Thread: 'Should You Procreate'

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    I need to be nicer in APP eh? That said and since we are in APP, I'm going to need some clarification of your questions, last question first, I need you to define 'white' so I can answer that. See if I fit your requirement or definition. And please reply in a serious manner.

Second, both 'brown' and 'gain' pose further questions, how does color enter into immigration? Do you mean race? Please explain. And why would democrats 'gain' from your statement? I've never heard a single democrat claim 'illegal immigration' is a 'gain'? Explain your context, meaning, source, and maybe then I'll understand your statement. Thanks.

After you clarify my questions above, please provide a source for this new question? Again this is not something I am aware of. Source please. Thanks
    So basically you just want to see which way the wind blows, so you can act like a windsock.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    So basically you just want to see which way the wind blows, so you can act like a windsock.
    Huh? Maybe you can answer my questions? I admit they are difficult as they touch on something fundamental, let's see what you got.

"The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words." Philip K. Dick
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

I need to be nicer in APP eh?
    Sure. Isn't that why you came here? To shed the nastiness and get to the meat of the subject? Now if you really feel the need to slither out of the façade and be a true democrat, I'd be more than happy to take this discussion to another part of JPP.

That said and since we are in APP, I'm going to need some clarification of your questions, last question first, I need you to define 'white' so I can answer that. See if I fit your requirement or definition. And please reply in a serious manner. Second, both 'brown' and 'gain' pose further questions, how does color enter into immigration? Do you mean race? Please explain.
    OK, my name is John Smith. My face is white. My hair is light brown and I have blue eyes. I'm a natural born citizen of the United States. The other guy's name is Jose Gallegos. His face is brown. His hair is black and he has brown eyes. He was born in the US, but his parents entered the country illegally from Central or South America. There are more & more faces like Jose's running around and less and less faces like mine. Since those brown faces tend to vote democrat more than they do republican, why haven't they gotten the message? Why are they reproducing at such an alarming rate?

And why would democrats 'gain' from your statement? I've never heard a single democrat claim 'illegal immigration' is a 'gain'? Explain your context, meaning, source, and maybe then I'll understand your statement. Thanks.
    I'm not sure I've ever heard a democrat claim that illegal immigration is a gain, either. I have, however, seen lots and lots of democrats jump Conservatives for condemning illegal immigration, and that's the point. Why do you people do it?

After you clarify my questions above, please provide a source for this new question? Again this is not something I am aware of. Source please. Thanks
    Hey, sure thing:

Let's start with the title of this thread: "Should you procreate".

What were you thinking when you started this thread?

Now go ahead and chew on these links for a bit, and then we'll talk more.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alon-t...b_3990646.html

http://www.conserve-energy-future.co...population.php

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2016/03...a-taboo-topic/

https://www.sixpak.org/vince/overpopulation.html

http://sundial.csun.edu/2011/11/the-...k-to-solve-it/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0418075752.htm

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/overp...-problems.html
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Granule View Post
    ...What were you thinking when you started this thread?

Now go ahead and chew on these links for a bit, and then we'll talk more....
    LOL Why do you right wingers find it necessary to itemize? I've read lawyers do that to create confusion in complex cases.

We are totally off topic but that said I started this thread because the ideas put forth in 'True Detective' are fascinating questions. I have known couples who choose not to have children, they do so for a number of reasons. Some because raising kids is work and a few others for reason closer to Rustin Cohle's position. You and others read into the thread your own meaning, that is the unconscious at work. There was not an iota of nastiness implied, somehow the right wing found that and I strayed into their world. lol

John Smith you are a racist and bigot I mean that in the nicest way. Lots of groups have as a part of their religion or ethnicity the desire to have children. As a Catholic our mom had lots and lots of Hispanics are Catholic. Propagation of the faith is an article of faith among many orthodox groups. See how easy it is to understand culture.

If you've never heard a democrat say something then why say it? You and I love among others miss the point, you are conditioned by propaganda to see this topic as us versus them. Many religious now offer their churches as homes to illegal immigrants, I'm sure they are not all democrats. What they are people who follow and live their faith, faith is missing among many Americans today. In its place is an odd partisanship that is conditioned and lacks compassion and empathy for the blight of immigrants.

Could you just say what the links mean for you? That would be easier as I don't see the world as you do.

And to get back on topic: http://www.thecritique.com/articles/...anti-natalism/
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

LOL Why do you right wingers find it necessary to itemize? I've read lawyers do that to create confusion in complex cases.
    That's stupid. Breaking this stuff down is the only way to keep a liberal's thoughts in order.

We are totally off topic but that said I started this thread because the ideas put forth in 'True Detective' are fascinating questions. I have known couples who choose not to have children, they do so for a number of reasons. Some because raising kids is work and a few others for reason closer to Rustin Cohle's position. You and others read into the thread your own meaning, that is the unconscious at work. There was not an iota of nastiness implied, somehow the right wing found that and I strayed into their world. lol
    A liberal and a progressive asking whether we should procreate? lol. Are you trying to tell me that population control wasn't on your mind when you started this thread?

John Smith you are a racist and bigot I mean that in the nicest way.
    No you don't, lol. You mean that in the finger pointing race hustler sort of way. But that's OK. We're convinced that your side promotes illegal immigration so that you can snatch them up and groom them to vote democrat.

