Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kissinger calls Trump a 'phenomenon that foreign countries haven't seen'

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts

Default Kissinger calls Trump a 'phenomenon that foreign countries haven't seen'

"Kissinger calls Trump a 'phenomenon that foreign countries haven't seen'

by Rebecca Savransky 12/19/2016

Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger said in an interview Sunday that President-elect Donald Trump could go down in history as a "very considerable president."

"Donald Trump is a phenomenon that foreign countries haven't seen," Kissinger said on CBS's "Face The Nation."
    "So it is a shocking experience to them that he came in to office. At the same time, extraordinary opportunity."
    Kissinger said every country now has to consider two things.

"One, their perception that the previous president, or the outgoing president, basically withdrew America from international politics, so that they had to make their own assessments of their necessities," he said.

"And secondly, that here is a new president who's asking a lot of unfamiliar questions. And because of the combination of the partial vacuum and the new questions, one could imagine that something remarkable and new emerges out of it."

When asked if he has a sense about the president-elect's emerging foreign policy vision, Kissinger said he and the billionaire appear to operate differently, but offered some praise for the issues Trump has raised.

"I think he operates by a kind of instinct that is a different form of analysis as my more academic one," Kissinger said.

"But he's raised a number of issues that I think are important, very important. And if they're addressed properly, could lead to good - great results.""

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...id=mailsignout

A upbeat assessment, (from someone with a considered perception), those who suffer extreme TARD should ponder...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMercsRule For This Post:

Ass Man (12-19-2016)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Don't expect the TARD's to ponder anything of substance.

Kissinger's had some great insights over his long career, and I don't recall when he's been wrong.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

OldMercsRule (12-19-2016)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,000 Times in 8,027 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Kissinger has no more ability to predict the future as anyone else, but when it comes to a loose cannon like Trump, a crystal ball would be useless. The clown changes positions within the space of five minutes, so how can anyone have an inkling of what his actions over the next four years might be?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

christiefan915 (12-19-2016), evince (12-20-2016), Phantasmal (12-19-2016)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

DNC Talking points:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Kissinger has no more ability to predict the future as anyone else, but when it comes to a loose cannon like Trump, a crystal ball would be useless. The clown changes positions within the space of five minutes, so how can anyone have an inkling of what his actions over the next four years might be?

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    DNC Talking points:
    You should've paid attention to all the contradictory things Trump said publicly during the campaign.

If you had, you'd know that what I said is true and you wouldn't have made such a ridiculous comment yourself.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

evince (12-20-2016), Phantasmal (12-19-2016)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You should've paid attention to all the contradictory things Trump said publicly during the campaign.

If you had, you'd know that what I said is true and you wouldn't have made such a ridiculous comment yourself.
    The Dumpster was a New York dim wit Democrat up until 2 years ago.

Most of his upside down crap occurred when he was a dim wit.

We all understand that dim wit Democrats, (like you), are upside down, n' now most of 'em are deeply affected by serious TARD.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by OldMercsRule View Post
    The Dumpster was a New York dim wit Democrat up until 2 years ago.

Most of his upside down crap occurred when he was a dim wit.

We all understand that dim wit Democrats, (like you), are upside down, n' now most of 'em are deeply affected by serious TARD.
    If you had cleaned the dried, hardened crap out of your ears, or just paid attention to what he was saying DURING THE CAMPAIGN instead of NASCAR or Duck Dynasty or whatever else you probably occupy your every waking hour with, you also wouldn't make such ridiculous comments.

President-Elect Donald Trump took 141 distinct stances on 23 major issues during his bid for the White House.

Trump has not only changed his position on something during the space of a few minutes, in one televised interview I saw, he took two opposing positions on one issue at the SAME TIME!!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

christiefan915 (12-19-2016), evince (12-20-2016), Phantasmal (12-19-2016)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you had cleaned the dried, hardened crap out of your ears, or just paid attention to what he was saying DURING THE CAMPAIGN instead of NASCAR or Duck Dynasty or whatever else you probably occupy your every waking hour with, you also wouldn't make such ridiculous comments.

President-Elect Donald Trump took 141 distinct stances on 23 major issues during his bid for the White House.

Trump has not only changed his position on something during the space of a few minutes, in one televised interview I saw, he took two opposing positions on one issue at the SAME TIME!!!
    I didn't support the Dumpster, butt: once he became the only alternative to yer crooked Queen I did vote fer him.

If you take the time to read "The Art of the Deal" you might began to understand him.

He is a loud mouth braggart/bully who says what he wants to say when he wants to say it, (and he doesn't care if it makes sense or not).

I acknowledge that Dumpster is a very unique politician, and his presidency has unique risks and opportunities.

I have always preferred to focus on positives when something new and unpredictable happens, (then again I've never had anything like the TARD problem you clearly have).

There will be plenty of time to deal with negatives if and when they happen.

I enjoy the fact that he single handedly has made the media establishment in the country, (and most dim wit Democrats), look like 100% TARD infested fools.

Furthermore: I like how the Dumpster has been since 11/8/2016, (and most of his Admin picks), and I think Kissinger has a very good point.

Readin' the Art of the Deal might help ya calm down a wee bit with yer extra bad case of TARD... Just sayin'...

Carry on... burp...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMercsRule For This Post:

Midas Whale67 (12-19-2016)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Kissinger's observation is so vague it is meaningless.

"Things could be interesting or good"

Gee, thanks for that insight. Go back to your foundation, old man.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

evince (12-20-2016), Rune (12-30-2016)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    Don't expect the TARD's to ponder anything of substance.

Kissinger's had some great insights over his long career, and I don't recall when he's been wrong.
    Kissinger was wrong a lot.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

evince (12-20-2016), Rune (12-30-2016)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

More DNC talking points:

No original thoughts of your own?

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

They all paid attention. It's inconvenient and sometimes often impossible to try and justify trump's comments so they fall back on memes.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

21. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

evince (12-20-2016)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

I hear sniper fire is a real bitch. Guess who I heard that from.

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

And HE WON. What's your point. What was Hillary's position? I am women hear me roar....you owe me....crown me. As I have said in the past. Homer Simpson ( a fictional character) could have run on the Republican ticket and beat Hillary. The working men and women of this nation are pissed and ready for change. Trump did not win....Hillary lost bigtime and the democrat party will be hapless for decades to come. Why in the hell did they run her thinking they could keep all the crap and baggage concerning the Clinton machine hidden?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Cancel 2018.1 (12-19-2016)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldMercsRule View Post
    I didn't support the Dumpster, butt: once he became the only alternative to yer crooked Queen I did vote fer him.

If you take the time to read "The Art of the Deal" you might began to understand him.

He is a loud mouth braggart/bully who says what he wants to say when he wants to say it, (and he doesn't care if it makes sense or not).

I acknowledge that Dumpster is a very unique politician, and his presidency has unique risks and opportunities.

I have always preferred to focus on positives when something new and unpredictable happens, (then again I've never had anything like the TARD problem you clearly have).

There will be plenty of time to deal with negatives if and when they happen.

I enjoy the fact that he single handedly has made the media establishment in the country, (and most dim wit Democrats), look like 100% TARD infested fools.

Furthermore: I like how the Dumpster has been since 11/8/2016, (and most of his Admin picks), and I think Kissinger has a very good point.

Readin' the Art of the Deal might help ya calm down a wee bit with yer extra bad case of TARD... Just sayin'...

Carry on... burp...
    Hysterical!