Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scientists use mathematical calculations to PROVE the existence of God

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts

Default Scientists use mathematical calculations to PROVE the existence of God

"Scientists use mathematical calculations to PROVE the existence of God

SCIENTISTS have ‘confirmed’ the existence of God after proving a mathematician’s theory which suggests that there is a higher power.

By Sean Martin
    PUBLISHED: 03:00, Sun, Jan 22, 2017 | UPDATED: 09:03, Sun, Jan 22, 2017

Two computer scientists say they proved that there is a holy supreme force after confirming the equations.

In 1978, mathematician Kurt Gödel died and left behind a long and complex theory based on modal logic.

Dr Gödel’s model uses mathematical equations that are extremely complicated, but the essence is that no greater power than God can be conceived, and if he or she is believed as a concept then he or she can exist in reality..."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scienc...god-kurt-godel

Interesting...

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Evince will be required to accept that there is a God now.
    Praise God for that!
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

all equations which exclude God [The Lord Jesus Christ] are failed and false equations. all so called "science" which excludes truths revealed in the final compilation of scripture are not science and will never get past the theory stage. http://biblehub.com/kjv/job/38.htm
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. I've seen a lot...and I mean a lot of dumb posts before but this has to be...by far and away...the most profoundly scientifically ignorant post on JPP I've ever read.

Anyone who gives the OP any scientific credibility what so ever is simply ignorant of science and the scientific method.

Now that mean seem a bit harsh so I will clarify this. Once whatever you are studying involves a supernatural causation you have stopped studying or practicing science. Science only deals with natural causation and only natural causation. It is mutually exclusive from any religious or philosophical beliefs that are not limited specifically to natural causation or imply supernatural causation.

So though I am in no way impugning anyone's religious belief I am definitely impugning anyone's belief that this OP is in anyway, shape or form even remotely related to science. In short, from a scientific standpoint, the OP is a joke.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

domer76 (01-23-2017), Phantasmal (01-28-2017), stoned (02-06-2017)

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. I've seen a lot...and I mean a lot of dumb posts before but this has to be...by far and away...the most profoundly scientifically ignorant post on JPP I've ever read.
    Hmmmm.... So I guess yer mathematics skills are sufficient to find the flaws in what mathematician Kurt Gödel's logic model "SUGGESTS" yer sayin'?

OR: are we jus' gettin' the standard sanctimonious look down yer long snarky nose Liberal/Progressive/Marxist/Statist/Fascist 'I'm soooooo smart' dismissal of intelligent design anti-religious bigotry?

Admittedly the Sean Martin's choice of 'prove' in the headline seems to be a bit of an overstatement, since the model appears to be a logic model.

That said: many headlines are designed to get attention and it grabbed mine,
    (of course yer sooooooo much smarter then I am). burp...

Anyone who gives the OP any scientific credibility what so ever is simply ignorant of science and the scientific method.
    Hmmmmm... "simply ignorant of science and the scientific method" eh?

Are you aware of the fact that most scientific theories in physics are mathematically based?

I guess you aren't impressed with the 'big bang' theory and the critical theory of the initial 'expansion' of post big bang space then too? (BTW the rate of expansion had to be extremely precise to allow the formation of protons/neutrons/electrons and other more exotic particles explained by quantum physics for mommy hydrogen to form), or the universe would have continued expanding and never had the matter, (stars/galaxies) we see today. If it was slightly too slow (fifty plus digits of super precision) the mass/energy could not have escaped gravity and fallen back to the pre big bang singularity.

BTW, both relativity and quantum mechanics break down, (mathematically: the equations go to infinity), at the point of singularity, hence the need for the separate butt: very necessary theory of 'expansion'.

Kurt Gödel's mathematical logic model, (which is admittedly over my one functional brain cell n' was so complex that computers were required to crunch the numbers), seems to validate the intuitive conclusion that some have reached that the level precision of the expansion, as well as the break down of theories at the point of singularity points to intelligent design.

Now that mean seem a bit harsh so I will clarify this. Once whatever you are studying involves a supernatural causation you have stopped studying or practicing science. Science only deals with natural causation and only natural causation. It is mutually exclusive from any religious or philosophical beliefs that are not limited specifically to natural causation or imply supernatural causation.
    Nope that is yer anti-religious bigotry. Kurt Gödel's mathematical logic model doesn't state the nature of the intelligent designer, his equations merely show that outside design is "suggested".

So though I am in no way impugning anyone's religious belief I am definitely impugning anyone's belief that this OP is in anyway, shape or form even remotely related to science. In short, from a scientific standpoint, the OP is a joke.

I think yer a bit of a joke: hoople.

You may have some credibility if ya pointed out the flaws Kurt Gödel's mathematical logic model, butt: I bet that is over yer pay grade.

Faith in Jesus Christ, (as I have), doesn't require any outside validation, butt: that doesn't mean that people like Kurt Gödel won't try, (it also doesn't mean Kurt Gödel's mathematical logic model isn't science).
    Last edited by OldMercsRule; 01-23-2017 at 05:32 PM.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,619 Times in 21,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Depends on how you define God, but I have proof, just look around at the beauty we live in.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Once whatever you are studying involves a supernatural causation you have stopped studying or practicing science. Science only deals with natural causation and only natural causation. It is mutually exclusive from any religious or philosophical beliefs that are not limited specifically to natural causation or imply supernatural causation.
    This is not logical.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I always KNEW that four proved God......

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Once whatever you are studying involves a supernatural causation you have stopped studying or practicing science. Science only deals with natural causation and only natural causation.
    just out of curiosity, what do you consider supernatural causation? out of body experiences? people seeing ghosts? talking to god? the devil? angels? if science is only natural causation, there must be some very bright and defined line where it stops, right?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

when do you conclude that further scientific study will not reveal natural causation?.......before or after you stop bleeding your patients with leeches......before or after you discover a polio vaccine.......before or after you discover an isotope?......

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OldMercsRule View Post
    "Scientists use mathematical calculations to PROVE the existence of God

SCIENTISTS have ‘confirmed’ the existence of God after proving a mathematician’s theory which suggests that there is a higher power.

By Sean Martin
    PUBLISHED: 03:00, Sun, Jan 22, 2017 | UPDATED: 09:03, Sun, Jan 22, 2017

Two computer scientists say they proved that there is a holy supreme force after confirming the equations.

In 1978, mathematician Kurt Gödel died and left behind a long and complex theory based on modal logic.

Dr Gödel’s model uses mathematical equations that are extremely complicated, but the essence is that no greater power than God can be conceived, and if he or she is believed as a concept then he or she can exist in reality..."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scienc...god-kurt-godel

Interesting...
    Why? Faith is Platonic, one doesn't need mathematical calculations to verify faith

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Depends on how you define God, but I have proof, just look around at the beauty we live in.
    I'm not talking about God. I'm talking about science.

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    This is not logical.
    Who ever claimed science was logical? It's quite often counterintuitive. Take Skidmark for example. Logic dictates he should have been dead a long time ago...but here he is.

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Why? Faith is Platonic, one doesn't need mathematical calculations to verify faith
    Exactly! Faith has as much use for empirical observation as science does in knowledge from authority. Non overlapping magisterium.

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    just out of curiosity, what do you consider supernatural causation? out of body experiences? people seeing ghosts? talking to god? the devil? angels? if science is only natural causation, there must be some very bright and defined line where it stops, right?
    i define supernatural causation as outside or other than natural causes.

Can't answer you're second question as it's not empirically testable. In other words I don't know.