Thread: Medi-share

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Medi-share

Prior to last year I was on my wife's health insurance policy through her employer, but Hussein the Obama screwed that up so bad that their costs shot through the roof and the company had to change their policy or go bankrupt.

So for the first time in my life I had to obtain health insurance for myself. My 15-month policy is up in April and they are raising my rates. I never made a claim the entire time. I'm a healthy guy so the premium is "only" in the $400/ month range and going up to $500 or so.

So I shopped around and after reading their guidelines, applied for Medi-share. It's is not insurance, but a share program where you commit to being personally responsible for your costs. I chose the highest "annual household portion (AHP)", analogous to a deductible, and my monthly "share" (to pay for over the AHP costs of others in the group) is $200.

The program has a long list of preferred providers where they have pre-negotiated discounts. It's up to me to track my expenses, pay all the bills, and then file a share request if my AHP totals over the agreed upon amount.

So by being a good Christian I can say to all you useless non-believers, philanderers, drug abusers, baby killers, and sex perverts. You ain't getting my share and you're going to have to pay up the butt for all who choose your similar lifestyle.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Cancel 2018.1 (02-22-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,172 Times in 10,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    Prior to last year I was on my wife's health insurance policy through her employer, but Hussein the Obama screwed that up so bad that their costs shot through the roof and the company had to change their policy or go bankrupt.

So for the first time in my life I had to obtain health insurance for myself. My 15-month policy is up in April and they are raising my rates. I never made a claim the entire time. I'm a healthy guy so the premium is "only" in the $400/ month range and going up to $500 or so.

So I shopped around and after reading their guidelines, applied for Medi-share. It's is not insurance, but a share program where you commit to being personally responsible for your costs. I chose the highest "annual household portion (AHP)", analogous to a deductible, and my monthly "share" (to pay for over the AHP costs of others in the group) is $200.

The program has a long list of preferred providers where they have pre-negotiated discounts. It's up to me to track my expenses, pay all the bills, and then file a share request if my AHP totals over the agreed upon amount.

So by being a good Christian I can say to all you useless non-believers, philanderers, drug abusers, baby killers, and sex perverts. You ain't getting my share and you're going to have to pay up the butt for all who choose your similar lifestyle.
    Whoop-Dee-Fucking-Do

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Whoop-Dee-Fucking-Do
    Whoop de fuck you lol

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Looks like after the first month my "share" (premium) goes down to $164 per month. LOL It's literally 1/4 the cost of what I was paying. You heathens can keep your ObamaCare. LOL

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Whoop-Dee-Fucking-Do
    does this mean that you don't care about the plight of people and their medical cost concerns?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    does this mean that you don't care about the plight of people and their medical cost concerns?
    I think he's pissed because millions have figured out how to opt out of Obamacare without paying FedCo a damn dime.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    It means I could give a fuck about someone who comes on here and talks about non-believers and how their fucking "Christian" insurance somehow makes them superior.

This asswipe went on the spouse's insurance and then had none when her's was cancelled. Here's a hint, asshole. Get a job that provides quality insurance rather than bitching about not having any. My coverage is great and hasn't significantly increased in cost in years.

What this shitstain, and apparently you, doesn't realize is that he will continue to pay for the uninsured. Whether you know it, like it or want it.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

It means I could give a fuck about someone who comes on here and talks about non-believers and how their fucking "Christian" insurance somehow makes them superior.

This asswipe went on the spouse's insurance and then had none when her's was cancelled. Here's a hint, asshole. Get a job that provides quality insurance rather than bitching about not having any. My coverage is great and hasn't significantly increased in cost in years.
    well you sound just like a conservative. when did you come out of the closet?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,753 Times in 33,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Whoop-Dee-Fucking-Do
    Wow, he's a good Christian? Scary

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think he's pissed because millions have figured out how to opt out of Obamacare without paying FedCo a damn dime.
    Pissed? Hilarious!

I've had great coverage my entire career, shitwad. I get it that your shit employment, if you have any, requires you to leach off your wife.

Ask your god for help, thumper. See if he responds.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Good for you, Right.
    I have a small business and used to provide health insurance for my employees until the Unaffordable Healthcare Act kicked in.
    I encouraged them to look into medical cost sharing , which they did. I found out how low the "premiums" were and offered to pay that for them since I no longer provide health insurance.
    Two of my employees took me up on it and they are quite satisfied with it. They check in with a medi-share agent who monitors their weight. Premiums decrease with a healthy lifestyle. Imagine that. Being rewarded for personal responsibility rather than penalized for it which Obamacare does ( a dimocrat trademark).
    I talked about this on dcj and of course the former moonbats, now snowflakes slanderized me as a racist for advocating 'personal responsibility', one of the code words in their bible for racist.
    As far as being a good christian, all one has to do is check the box that says you're a good christian.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (02-22-2017)

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Hopefully millions more will.
    It contributes to the death spiral of Obamacare.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (02-22-2017)

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Snowflake View Post
    Wow, he's a good Christian? Scary
    Didn't you march for abortion?

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What this shitstain, and apparently you, doesn't realize is that he will continue to pay for the uninsured. Whether you know it, like it or want it.
    How judgemental. I'm self-employed.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pissed? Hilarious!

I've had great coverage my entire career, shitwad. I get it that your shit employment, if you have any, requires you to leach off your wife.

Ask your god for help, thumper. See if he responds.
    Signing on to her family coverage isn't leaching. I could still do it if I wanted, but I found cheaper options.