Thread: Pakistan Makes Deal w/bin Laden

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Pakistan Makes Deal w/bin Laden

According to Keith Obermann abc news and The International Herald Tribune are reporting that Pakistan's dictator and Bush compartriot in the so-called "war on terror" has struck a deal with the bin Laden friendly Taliban and given a pass to bin Laden who may be hiding out in Northern Pakistan. According to the story, Pakistan has adopted a "don't ask, don't tell" policy regarding the presence of bin Laden and al Qaeda in the northern region of Pakistan. If the war lord who now controls the region where bin Laden is widely believed to be hiding will stop attacking, shooting at and killing Pakistani soldiers, Musharrif will leave the region and stop trying to control what goes on there. If the story is true, Bush is in a pickle, either he is going to have to say directly that bin Laden is indeed irrelevant at this time, and whether he has sanctuary or not is no longer of concern to the US, or we are still interested in bin Laden and Bush will have to exercise his own rules regarding those who give sanctuarry to terrorists and attack Pakistan.

Question: How many wars can Bush actually handle?

Bush must be saying to himself about now, "So many trouble spots, so few troops!" Poor Bush if this story is in fact true, he is in a real quandry.

Or this is some kind of ploy to get bin laden to reveal himself in time for an attack before the November elections? But is the Bush administration so stupid that they think something so obvious as this would draw bin Laden out after all these months in hiding?
    Last edited by Prakosh; 09-06-2006 at 12:02 AM.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I sometimes like to amuse myself by imagining what the Republicans in Congress would be doing if 9/11 had occurred on Clinton's watch, and five years later he had not produced Bin Laden. Any Republican or bush supporter who doesn't admit in their own hearts what would have happened to Clinton, is a liar living in a state of willful delusion. Which is what most of them are, and where most of them live.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,892 Times in 21,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,684 Times in 5,187 Posts
    Blog Entries

War? What war?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prakosh View Post
    Or this is some kind of ploy to get bin laden to reveal himself in time for an attack before the November elections? But is the Bush administration so stupid that they think something so obvious as this would draw bin Laden out after all these months in hiding?
    I'm going to have to stop you right there. "Ploy" would imply that this administration is capable of strategic thought and foresight outside of campaigns, which clearly they are not.
    "Fuck you niggers" July 11, 2009 Tinfoil explaining how conservatives are unfairly labeled as racists.

"You deserve to be beheaded and for your head to placed on a pike, in the middle of the park, where children can see what happens to those that act the way you do." August 5, 2009 USFreedom911's response to a left leaning opinion.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This DEAL was made with the USA, to back off of BIN LADEN....

Bin Laden sold out Zarqawi

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) -- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi had the phone numbers of senior Iraqi officials stored in his cell phone, according to an Iraqi legislator.

Waiel Abdul-Latif, a member of former Prime Minister Ayad Allawi's party, said Monday that authorities found the numbers after al-Zarqawi, leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, was killed in a U.S. air strike on June 7.

Abdul-Latif did not give names of the officials. But he said they included ministry employees and members of parliament.

He called for an investigation, saying Iraqis "cannot have one hand with the government and another with the terrorists."

Meanwhile, al-Zarqawi's wife told an Italian newspaper that al Qaeda leaders sold him out to the United States in exchange for a promise to let up in the search for Osama bin Laden.

The woman, identified by La Repubblica as al-Zarqawi's first wife, said al Qaeda's top leadership reached a deal with U.S. intelligence because al Zarqawi had become too powerful.

She claimed Sunni tribes and Jordanian secret services mediated the deal.

"My husband has been sold to the Americans," the woman said in an interview published Sunday. "He had become too powerful, too troublesome."

She was identified only as "Um Mohammed," which means "mother of Mohammed" and would be a nickname, not her full name.

The Rome-based newspaper said the interview was conducted in Geneva and described her as Jordanian and about 40 years old.

In Jordan, Al-Zarqawi's eldest brother, Sayel al-Khalayleh, said the family had not been aware of the woman's whereabouts for about two years.

Iraq's national security adviser said Sunday that al-Zarqawi had been buried in a "secret location" in Baghdad despite his family's demand that the body be returned to his native Jordan.

Mouwafak al-Rubaie would not say when the Jordanian-born militant was buried, or give any specifics on the location of the grave.

The U.S. military confirmed the burial but declined to give details.

"The remains of Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi were turned over to the appropriate government of Iraq officials and buried in accordance with Muslim customs and traditions," the military said in an e-mailed statement. "Anything further than that would be addressed by the Iraqi government."

