1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default You've been banned

States Subject to AB 1887’s Travel Prohibition
    The following states are currently subject to California’s ban on state-funded and state-sponsored travel:

Kansas
    Mississippi
    North Carolina
    Tennessee

PROHIBITION ON STATE-FUNDED AND STATE-SPONSORED TRAVEL TO STATES WITH DISCRIMINATORY LAWS (ASSEMBLY BILL NO. 1887)

In AB 1887, the California Legislature determined that "California must take action to avoid supporting or financing discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people." (Gov. Code, § 11139.8, subd. (a)(5).) To that end, AB 1887 prohibits a state agency, department, board, or commission from requiring any state employees, officers, or members to travel to a state that, after June 26, 2015, has enacted a law that (1) has the effect of voiding or repealing existing state or local protections against discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression; (2) authorizes or requires discrimination against same-sex couples or their families or on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression; or (3) creates an exemption to antidiscrimination laws in order to permit discrimination against same-sex couples or their families or on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. (Gov. Code, § 11139.8, subds. (b)(1), (2).) In addition, the law prohibits California from approving a request for state-funded or state-sponsored travel to such a state. (Gov. Code, § 11139.8, subd. (b)(2).)

The travel prohibition applies to state agencies, departments, boards, authorities, and commissions, including an agency, department, board, authority, or commission of the University of California, the Board of Regents of the University of California, and the California State University.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-19-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Ok

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Ok
    OK what?

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    OK what?
    you tell us, you posted the article

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    you tell us, you posted the article
    Are you that stupid? Use your brain. A state is severing economic ties with other bigoted states. It's a current event, newsworthy and evocative. You need my opinion? I'm for it. You need an observation? They are all slave states. Is it bait? Yes, but a unique subset of bait in that the story is true. A consequence? Well, in the immediate term the intelligent people of my awesome state university system, the envy of the entire world, will not be rubbing elbows with the backward Luddites and superstitious boneheads of these former slave states, thereby further diminishing an already bleak picture for those select philistine saturated backwaters.

Good enough? Do share.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

The slaves are picking strawberries in California, not cotton in Mississippi...
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NOVA For This Post:

Callinectes (01-19-2017), Stretch (01-19-2017)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Looks like the libs actually DO approve of a government dictating morality after all. Imagine that? All these many years the sjw's have been whining and screaming at Conservatives "You can't legislate morality!!!!!!!" Glad we now see even more evidence of their hypocrisy on this issue.

They can fight to legislate morality (or lack of)...........well WE can also fight to legislate morality.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you that stupid? Use your brain. A state is severing economic ties with other bigoted states. It's a current event, newsworthy and evocative. You need my opinion? I'm for it. You need an observation? They are all slave states. Is it bait? Yes, but a unique subset of bait in that the story is true. A consequence? Well, in the immediate term the intelligent people of my awesome state university system, the envy of the entire world, will not be rubbing elbows with the backward Luddites and superstitious boneheads of these former slave states, thereby further diminishing an already bleak picture for those select philistine saturated backwaters.

Good enough? Do share.
    you going to be on the streets protesting the most recent tuition hikes?

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

A state is severing economic ties with other bigoted states
    why should we care what the idiots in California do.......the majority of states didn't even vote for the same president California did.......

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good enough? Do share.
    "A state is severing economic ties with other bigoted states." At least you got something right there.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Good enough? Do share.
    What it is is a state that whines because they don't like the results of something. You know the self proclaimed tolerant Liberals that claim to do something they only do when it suit them.

Don't come to my part of the country state workers of California. We have enough low life we're trying to convince to move elsewhere.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 62 Times in 61 Posts

How do we get on the list? It would be nice to avoid all those idiots if possible
    Hypocrisy =
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Trump is still blaming Obama for everything.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ass Man For This Post:

Cancel 2018.1 (01-19-2017)

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Good enough? Do share.
    When was Kansas a slave state?

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    When was Kansas a slave state?
    Never but it sounds good to those trying to portray a lost cause.

Kansas, in a way, had it's own civil war. It was the abolitionists from the NE area vs. the pro slavery people from Missouri. In the end, Kansas was admitted as a FREE state.

To be fair, in the census of 1860, 2 slaves were identified as living in Kansas. Since there were 2 slaveholders, that would mean 1 each.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Are you that stupid? Use your brain. A state is severing economic ties with other bigoted states. .
    I think they should go further: Sever ties with any state whose electoral votes went to Trump.
    Believe me those states would be happy about it. Everywhere I've lived in the West, which is New Mexico, Kansas, Idaho and Alaska, people have complained about 'those Californians'. Different culture, different mentality, different morals, just plain different. As if they're from a different continent.
    Last edited by Cancel 2018.1; 01-19-2017 at 04:11 PM.

19. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2018.1 For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (01-19-2017)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

Ass Man (01-19-2017)