Members banned from this thread: FUCK THE POLICE, midcan5, evince, ZappasGuitar, Legion, Rune, brazenhussy, moon, iolo, Mr.Badguy, Leonthecat, Bill, domer76, Mr. Shaman and Billy Batts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump supporters more tolerant than Clinton supporters

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default Trump supporters more tolerant than Clinton supporters

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...an-vice-versa/

This doesn't come as a surprise to anyone who really pays attention and doesn't live in their ideological bubble like the left

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is backed up by this social experiment:

The guy goes to both conventions, with signs supporting the opposite candidate. When the guy goes to the trump rally as a clinton supporter, the trump supporters basically joke around with him and laugh and take it in stride. When the guy goes to the clinton convention as a trump supporter, he gets surrounded, yelled at and almost beaten up.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

3. The Following User Groans At BRUTALITOPS For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (11-02-2016)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Stretch (11-02-2016)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Meeseeks View Post
    This is backed up by this social experiment:

The guy goes to both conventions, with signs supporting the opposite candidate. When the guy goes to the trump rally as a clinton supporter, the trump supporters basically joke around with him and laugh and take it in stride. When the guy goes to the clinton convention as a trump supporter, he gets surrounded, yelled at and almost beaten up.
    Leftists wrongly believe that supporting things like queer marriage, guys peeing in girls bathrooms etc. is what demonstrates their intolerance. But that isn't tolerance. Tolerance is ACCEPTING that people have differing views than you and moving on. Leftists want you destroyed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Stretch (11-02-2016)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

i think a big part of this is because us conservatives have to make amends early on that not everyone is like us, we see it transparently in our culture. All our favorite movie actors and tv actors are usually liberal. All the bands and music we listen to usually have left wing politics (minus dipshit country music fans). Our teachers skew liberal, and (from my own experience) we had to write papers with the correct political slant or otherwise have our grades suffer. The authors we read, the journalists that report the news, all push a liberal point of view. Conservatives are exposed to this on a daily basis.

Liberals on the other hand simply are not used to being challenged, not used to having others disagree with them. They live in a bubble and it's very hard for them to empathize. They don't live in a culture where the majority of authors are writing conservative themed books, or hollywood is 90% conservative. There whole lives, every institution essentially agrees with their world view.

Most citizens in middle America have plenty of exposure to hollywood, the arts, the leftwing media, but the coasts have very little exposure to the fly over states. They have very little exposure to how those people live their lives, and they scorn them accordingly.

---

Grind is basically right

8. The Following User Groans At BRUTALITOPS For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (11-02-2016)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Science!

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...an-vice-versa/

This doesn't come as a surprise to anyone who really pays attention and doesn't live in their ideological bubble like the left
    And then there is reality:

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/comme...-trump-voters/
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irthriuth View Post
    i think a big part of this is because us conservatives have to make amends early on that not everyone is like us, we see it transparently in our culture. All our favorite movie actors and tv actors are usually liberal. All the bands and music we listen to usually have left wing politics (minus dipshit country music fans). Our teachers skew liberal, and (from my own experience) we had to write papers with the correct political slant or otherwise have our grades suffer. The authors we read, the journalists that report the news, all push a liberal point of view. Conservatives are exposed to this on a daily basis.

Liberals on the other hand simply are not used to being challenged, not used to having others disagree with them. They live in a bubble and it's very hard for them to empathize. They don't live in a culture where the majority of authors are writing conservative themed books, or hollywood is 90% conservative. There whole lives, every institution essentially agrees with their world view.

Most citizens in middle America have plenty of exposure to hollywood, the arts, the leftwing media, but the coasts have very little exposure to the fly over states. They have very little exposure to how those people live their lives, and they scorn them accordingly.
    Are you defending Trump?

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,549 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

i think a big part of this is because us conservatives have to make amends early on that not everyone is like us, we see it transparently in our culture. All our favorite movie actors and tv actors are usually liberal. All the bands and music we listen to usually have left wing politics (minus dip@#$& country music fans). Our teachers skew liberal, and (from my own experience) we had to write papers with the correct political slant or otherwise have our grades suffer. The authors we read, the journalists that report the news, all push a liberal point of view. Conservatives are exposed to this on a daily basis.

Best post in a while, Grind. Some truth there. I’m not saying it doesn’t work both ways but I have found that last sentence to be abundantly true.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

i think a big part of this is because us conservatives have to make amends early on that not everyone is like us
    Thank you for your thoughts, Irthriuth.

You appear to be equating conservatives with Trump followers, which I would say is a category error. Many conservatives support him, of course, but Trump - at least in his current incarnation - is a right-wing would-be populist, not a conservative. As he seems to have few if any core principles and no discernible moral compass, it's hard to say what he really is.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

My guys are more tolerant than your guys so there.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

They say the same about you, just a matter of perception isn't it.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    You realize that's an opinion article, right?

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    You realize that's an opinion article, right?
    All articles are opinion articles even your Pew poll. You just whine when it disagrees with whatever tripe you are promoting. Now, do you have any poll to support your BS that was taken after the election?
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    All articles are opinion articles even your Pew poll. You just whine when it disagrees with whatever tripe you are promoting. Now, do you have any poll to support your BS that was taken after the election?
    The pew was a poll of a representative group. Your article was the opinion of a single person. Do you understand the difference?

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Thank you for your thoughts, Irthriuth.

You appear to be equating conservatives with Trump followers, which I would say is a category error. Many conservatives support him, of course, but Trump - at least in his current incarnation - is a right-wing would-be populist, not a conservative. As he seems to have few if any core principles and no discernible moral compass, it's hard to say what he really is.
    https://www.heritage.org/impact/heri...file-attention

the heritage foundation, a very conservative organization, has said the following:

“We’re blown away,” said Thomas Binion of Heritage, President Trump “is very active, very conservative and very effective. Huge volume & spectrum of issues.”
    Additionally the heritage foundation has said trump has implemented about 64% of their "mandate for leadership" agenda in the first year.

Then you combine that with these two awesome conservative supreme court picks, and the data is clear, regardless of what trump might actually believe, he's been our most conservative president in literally 3 decades. nevertrumpers can suck a dick.

Now, I am a libertarian, I don't agree with everything trump does, despite how people here circlejerk how I am a trump supporter. I don't agree with protectionist economic policies, I don't agree with his stance on 4th amendment issues, or the drug war. These are big issues for me. So I don't think he's perfect. But trump has literaly governed more conservatively than any shill establishment candidate we otherwise would have gotten, be it little marco, low energy jeb, or any of those other bullshit insiders minus rand paul and probably ted cruz.

The perfect can't be the enemy of the good but if you like conservative policy, trump objectively has been the best for that since reagan. no question.

---

Grind is basically right