Thread: First day in office and the Trump team gets caught lying,

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Default First day in office and the Trump team gets caught lying,

and then, to make matters worse, they send out make up lady to come up with a lame cover

"Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway says White House press secretary presented ‘alternative facts"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...=.5055eaa0181b

"Alternate facts," beautiful, alternate reality would be more appropriate

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

blackascoal (01-22-2017), christiefan915 (01-22-2017), signalmankenneth (01-22-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Hey - according to righties, we need to "take a vacation." We're supposed to just chill & let this stuff go, because it doesn't matter that the new admin lies about everything.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,619 Times in 21,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

He was not lying, he was presenting "alternate facts"!

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Hey - according to righties, we need to "take a vacation." We're supposed to just chill & let this stuff go, because it doesn't matter that the new admin lies about everything.
    As always you are free to tell to say GFY but here's my take. I'm obviously a Republican who didn't vote for Trump nor do you see me on here backing all his actions. Like anything though when someone is 100% against someone else no matter what they do you start to tune them out. There are some people on this board like Desh and Trump Forever that you tend to tune out anyway. But there are other more intelligent people, such as yourself, that you read and respond to but even after awhile when it's the same thing over and over you start to tune it out as well.

Obviously the President is going to get the most attention when discussing politics but there is all kinds of things going on politically that don't revolve around the President

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (01-22-2017)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    As always you are free to tell to say GFY but here's my take. I'm obviously a Republican who didn't vote for Trump nor do you see me on here backing all his actions. Like anything though when someone is 100% against someone else no matter what they do you start to tune them out. There are some people on this board like Desh and Trump Forever that you tend to tune out anyway. But there are other more intelligent people, such as yourself, that you read and respond to but even after awhile when it's the same thing over and over you start to tune it out as well.

Obviously the President is going to get the most attention when discussing politics but there is all kinds of things going on politically that don't revolve around the President
    He's an obviously blatant liar.

Regardless of who anyone did or did not vote for, shouldn't that be discussed politically?
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    He's an obviously blatant liar.

Regardless of who anyone did or did not vote for, shouldn't that be discussed politically?
    I'll use a sports analogy. Now we all know Skip Bayless is the ultimate troll but I'll use Skip Bayless and LeBron James. Bayless criticizes James for everything he does. Clearly when James flops like a b*tch on the court he deserves criticism etc. But it doesn't matter what James does Bayless is going to criticize him. As a result you start to tune him out after awhile.

That's what I'm saying here. Intelligent people who can speak on a higher level start to get tuned out when they spend all their time in the weeds.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 62 Times in 61 Posts

They all lie, Bill Clinton Lied, Hillary Lied, Obama Lied and now they are getting worked up about Trump, hypocrites
    Hypocrisy =
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Trump is still blaming Obama for everything.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

I'll use a sports analogy. Now we all know Skip Bayless is the ultimate troll but I'll use Skip Bayless and LeBron James. Bayless criticizes James for everything he does. Clearly when James flops like a b*tch on the court he deserves criticism etc. But it doesn't matter what James does Bayless is going to criticize him. As a result you start to tune him out after awhile.

That's what I'm saying here. Intelligent people who can speak on a higher level start to get tuned out when they spend all their time in the weeds.
    That reminds me. I need to YouTube the first segment of Undisputed to air after the Cowgirls loss, so that I can bathe in Skip Bayless tears.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I agree that there is a tendency for everyone to go down to the lowest level rather than elevate to the top with anonymous social media. Hell you might as well tune everyone out. One bad apple can truly spoil the bunch. Says something bad about human nature other than IQ points.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcard View Post
    They all lie, Bill Clinton Lied, Hillary Lied, Obama Lied and now they are getting worked up about Trump, hypocrites
    This has to be the ultimate deflection, now "they all lie," for eight years we've heard daily from conservatives and their media how "Obama lies," but now the same crowd excuses it as "they all lie," beautiful

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Martinez View Post
    That reminds me. I need to YouTube the first segment of Undisputed to air after the Cowgirls loss, so that I can bathe in Skip Bayless tears.
    because everyone hated the pats he started defending us hardcore. It was awesome. He's the ultimate contrarian.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,766 Times in 33,631 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    This has to be the ultimate deflection, now "they all lie," for eight years we've heard daily from conservatives and their media how "Obama lies," but now the same crowd excuses it as "they all lie," beautiful
    I am so happy the Cowboys lost!

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 62 Times in 61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    just as you idiots blame bush for all of Obama's failures. Guess we can blame Obama for 8 years now. LMAO
    Hypocrisy =
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Trump is still blaming Obama for everything.