Al-Zarqawi's brother demanded that his body be transferred to Jordan, and accused the United States of lying.

"Bush took his body to the United States," al-Khalayleh told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from his home in the Jordanian city of Zarqa.

"Even if he is buried in Iraq, we will continue to ask for the body to be transferred and buried in Jordan," he said. "He should be buried in his own country."

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,608 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Link, Care. Please link to copyrighted material.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have news for the dems here. If bin laden is caught or killed the war won't end. He's a figurehead now and there are many others doing his work for him.

As for pakistan giving up control of territory and allow bin laden to live there in peace. That would be like turning over a piece of their country to him to form his own country. I can't see them doing that.

Bush lies but islamo-facists never do. zarqowi's wife would never lie about him. He was taken out by American forces so it must have been some devious trick and he was sacrificed cause he was to big and important. what a bunch of whowie. Just more hollywood style conspiracy theories. dramatize and speculate. Then get a good screen writer in.
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four than you do with just a kind word.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

give me a minute or two Damo, I copied this from a thread on fullpolitics, and there was no link there, I just relo0ked, so I will find it for you... sorry!

And Gaffer, please don't go away...i need to respond to your post, but need to find this link for Damo first....

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Care4all View Post
    give me a minute or two Damo, I copied this from a thread on fullpolitics, and there was no link there, I just relo0ked, so I will find it for you... sorry!
    Thanks... I can find it for you, if you want.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

- -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Gaffer;17259]I have news for the dems here. If bin laden is caught or killed the war won't end. He's a figurehead now and there are many others doing his work for him.

Yes, he is a figurehead now, 5 years later.... but because he is a figurehead is why capturing him would be a HUGE feat for the USA, and psycologically wound them, because Allah would no longer be protecting Bin Laden from us...imo.

As for pakistan giving up control of territory and allow bin laden to live there in peace. That would be like turning over a piece of their country to him to form his own country. I can't see them doing that.

Shortly after Zarqawi was killed, and after Zarqawi's wife made this statement about Bin Laden outing Zarqawi, the Pentegon announced that they would be retreating from the Afghan/Pakistan region...maybe it is a coincidence...maybe the testimony of the wife is really Psyops by the usa cia to make people hate bin laden for outing zarqawi as a quid pro quo, to get safety in Afghanistan/Pakistan.

And the usa has pulled out, basically.

People in the Pakistani government side with Bin Laden and the Talibani and they hate Musharaf...they have tried to assasinate him time and time again...the war lords ALREADY rule their own regions, what would be taken away from Musharaf or what would he be giving up, as you say?

care

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Care4all View Post
    Gaffer;17259]I have news for the dems here. If bin laden is caught or killed the war won't end. He's a figurehead now and there are many others doing his work for him.

Yes, he is a figurehead now, 5 years later.... but because he is a figurehead is why capturing him would be a HUGE feat for the USA, and psycologically wound them, because Allah would no longer be protecting Bin Laden from us...imo.

Shortly after Zarqawi was killed, and after Zarqawi's wife made this statement about Bin Laden outing Zarqawi, the Pentegon announced that they would be retreating from the Afghan/Pakistan region...maybe it is a coincidence...maybe the testimony of the wife is really Psyops by the usa cia to make people hate bin laden for outing zarqawi as a quid pro quo, to get safety in Afghanistan/Pakistan.

And the usa has pulled out, basically.

People in the Pakistani government side with Bin Laden and the Talibani and they hate Musharaf...they have tried to assasinate him time and time again...the war lords ALREADY rule their own regions, what would be taken away from Musharaf or what would he be giving up, as you say?

care

Not only that, but the bin Laden desk at the CIA was actually elimanated. Apparently the search for bin Laden was being integrated with other searches for wanted people or some such Bush-speak tripe. In any event the search for bin Laden was downgraded. Personally, now that the administration is basically a lame duck, I figure that Bush is giving bin Laden his reward for giving Bush the incident, 9-11, that gained him re-election and his war-profiteering no-bid buddies their greatest haul in the last fifty years. They were nowhere until bin Laden came along with his "planes" plan...now it's they who are flying high...and actually in that top part of the one percent whose heirs would gain financially from the elimination of the so-called and miss-named "death tax"...

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    I'm going to have to stop you right there. "Ploy" would imply that this administration is capable of strategic thought and foresight outside of campaigns, which clearly they are not.
    I love this train of thought. Keep thinking they are dumb. Keep thinking they are stupid. Keep thinking they are ogres.........and they'll be in power for another several years.