says and its effect. Over a billion muslims can still enter this country, but your hysteria makes you believe it is a total muslim ban.

You've lost it and that is a fact.
    Intent matters to me. It should matter to you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Rune (02-11-2017)

16. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Even if it was just temperament, Trump would be a scary POTUS. But he has no respect for the Constitution, or for the truth, or for fair & equal treatment. He's more suited to be a king or pope in the middle ages than POTUS in 2017.
    But yet, he abides by the Constitution.

See, you're hysterical and just make stuff up because you hate the man. You're as bad as those on the right who said Obama was muslim and born in Kenya.

There are plenty of things to criticize him for, but the more you guys get hysterical, the better he looks.

17. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Intent matters to me. It should matter to you.
    Not when determining the constitutionality of a code, EO etc. Even if Trump was a Nazi, if his EO does not violate the constitution, then it doesn't matter what his intent is and we can thank our founding fathers for the Constitution.

You're not thinking clearly.

18. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

the media creates the memes, and the Dems reinforce,and the protestors haven't a clue..

"Muslim ban " is manifestly, stupidly wrong
    Yea the so called president should have never said it....

You don't mind discrimination now, wtf next?
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

19. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That is hilarious coming from someone who just said being hysterical is a good thing.

Definition of hysteria
    : a psychoneurosis marked by emotional excitability and disturbances of the psychogenic, sensory, vasomotor, and visceral (see visceral 4) functions
    : behavior exhibiting overwhelming or unmanageable fear or emotional excess <political hysteria> <The plague had caused mass hysteria in the village.>
    See hysteria defined for English-language learners

Yeah, you really did say that is a good thing.

20. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

, EO etc. Even if Trump was a Nazi, if his EO does not violate the constitution, then it doesn't matter what is intent is and we can thank our founding fathers for the Constitution.

You're not thinking clearly.Not when determining the constitutionality of a codeh
    The bolded has nothing to do w/ intent. It's a non-sequitur answer.

Trump doesn't really care about the Constitution. If you haven't seen that yet, you will. But I'm not sure how you haven't seen that yet.

21. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2020.1 For This Awful Post:

22. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That is hilarious coming from someone who just said being hysterical is a good thing.

Definition of hysteria
    : a psychoneurosis marked by emotional excitability and disturbances of the psychogenic, sensory, vasomotor, and visceral (see visceral 4) functions
    : behavior exhibiting overwhelming or unmanageable fear or emotional excess <political hysteria> <The plague had caused mass hysteria in the village.>

Yeah, you really did say that is a good thing.
    Why do you always feel the need to lie, Yurt?

I said it was understandable and warranted. Not that it was necessarily a "good thing."

This is why I threadban you & generally ignore you (and will again now). You aren't an honest poster.

23. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2020.1 For This Awful Post:

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Rune (02-11-2017)

25. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There IS hysteria, but if there was every warranted hysteria, this is it.

This is a scary time for America. I just want us to get through it, personally.
    The post above fits the criteria below 100%

Definition of hysteria

My goodness man, you just admitted you have psychosis.

Saved

26. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why do you always feel the need to lie, Yurt?

I said it was understandable and warranted. Not that it was necessarily a "good thing."

This is why I threadban you & generally ignore you (and will again now). You aren't an honest poster.
    I see, so warranted doesn't mean it is good? Really? And you call me dishonest.

Oh and then getting all excited with emotional excess, you're going to thread ban me and ignore me because you think warranted doesn't mean good.

You just proved what I said is 100% true. Go hide now crazy person.