Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football.....

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    now that's no way to speak about your future national champion.
    I wasn't.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What scares me the most is the way our backup QBs are bailing out.

At the beginning of the season we had 4 QBs on scholarship. 3 of those boys have said they are transfering.

Jalen needs to stay healthy!

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

QB's want to play where they got a shot at making the pros. That's not with most of the major college programs. Wisc, PSU and Wash are about the only exceptions right now. The best QB Bama has produced in the last 10 years is sitting on the Bengals bench. Would probably be third string or practice squad on most NFL clubs.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

QB's want to play where they got a shot at making the pros. That's not with most of the major college programs. Wisc, PSU and Wash are about the only exceptions right now. The best QB Bama has produced in the last 10 years is sitting on the Bengals bench. Would probably be third string or practice squad on most NFL clubs.
    True. Alabama is not known for great QBs. And I understand why the others transferred. I am just worried about backups for the remaining 2 games.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Not what I said at all. But fewer losses is one of the ways to measure the better team. Not the only measure, but one of them.

They also look at the strength of schedule. They do look at conference championships.
    It's the ONLY one you mentioned.

If they looked at conference championship, PSU would have made it. They beat OSU AND won the conference.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    It's the ONLY one you mentioned.

If they looked at conference championship, PSU would have made it. They beat OSU AND won the conference.
    And they lost more. And they lost to a lower team. That it is the only one I mentioned is irrelevant.

OSU is ranked higher and should be in the playoffs. The conference championships matter. Had Clemson or Washington lost their respective conference championships, they would likely not be in the playoffs.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

And they lost more. And they lost to a lower team. That it is the only one I mentioned is irrelevant.

OSU is ranked higher and should be in the playoffs. The conference championships matter. Had Clemson or Washington lost their respective conference championships, they would likely not be in the playoffs.
    As an OSU fan I'd have no leg to stand on if they chose Penn Srare. We didn't earn it.

Having said that I think the NCAA and the big conferences need to change the rules to give more meaning to non conference play. Had non conference games counted towards the division title then clearly OSU would have been division champs and not PSU.

I would like to see a realignment of Div1 teams to 8 conferences with scheduling done by the NCAA so that non conference games are not glorified scrimmages and only conference champs advance to the playoffs.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OSU didn't play in theirs. They lost to the team that won it.

Are you saying win/loss record is the ONLY factor? You really don't know because you're the typical low intelligence Alabama fan.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OSU didn't play in theirs. They lost to the team that won it.

Are you saying win/loss record is the ONLY factor? You really don't know because you're the typical low intelligence Alabama fan.
    Once again, that is not what I said. Why not go find out what the criteria is for the committee when they rank the teams. That will save the space you waste attempting to troll me.

OSU played a tougher schedule, finished with a single loss, and are ranked higher by the committee. Penn State can brag about being the Big 10 champs. Ohio State is going to the playoffs.

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As an OSU fan I'd have no leg to stand on if they chose Penn Srare. We didn't earn it.

Having said that I think the NCAA and the big conferences need to change the rules to give more meaning to non conference play. Had non conference games counted towards the division title then clearly OSU would have been division champs and not PSU.

I would like to see a realignment of Div1 teams to 8 conferences with scheduling done by the NCAA so that non conference games are not glorified scrimmages and only conference champs advance to the playoffs.
    I would have no problem with these changes. As soon as they are made, we will have teams selected by those criteria. Until those rules are changed, Penn State did not present the body of work OSU did.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Once again, that is not what I said. Why not go find out what the criteria is for the committee when they rank the teams. That will save the space you waste attempting to troll me.

OSU played a tougher schedule, finished with a single loss, and are ranked higher by the committee. Penn State can brag about being the Big 10 champs. Ohio State is going to the playoffs.
    I'm not trolling. I'm proving you have no clue what you're talking about. You don't what you're saying. You're just another Nick Saban and Urban Meyer dick sucker.

OSU lost to PSU. PSU won the conference championship. When it comes to overall record, head to head, and conference championship, PSU takes two out of three. Apparently, the last two didn't matter to the committee. It's like I said, they must like puckering up to Meyer. The hardest thing to tell is which one of you is first in line.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I would have no problem with these changes. As soon as they are made, we will have teams selected by those criteria. Until those rules are changed, Penn State did not present the body of work OSU did.

You can't even say what they use. You've mentioned overall record, head to head, and conference championship. PSU has two of three. You really don't know.

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not trolling. I'm proving you have no clue what you're talking about. You don't what you're saying. You're just another Nick Saban and Urban Meyer dick sucker.

OSU lost to PSU. PSU won the conference championship. When it comes to overall record, head to head, and conference championship, PSU takes two out of three. Apparently, the last two didn't matter to the committee. It's like I said, they must like puckering up to Meyer. The hardest thing to tell is which one of you is first in line.
    Ohio State and Penn State had 6 teams they both played.

OSU beat Rutgers by 58 pts, while PSU beat them by 39. OSU beat Indiana by 21 while PSU beat them by 14. OSU beat Wisconsin by 9 and PSU beat them by 7. OSU beat Maryland by 59 while PSU won by 24. Michigan State was beaten by 1 point against OSU and 33 points by PSU. And lastly, Ohio State beat Michigan by 3 points. PSU was destroyed by Michigan by 33 points.

The margins versus common foes, the out of conference opponents, plus having 1 loss instead of 2 sealed the deal.