The daughter of Eric Garner, who died after New York City police put him in a chokehold in 2014, took aim at Hillary Clinton’s campaign after WikiLeaks uncovered email conversations about using Mr. Garner’s death to promote gun control.

“I’m troubled by the revelation that you and this campaign actually discussed ‘using’ Eric Garner … Why would you want to ‘use’ my dad?” tweeted Erica Garner, who endorsed Vermont Sen. Bernard Sanders in the Democratic primary. “These people will co opt anything to push their agenda. Police violence is not the same as gun violence.”

In 2014, a police officer used a chokehold while trying to arrest Garner for allegedly selling cigarettes illegally. A grand jury decided not to indict the officer, Daniel Pantaleo, in Garner’s death and the case is being reviewed by the Justice Department, according to reports.

Mrs. Clinton’s team discussed using Garner’s death in an editorial about gun violence that was exposed by WikiLeaks.
“I know we have Erica Garner issues but we don’t want to mention Eric at all? I can see her coming after us for leaving him out of the piece,” Clinton’s traveling press secretary Nick Merrill wrote in an email.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-clinton-pawn/