Thread: I was wrong

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,884 Times in 21,652 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Norah View Post
    I've been debating myself about whether or not to do this but since during the relatively short amount of time that I was a member here I often spoke passionately about Ted Cruz and inspired by Ted Cruz and so I felt that I needed to come back and share this. With Ted Cruz recently announcing that he will be voting for Donald Trump I felt the need to say that I was wrong about him and that I was naive in my trust of his convictions regarding Trump. When he announced that he will be voting for Trump I felt like a fool, I felt embarrassed, and I felt betrayed in some ways.I understand that it is his right to change his mind and I can't fault him for that, but I do not agree with his choice.
    You have integrity.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

evince (10-13-2016), Norah (10-13-2016)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    He's a politician Miss Norah, don't get too absorbed in them. NONE of them are completely trustworthy.

....i.e.....when you're absolutely-clueless about the political-process/politics-in-general....you resort to......

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    It could be argued that his support of Trump is the least deplorable action the idiot has taken in recent years. You support the shutdown of the govt, but you draw the line at his support of Trump?
    The "shutdown of the government?" Ain't that a hoot?

Number one, alleged government shutdowns are a comedy show. The only things allegedly shut down are 'NON-ESSENTIAL" government services and the feds consider just about everything they do as being "ESSENTIAL." Therefore very little actually gets shut down and after every alleged shutdown every government employee that was furloughed got back pay. Whooptedy-doo! Some fucking shutdown, huh?

Number two, every government alleged shutdown is caused by a disagreement within the government. For your biased and absurd opinions, it takes TWO to Tango! Alleged government shutdowns are actuall "EQUALLY" caused by a disagreement between hugely partisan Democrats and hugely partisan Republicans who pretend they're opposed to each other then go down the street and have several beers with each-other. It's a fucking duopoly silly game played for the duopoly dictatorship's dupes and it's your turn in the barrel.
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,729 Times in 27,216 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shaman View Post
    ....i.e.....when you're absolutely-clueless about the political-process/politics-in-general....you resort to......
    Unless you're a brain-dead communist like you supporting the most corrupt bitch in the history of American politicians, huh commie?
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Gotta think big picture young lady. You are young so your future will be shaped by the results of this election for a long time.
    BEEN THERE!!!!!

STILL THERE!!!!!

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    It could be argued that his support of Trump is the least deplorable action the idiot has taken in recent years. You support the shutdown of the govt, but you draw the line at his support of Trump?
    The idiocy is yours......if you believe the left wing communist propaganda that the government will be "shut down" if congress fails to agree on a budget and the sitting left wing president "threatens" to veto another CR....by blaming congress on his parties own mismanagement. The only things SHUT DOWN would be those things that are superfluous to maintaining a working central government...i.e., THE BULLSHIT red tape organizations and pet peeves of the democrats.

The only thing effected by a supposed (left wing buzz word) SHUT DOWN would be those services "....not essential for the safety of human life and property." -- Congressional Record

A thing like this has happened many times before in US HISTORY...hell the vast majority of Obama's administration has spent money like a drunken sailor by simply proclaiming a "Continuing Resolution" without a ratified Budget. Such a lapse...should it ever occur while the liberals are calling WOLF! WOLF! you are attempting to shut down services vital to THE PEOPLE i.e., left wing propaganda.....would not be catastrophic or unprecedented as claimed by the communist left....in fact it would do nothing but reveal in CLEAR LIGHT...the waste propagated upon the people so the left can continue to use US TAX DOLLARS to purchase votes an maintain a captive voter base of poor people.

In fact according to THE RULE OF LAW...according to the constitution....a continued running of the nation by CR (continued resolution) is illegal if one dime is spent on things other than those things that are essential to defending both life and property....the purse string is not governed under such circumstance by the White House...its governed by STANDING LAW, "....No money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in consequences of Appropriations made by law." -- Article One.

In other words...all federal obligations made by law...such as pension payments to veterans, Social Security Benefits...etc., would not nor could not be subject to NON-PAYMENT. Why? Because the lack of a budget or CR does not stop the TAX COLLECTOR from taking in over 3.3 TRILLION dollars per year. The only things effected would be those programs NOT ESSENTIAL to life and property. Meaning what? Those programs that are nothing but a duplicate service provided by each and every state in the union....Education, EPA...etc., for those federal organization...who spend money via inter office memo void of one approval from congressional law...would no longer be able to waste the tax payer monies as they see fit void of congressional oversight. In other words....only salaries to those ESSENTIAL would be maintained.

Oh What a shock...no more mandates void of any representation from the people by the political thugs at the Federal Dept of Education....the EPA..etc... Oh my...what would the people do? Its not like the states don't have a capacity to control their own educational programs or environmental issues....or safety concerns. LMAO.....I say...SHUT IT THE HELL DOWN...and expose the democrat threats and efforts to extort the people through fear mongering.

Educate yourself to the truth. Try reading the damn constitution instead of the Huffington Post or the NY TIMES.

Truth? It appears that only a mere handful of the supposed people's representatives found in DC...actually take time to read and comprehend their own laws on the books....or know that the people have been dumb downed so much through democrat propaganda that they fear losing in the next election after they are attacked by the press for demanding a WORKING BUDGET....void of waste.
    Last edited by Ralph; 10-13-2016 at 09:10 AM.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He's a politician Miss Norah, don't get too absorbed in them. NONE of them are completely trustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Unless you're a brain-dead communist like you supporting the most corrupt bitch in the history of American politicians, huh commie?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Shaman For This Post:

Leonthecat (10-13-2016)

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    You have integrity.
    You liked this comment Desh when you have previously called Norah evil, hate filled and full of lies?

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shaman View Post

It's tea bagger logic to think politicians aren't trust worthy? Ok.

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You liked this comment Desh when you have previously called Norah evil, hate filled and full of lies?
    that was the South Pole Desh.....this is the North Pole Desh......

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

cawacko (10-14-2016), Celticguy (10-14-2016)

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,729 Times in 27,216 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    stop lying and obsessing on me daddyman

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    stop lying and obsessing on me daddyman
    Don't you wish