Thread: The perfect car?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hd79 View Post
    Hellcat. Don't think an awd version will ever see the light of day, but then that thing has so much weight already, not sure I'd want to anyway.
    Two more wheels to get 707 to the ground though...

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    Two more wheels to get 707 to the ground though...
    Yeah, but with that much torque, the transfer case would have to be humongous. It'd probably have to be the size of an Allison or larger and like I said, the thing has too much weight as it is now. Who knows, maybe someday.............

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 62 Times in 61 Posts

I got to feel the torque today, decided to drive Daisy (it has been a few weeks). Cruised town with the cut outs open, then closed. Pull up to a lite and a late 60's Nova pulls up in the right lane beside me. He starts revving the engine, smiling. I go to street race mode, winding my motor to 3800 waiting on the light to change, we leave b the slaame time, I lay two pretty black tracks (damn) so he has a jump but I notice he is afraid to wind and shift, so I wind to 5800, shift light comes on, I slam to 2nd, hearing the tires barks and a little smoke to the atmosphere, pulling even for a slight moment before starting to pull away, then out of nowhere I hear a siren, Damn he was at O'Reillys. Me and Nova split up, they must have been looking for him because the follow him. I close the cut outs and lope home putting it in the garage and smile all the way to the house.
    Hypocrisy =
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Trump is still blaming Obama for everything.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    I think the Ford Focus RS has the Challenger GT beat. It's 2.3L, turbocharged engine cranks out 350 hp, it also has torque vectored awd and a limited slip differential and weighs about 400# less than the Challenger. It has multiple chassis settings which makes it's more versatile for cruising, hammering the back roads, or hitting the track. It also has launch control and drift mode, making it more fun to drive too.

The RS also has significantly superior handling than the Challenger GT and being a hatchback is a bit more practical. The RS does cost around 2 to 3 grand more. Then again, so does the 2017 Camaro LS and the Mustang GT both 6 cylinder variants have more power and better handling than the Challenger GT does.

In terms of value and performance at the $35,000 to $40,000 price range I don't think there's a better value for a sports car for the average person than the three major sport hatchbacks. The VW Golf R, The Ford Focus RS and the Honda Civic type R.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I think the Ford Focus RS has the Challenger GT beat. It's 2.3L, turbocharged engine cranks out 350 hp, it also has torque vectored awd and a limited slip differential and weighs about 400# less than the Challenger. It has multiple chassis settings which makes it's more versatile for cruising, hammering the back roads, or hitting the track. It also has launch control and drift mode, making it more fun to drive too.

The RS also has significantly superior handling than the Challenger GT and being a hatchback is a bit more practical. The RS does cost around 2 to 3 grand more. Then again, so does the 2017 Camaro LS and the Mustang GT both 6 cylinder variants have more power and better handling than the Challenger GT does.

In terms of value and performance at the $35,000 to $40,000 price range I don't think there's a better value for a sports car for the average person than the three major sport hatchbacks. The VW Golf R, The Ford Focus RS and the Honda Civic type R.
    Yeah, but the Challenger looks cooler.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

Ass Man (01-01-2017), MAGA MAN (01-01-2017)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Yeah, but the Challenger looks cooler.
    Meh that's a matter of taste. Even if you are a muscle car fan you can get the 8 cylinder Camaro SS for only$1,500 more and a Mustang GT base for about the same price and the 2017 Mustang GT finally has an independent rear end and a limited slip differential and that it's handling is drastically improved. I think you can get a Mustang premium with a V6 comparable to the Charger for around $5,000 less. It's not awd though.

Did you hear about the Camaro ZL1 beating the Corvette Z06 time at the Nurburgring? It also cost $25,000 less than the Z06. That's an amazing chassis that Chevy has developed. They use the LS1 or LS2 chassis and drive train in the Cadillac ATS. Now that's a nice car.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Lightbringer (01-01-2017)

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Fatal flaw on all three of those: FWD platform. $$$ for repairs and maintenance. That makes them, basically, "disposable" cars.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Ass Man (01-01-2017)

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Meh that's a matter of taste. Even if you are a muscle car fan you can get the 8 cylinder Camaro SS for only$1,500 more and a Mustang GT base for about the same price and the 2017 Mustang GT finally has an independent rear end and a limited slip differential and that it's handling is drastically improved. I think you can get a Mustang premium with a V6 comparable to the Charger for around $5,000 less. It's not awd though.

Did you hear about the Camaro ZL1 beating the Corvette Z06 time at the Nurburgring? It also cost $25,000 less than the Z06. That's an amazing chassis that Chevy has developed. They use the LS1 or LS2 chassis and drive train in the Cadillac ATS. Now that's a nice car.
    None of these is AWD. In your defense, I never stated in the OP that this was an all-important criteria.

This car would be my wife's daily driver, to replace her '11 BMW 328xi. Her criteria: AWD, heated leather seats, heated steering wheel, sporty looks and handling, easy to park, nice looking interior.

To me this is perfect because it would also double as a road trip car, saving mileage on my '12 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. We need luggage room, and a fold-down seat for the occasional overlength gear. The BMW is just too small, and the expensive maintenance keeps her from wanting to take it on long trips.
    Last edited by MAGA MAN; 01-01-2017 at 08:16 PM.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Camaros and corvettes rattle straight out of the factory, I would be pissed to pay that much money for poorly fitted parts. 707 hp challenger for me
    Hypocrisy =

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ass Man For This Post:

MAGA MAN (01-01-2017)

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by doctordog View Post
    Camaros and corvettes rattle straight out of the factory, I would be pissed to pay that much money for poorly fitted parts. 707 hp challenger for me
    I prefer cars that can turn without losing 3lbs of brake dust. On a road track a Cayman would dust a Hellcat even though it has half the HP. So would a Corvette Stingray with 405 HP...wouldn't even be close. First turn and the Hellcat would be history. Granted a Hellcat is a great dragster but so what? Drag racing is pretty boring.

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I prefer cars that can turn without losing 3lbs of brake dust. On a road track a Cayman would dust a Hellcat even though it has half the HP. So would a Corvette Stingray with 405 HP...wouldn't even be close. First turn and the Hellcat would be history. Granted a Hellcat is a great dragster but so what? Drag racing is pretty boring.
    Drag racing separates the men from the boys, I hate road racing. I hate foreign cars period.
    Hypocrisy =

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Drag racing separates the men from the boys, I hate road racing. I hate foreign cars period.
    Road racing requires skill.

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Corvettes do not rattle right out of the factory. I won't even attempt to defend Camaros.

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Road racing requires skill.
    Drag racing requires balls
    Hypocrisy =

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Drag racing requires balls
    Balls or just lack of brains?