Thread: Millennials and....

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Default Millennials and....

Early I posted my take on the emasculated American, the American too lazy to realize life can be tough and there are no saviors. Growing up dirt poor, but with working class values of the past, I am fascinated by the privileged in our society. Our newly elected president is an example, a spoiled self centered narcissist. One poster on jpp still has a quote of mine concerning service to the nation they live in and enjoy. This person considered military service slavery of some sort. Since we have made it up the food chain, I now meet the haves, the youth who have had everything in life and do not in any real sense have a grasp of the reality of the working poor, of minorities, or of the bias and bigotry of our society. While this youtube concerns millennials many of the teachers I know have been saying this about their students for years now. It applies to many Americans today.

"Something is profoundly wrong with the way we live today. For thirty years we have made a virtue out of the pursuit of material self-interest: indeed, this very pursuit now constitutes whatever remains of our sense of collective purpose. We know what things cost but have no idea what they are worth. We no longer ask of a judicial ruling or a legislative act: is it good? Is it fair? Is it just? Is it right? Will it help bring about a better society or a better world? Those used to be the political questions, even if they invited no easy answers. We must learn once again to pose them." Tony Judt 'Ill Fares the Land'

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sho...lated-American

"President Eisenhower describes his administration's political philosophy as 'dynamic conservatism,' then as 'progressive, dynamic conservatism,' then as 'progressive moderation,' then as 'moderate progressivism,' and then as 'positive progressivism.'" William Manchester quote from 'The Power and the Glory'
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

See also the emasculated American and the conservatives 18 to 24 still living with mom.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire