Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default PRESIDENT TRUMP

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    AND GOD BLESS PRESIDENT TRUMP

TIME TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Egads there were times during that speech it sounded like me on my buy American soapbox. But as I read and investigate the loss of work and the dying communities, I wonder if Trump realizes it is the bottom line that manages much of this, it is the destruction of unions too, and it is Americans who want cheap and refuse to pay and fight for fair wages for all. Even more complicated but that story is quite long.

You wanna understand why work left and workers have little power, check out these books

'Invisible Hands: The Businessmen's Crusade Against the New Deal' Kim Phillips-Fein
    "Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right" Jane Mayer
    'To Make Men Free: A History of the Republican Party' by Heather Cox Richardson
    'The Deep State: The Fall of the Constitution and the Rise of a Shadow Government' by Mike Lofgren

"There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand. Resolve, then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tiny blasts of tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us." Pogo
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Three days in - “Sean Spicer, our press secretary, gave alternative facts.”

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/23/so-h...awesome-right/
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Would someone please tell President [sic] Trump to stop lying, he is still saying millions of illegals voted for Hillary and his small inaugural crowd was really really really big. The man makes himself look like an insecure child. I'm glad to see the major media sources are telling like it is, fake news like Fox and Newsmax will always hide from the truth.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/u...democrats.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rman-ajit-pai/

Trump kills TPP, giving China its first big win: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...first-big-win/

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As Americans ponder the Trump presidency Democrats need to stay attached to representative democracy and not allow the failures of the republicans to become status quo. Republicans failed American democracy and have done so since money manages their very soul. An excellent piece below.

"But even that general conclusion is too fast. We will not actually know whether Trump’s election exhibits a failure of democracy until we see whether the institutions of court and congress function to prevent him from carrying out his anti-democratic impulses. We see a failure in our electorate, but institutions may yet save democracy. For example, if the Court rules against Trump’s proposed religious test for immigrants, and his proposal for a religious registry, and does not overturn (as he has proposed) the constitutional protection for flag-burning, or implement his proposal to punish women for having legal abortions, and resists his attempted removal of due process protections for immigrants, and resists the privatization of education as a violation of equal protection, then the damage Trump could do to democracy would be limited to some degree." http://www.thecritique.com/articles/...-of-democracy/

"Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right" Jane Mayer
    'Invisible Hands: The Businessmen's Crusade Against the New Deal' Kim Phillips-Fein

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If there is a God and he is paying attention to America and Trump's budget what would he think. Trump's budget does the opposite of Jesus's words in the Sermon on the Mount and unless God now loves the moneychangers more than the people all is lost. Only three months in office and Trump is a failure, God must wonder at his creation, a rich boy who never had a real job. Maybe it's time people imagined a better God and voted for a better president?

"Evangelical Christianity, as everyone knows, is founded upon hate, as the Christianity of Christ was founded upon love." H. L. Mencken

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    If there is a God and he is paying attention to America and Trump's budget what would he think. Trump's budget does the opposite of Jesus's words in the Sermon on the Mount and unless God now loves the moneychangers more than the people all is lost. Only three months in office and Trump is a failure, God must wonder at his creation, a rich boy who never had a real job. Maybe it's time people imagined a better God and voted for a better president?

"Evangelical Christianity, as everyone knows, is founded upon hate, as the Christianity of Christ was founded upon love." H. L. Mencken
    Yep, because God meant for people to be lazy and live off of the backs of those who work.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 23 Times in 23 Posts

My new bumper sticker.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cadillac Man For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-24-2017), midcan5 (05-25-2017)

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Funny you don't believe in Jesus but want to think you know what said

You are committing cultural and religious appropriation.

Find me a quote of Jesus saying "use government to steal from one and give to another"

I'll wait

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Funny you don't believe in Jesus but want to think you know what said

You are committing cultural and religious appropriation.

Find me a quote of Jesus saying "use government to steal from one and give to another"

I'll wait
    ILA, you obviously don't know the religion you claim to follow. Your comment is part of 'corporatism' the conservative religion of many Americans today. The corporate conservative complex has created the ideas that justify self interest and free market ideology that hurts so many Americans. Of course there is no quote you asked for, you should realize that is how you see the world. It is you, not God or the Bible's view that have this narrow view of faith hope and especially charity. Sad.

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ Matthew 25:44-45

“What should we do then?” the crowd asked. 11 John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” Luke 3:10-11

"Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done." Proverbs 19:17

"Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:38

"Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." Matthew 5:42

"not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others." Philippians 2:4

"The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor." Proverbs 22:9

"We live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups. I ask, in my writing, 'What is real?' Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms." Philip K. Dick

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

ILA, you obviously don't know the religion you claim to follow. Your comment is part of 'corporatism' the conservative religion of many Americans today. The corporate conservative complex has created the ideas that justify self interest and free market ideology that hurts so many Americans. Of course there is no quote you asked for, you should realize that is how you see the world. It is you, not God or the Bible's view that have this narrow view of faith hope and especially charity. Sad.

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ Matthew 25:44-45

“What should we do then?” the crowd asked. 11 John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” Luke 3:10-11

"Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done." Proverbs 19:17

"Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:38

"Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." Matthew 5:42

"not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others." Philippians 2:4

"The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor." Proverbs 22:9

"We live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups. I ask, in my writing, 'What is real?' Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms." Philip K. Dick
    I love when atheists quote the Bible. It gives me hope for their soul. Of course you are using those quotes as a cynical ploy to advance your big government statist ideology.

Let me be clear so that someone such as yourself can comprehend. I will even use all caps

I 100% BELIEVE IN ALL OF THOSE TENETS. I FULLY BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE SHOULD HELP THOSE LESS FORTUNATE THAN THEMSELVES.

However I just don't believe it is the place of the federal gobblement. I also believe in freedom which means I believe in your freedom to not want to help

You believe the government should solve everyone's ills. I do not. You believe that calling for more gobblement programming you absolve yourself of personally helping people.

Spare me your self righteousness

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Rather curious that Trump's cabinet feels they are blessed by working for Trump? Is he their god you wonder?

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Usf some of your posts were deleted. Dont spam the thread.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Cadillac Man (06-19-2017)

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SHITBALLS View Post
    Usf some of your posts were deleted. Dont spam the thread.
    - -

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Right now Trump is making history, the lowest rating since ratings were kept and over half a million spent on lawyers in three months. What a joke.

Trump's children are as dishonest as he is, fake tweets and all. Sad!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ess/102565070/