Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,714 Times in 27,344 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Default Coffee

I always stop in this cafe before my morning paddle on the weekends.

I can't tell a damn bit of difference between the Panamanian, Sumatran, Ethiopian, and Colombian roasts.

I think its a gimmick.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,774 Times in 27,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

I dont do coffee anymore. I do drink over a pot of green tea a day though.
    Loved coffee and did the same with it. I realised it was going to kill me so I switched to tea. Now to drink coffee I have to fu fu it up. Its funny before I quit it I drank next to 0 fu fu coffee.
    Last edited by evince; 12-15-2007 at 10:56 AM.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I always stop in this cafe before my morning paddle on the weekends.

I can't tell a damn bit of difference between the Panamanian, Sumatran, Ethiopian, and Colombian roasts.

I think its a gimmick.
    The only very noticeable difference for most people is in the roast. There is a major flavor difference between a dark roast or a light roast for instance.

The differences in Sumatran over Columbian is far more subtle, and usually overcome by the age of the bean. In about a weak some of the oils already evaporate and it begins to take much of the natural flavor away.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

I hate starbucks coffee. too bitter because they burn their beans. I get my coffee at the local store. Yum yum! I'm drinking some right now. Mmmmmm.

I used to go to dunkin donuts for coffee, but here in portland, they're are very few if any at all. They don't do donuts in this town. Even krispy kreme is a ghost town.

And you can't get a bacon egg and cheese on a hard roll here either. They don't even know what you're talking about.

Just a couple of east coast things I miss really bad. I mean really bad.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,714 Times in 27,344 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    The only very noticeable difference for most people is in the roast. There is a major flavor difference between a dark roast or a light roast for instance.

The differences in Sumatran over Columbian is far more subtle, and usually overcome by the age of the bean. In about a weak some of the oils already evaporate and it begins to take much of the natural flavor away.
    Thanks Dr. Coffee.

I've been steering clear of sumatran beans, ever since I found out that indonesians make coffee from cat poop.

Aussies go crazy for cat poo coffee

Kopi Luwak, made in neighboring Indonesia from coffee beans excreted by native civet cats, is reputedly the world's rarest and most expensive coffee, painstakingly extracted by hand from the animals' forest droppings.

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifes...lso_on_reuters

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default This morning.........

Folgers Vanilla bean roast with a splash of Irish Cream...Jimmy Dean Sausage,cheese and egg breakfast sandwich...too lazy to cook this morning!

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

hows coffee going to kill you, I overuse it now like I did pot in the 80's.
    8 times a day

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    8 times a day
    We're talking about coffee here, not masturbation.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Fact...too much of anything will kill you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    hows coffee going to kill you, I overuse it now like I did pot in the 80's.
    8 times a day

Coffee,pot or whatever...many have died of Pancreatic Cancer from abuse of coffee..as well as many died from lung cancer from pot or cigarette abuse, heck even some have died from the above listed not doing anything....LOL!

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default LMAO..............

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    We're talking about coffee here, not masturbation.

I was thinking just that...but left it to el Beefy to put the coup de Gra!

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Coffee is the nectar of the gods. There is little doubt that knowledge helps.

If you have truly fresh beans, ground less than 10 minutes before brewing you will find that coffee tastes quite a bit different than you have been led to believe.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Shit Howdy.............

Coffee is the nectar of the gods. There is little doubt that knowledge helps.

If you have truly fresh beans, ground less than 10 minutes before brewing you will find that coffee tastes quite a bit different than you have been led to believe.

Just a country boy here...I buy the cans such as folgers et al...already processed...no time to play with silly beans...work to do don't cha know?

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Battleborne View Post
    Just a country boy here...I buy the cans such as folgers et al...already processed...no time to play with silly beans...work to do don't cha know?
    Then you get what you are willing to put into it. Pre ground coffee will be bitter.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default LOL...and what can I respond to......

Then you get what you are willing to put into it. Pre ground coffee will be bitter.
    but yeah! but I am retired and tired...gota make do with the simple pleasuers in life as to what I can afford...ya willbe there oneday no matter what your broker tells ya...just a fact of life on a fixed income...pa-lease get real...bison breath/ country bumpkin on a Saturday night!

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Battleborne View Post
    but yeah! but I am retired and tired...gota make do with the simple pleasuers in life as to what I can afford...ya willbe there oneday no matter what your broker tells ya...just a fact of life on a fixed income...pa-lease get real...bison breath/ country bumpkin on a Saturday night!
    Retired doesn't mean dead. But I wasn't insulting you, simply giving information. Your coffee will be bitter because it is dried up pieces of what it once was. Coffee is much sweeter than people realize.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle