Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, USFREEDOM911, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.1, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, CFM, Seahawk and Face, Your

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Says Yellen Is Keeping Interest Rates Low So President Obama Can Play Golf

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,092 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Default Trump Says Yellen Is Keeping Interest Rates Low So President Obama Can Play Golf

After months of surprising restraint, Donald Trump has finally started spewing conspiracy theories about the Federal Reserve. During an interview with CNBC on Monday morning, the Republican presidential nominee suggested that Fed Chair Janet Yellen is keeping interest rates low in order to pump up a “false” stock market during President Obama's final months in office.

“She’s obviously political,” he said. “She’s doing what Obama wants her to do. And I know that’s not supposed to be the way it is. But that’s why it’s low. Because as soon as they [interest rates] go up, the stock market is going to go way down.” For good measure, he added that Yellen “should be ashamed of herself.”

“They want to keep the market up so Obama goes out and let the new guy—whoever that new, let’s call it the new guy, because I like the sound of that much better—so the new person who becomes president, let him raise interest rates, or let her raise interest rates, and watch what happens to the stock market when that happens, OK,” Trump said.

He later added that interest rates wouldn't go up much in the next few months because Obama “wants to go out, he wants to play golf for the rest of his life, and he doesn’t care what’s going to happen after January.”

So Janet Yellen isn't raising interest rates because Barack Obama wants to play golf. Right

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/...ent_obama.html

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-13-2016)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Yelled should be raising rates. What Trump was essentially saying is Obama loves that rates are staying low because the impact of increases will be felt once he leaves office.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,092 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Yelled should be raising rates. What Trump was essentially saying is Obama loves that rates are staying low because the impact of increases will be felt once he leaves office.
    Trump is so ignorant that he's oblivious to the fact that the White House isn’t responsible for interest rates, the Federal Reserve is.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

Obama controls Yellen. Illary's body double must continue her campaign now that Illary has ridden her broom into oblivion.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Trump is so ignorant that he's oblivious to the fact that the White House isn’t responsible for interest rates, the Federal Reserve is.
    Clearly he's aware of that. He's saying Yellen is keeping them low because that's what Obama wants.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

Clearly he's aware of that. He's saying Yellen is keeping them low because that's what Obama wants.
    Obama is superior to Yellen in the Illuminati, isn't he?

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

So I guess when he is prez he wants the head of the Fed not to do what he wants.lol
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,763 Times in 33,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh, the quagmires!

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump Says Yellen Is Keeping Interest Rates Low So President Obama Can Play Golf

The market dropped in the last few days over concerns that interest rates are about to rise.

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do you think the Fed is truly independent, it is supposed to be but who knows what goes on behind closed doors?

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

That's progress and progressives for ya. They 'GIVE' the power of the purse to the big banks to control in a most unconstitutional manner.... assuming the big banks will be indebted to progressive politics. History actual teaches us that every....EVERY problem that faced by the United States of America has its roots in social progressive politics.

Facts don't lie. A short history of the FED. 1. The invention of IVY LEAGUE LIBERALS in 1913 2. Passed into law by a liberal congress 3. evolving more and more power supposedly to control the economy from a central banking system...something most LIBERALS blame conservatives because the majority of liberals are ignorant kool aid drinking sheep..the reason given was to stop things like the GREAT DEPRESSION it caused in the 30s. The progressive answer? GIVE THE FED MORE POWER.

Now....today, up is down, white is black, north is south and LEFT IS ALWAYS RIGHT....the FED was an invention of greedy REPUBLICANS. LAMO

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

so... i dunno. I cant see them raising the rate because one of our main problems right now is high cc and student debt. Raising interest rates almost always raises the rate on variable rate products (i.e. most credit cards) and that kills consumer spending.

On the other hand.... well when i was growing up my parents constantly told me about the value of banks, time deposits and other products that would help my wealth grow. They even gave me some money i couldnt touch and only put in a time deposit to watch it grow. Right now thats bull crap and using the banks is one of the worst things you can do. I feel for the older generation who are used to getting extra income from banks.

BTW were moving towards negative rates.... a system like in singapore where the bank charges you interest to keep money with them!
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    So I guess when he is prez he wants the head of the Fed not to do what he wants.lol
    The Fed is suppose to be an independent agency right? It shouldn't matter what the President wants.

Edit: But to your point yes, no matter what one says as a candidate they will want those same people/institutions to favor them while as President.
    Last edited by cawacko; 09-14-2016 at 07:02 AM.

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    That's progress and progressives for ya. They 'GIVE' the power of the purse to the big banks to control in a most unconstitutional manner.... assuming the big banks will be indebted to progressive politics. History actual teaches us that every....EVERY problem that faced by the United States of America has its roots in social progressive politics.

Facts don't lie. A short history of the FED. 1. The invention of IVY LEAGUE LIBERALS in 1913 2. Passed into law by a liberal congress 3. evolving more and more power supposedly to control the economy from a central banking system...something most LIBERALS blame conservatives because the majority of liberals are ignorant kool aid drinking sheep..the reason given was to stop things like the GREAT DEPRESSION it caused in the 30s. The progressive answer? GIVE THE FED MORE POWER.

Now....today, up is down, white is black, north is south and LEFT IS ALWAYS RIGHT....the FED was an invention of greedy REPUBLICANS. LAMO
    What do you propose to replace it?
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

If the president appoints you, that's political.
    Of course Yellen is following orders.
    How many years have everyone including BO said it's unsustainable to do what they continue to do ?
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.