Lots of groups have as a part of their religion or ethnicity the desire to have children. As a Catholic our mom had lots and lots of Hispanics are Catholic. Propagation of the faith is an article of faith among many orthodox groups. See how easy it is to understand culture.
    Culture over political objective. Are you sure you guys are cool with that?

If you've never heard a democrat say something then why say it?
    Population control is at the very core of the democrat party belief system. I've heard democrats talk about this stuff ever since my grandparents. How in the world could you even say something like this?

You and I love among others miss the point, you are conditioned by propaganda to see this topic as us versus them.
    Is this a plea for nations without borders?

Many religious now offer their churches as homes to illegal immigrants, I'm sure they are not all democrats.
    There might be a few, but the vast majority probably are democrat.

What they are people who follow and live their faith, faith is missing among many Americans today. In its place is an odd partisanship that is conditioned and lacks compassion and empathy for the blight of immigrants.
    Why do leftists automatically think that true Christianity means breaking the laws of the land?

Could you just say what the links mean for you? That would be easier as I don't see the world as you do.
    These are links to leftists who believe in population control. Isn't that what you were asking for? Sources?

Again, don't you see how suspicious it looks for a liberal to talk about whether we should procreate, and say he doesn't have population control on his mind?
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Huh? Maybe you can answer my questions? I admit they are difficult as they touch on something fundamental, let's see what you got.

"The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words." Philip K. Dick
    So you admit that you're just a windsock and are trying to control the discussion, by manipulating the words.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

John Smith you are a racist and bigot I mean that in the nicest way. Lots of groups have as a part of their religion or ethnicity the desire to have children. As a Catholic our mom had lots and lots of Hispanics are Catholic. Propagation of the faith is an article of faith among many orthodox groups. See how easy it is to understand culture.

If you've never heard a democrat say something then why say it? You and I love among others miss the point, you are conditioned by propaganda to see this topic as us versus them. Many religious now offer their churches as homes to illegal immigrants, I'm sure they are not all democrats. What they are people who follow and live their faith, faith is missing among many Americans today. In its place is an odd partisanship that is conditioned and lacks compassion and empathy for the blight of immigrants.

And to get back on topic: http://www.thecritique.com/articles/...anti-natalism/
    Please explain how what he has said, makes him a racist.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

@midcan5: Do you think it's responsible to procreate when
    1. You can't afford even a decent life for yourself
    2. You have so many mental and/or personal hangups such as addiction, personality disorder(s) or the inability to hold a job - that haven't been addressed that you can't possibly know how to raise a child to be responsible in society?

Be honest.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    @midcan5: Do you think it's responsible to procreate when
    1. You can't afford even a decent life for yourself
    2. You have so many mental and/or personal hangups such as addiction, personality disorder(s) or the inability to hold a job - that haven't been addressed that you can't possibly know how to raise a child to be responsible in society?

Be honest.
    I have a relative who has had 8 children and doesn't have custody of any of them.
    One of your daughters actually ended up adopting the 4 youngest.
    This person has refused all offers of help with her "problem" and has pretty much burned bridges with a lot of the family.
    The Courts have told us that there's nothing that can be done, to stop her from having children; because it's HER RIGHT.
    What about the rights of the children who end up in the middle of this?

This is what it looks like when someone steps forward to help and it's what a lot of people don't or refuse to understand.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Be honest.
    Granule, bravo, well done, you acknowledged you are assuming at lot, that's a great first step. But again you need to move out of your world, your assumption that democrats have population control as a core belief is something I've never heard? Doesn't that contradict your more racist (?) assumption about browns and democratic gains. Religions became republican when abortion became a wedge issue, they still are and recent laws have allowed them even to discriminate - but those bad judges have a say too.

Population control is a complex issue though and the concern over it seems to fluctuate with the times. Malthus was wrong although England is small compared with the world. When I grew up families had lots of kids as mom stayed at home and raised them. That has changed in America. In other countries it appears to we spoiled Americans as too many people in too crowded places. As societies advance second and third generations change and giving birth loses some appeal. I admit I have no good answer here.

"Again, don't you see how suspicious it looks for a liberal to talk about whether we should procreate, and say he doesn't have population control on his mind?""

No, I don't, not at all. Interesting though as it was so far from my mind.

------------------

"Be honest."

Aloysious, I am always honest unless having fun. No, I don't think it responsible, but I can't judge them as I don't know what motivated them or the whys. Thankfully Aloysious I don't have those problems but I agree. When I starting out in corporate America I was asked to manage a large group of vocational workers. I shouldn't say this but I told them there was no way I could do that as I'd have to commit murder way too often. As I moved up the food chain I later managed managers and even that can be tough but by then I had matured enough. So I agree. Now your turn, while somewhat off topic why are so many Americans frustrated and on drugs? So many deaths, why do you think that is? What motivates it? How is it fixed? --- I personally find life a blessing and joy even though I am not religious. PS we raised two boys and they are doing well, and the grandkids too.

OT: the question that started this thread is a profound one but I'll leave it there as we seem off track for sure. I'll close with the words of an atheist. "We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Sahara. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here." Richard Dawkins