Members banned from this thread: Jarod, midcan5, Legion Fag, evince, christiefan915, ZappasGuitar, Legion, Legion Troll's Troll, Phantasmal, Rune, brazenhussy, Legion Troll, Cancel 2020.1, moon, philly rabbit, iolo, Leonthecat, Legionthecat and Mr. Shaman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Default Fantasy Football

This thread is dedicated to those who enjoy fantasy football to discuss lineups, who to sit/start etc

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

OK so now that we have to start over

Here is my team for 2016

Kirk Cousins
    Mike Evans
    Amari Cooper
    David Johnson
    CJ Anderson
    Travis Kielce
    Donte Moncrief
    Justin Tucker
    Steelers Defense

Jameis Winston
    Melvin Gordon
    Allen Hurns
    Giovani Bernard
    Kevin White
    Devontae Booker
    Jesse James

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

It is conceivable that Sam Bradford could be a fantasy relevant QB before season's end

1) Major upgrade in offensive line compared to Philly
    2) Major upgrade in running back compared to Philly
    3) Major upgrade in receivers compared to Philly
    4) Major upgrade in defense compared to Philly

While there can be a lot of criticism thrown Bradford's way, it isn't like he was on stacked teams loaded with talent. Who did the Rams have when he was there? Look at what a mess Chipster made in Philly.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Fantasy Football

Had a great first week.

Every player performed as I expected. Even bench performed well. Devontae Booker didn't do well but if CJ Anderson holds up that isn't a bad thing.

I think Jamaal Charles owners should be concerned about RBBC when he comes back. Ware looked good.

I had Winston on y bench and started Cousins. I am ahead by over 30 with Cousins and Steelers defense left and opponent has Big Ben. I should pull this out.

The plan was to start Cousins first four games and Winston last four

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I gave into conventional wisdom and didn't start Benjamin against the Broncos, or Diggs amidst the Vikings QB situation. I will start both, and swap Gordon in for Hyde, who will probably do nothing against the Panthers. My plan is to mostly start Carr, but Winston plays games against ATL and NO. If I make it to the championship game, I will start him in a match-up against NO.

Meanwhile, both of my TE are projects. There is a strong belief that Wolford will start getting lots of targets from Carr, while Graham will get more reps each successive week. I'll evaluate after next weekend, otherwise I will look for a replacement.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Fantasy Football

Quote Originally Posted by Establishment View Post
    I gave into conventional wisdom and didn't start Benjamin against the Broncos, or Diggs amidst the Vikings QB situation. I will start both, and swap Gordon in for Hyde, who will probably do nothing against the Panthers. My plan is to mostly start Carr, but Winston plays games against ATL and NO. If I make it to the championship game, I will start him in a match-up against NO.

Meanwhile, both of my TE are projects. There is a strong belief that Wolford will start getting lots of targets from Carr, while Graham will get more reps each successive week. I'll evaluate after next weekend, otherwise I will look for a replacement.
    I have the same strategy with Winston. Look at Jesse James for TE. He was strong

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I lost 126-120 last week. Then, I started Lockett and Watkins over Benjamin and Diggs, and got no TE support, either. This week (although Lockett would still have been a good start), I started Benjamin and Diggs, and subbed Gordon in for Hyde based upon match-ups. I am going to be awarded with the high score and blow-out of the week, regardless of what happens tomorrow night.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Fantasy Football

Won this week. Did so-so. 126 but guy I went up against didn't even get 90

Glad I have Melvin Gordon. Looks like Woodhead is out for a while. He just became my flex.

My Winston/Cousins strategy is paying off.

I got a crushed in my other league. I think I hate Kelce. I always draft his potential and not his production.

One thing different is that I am not tinkering at all this year.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am committed to starting Diggs and Benjamin, regardless, from now on. I will tinker with RB, though, as well as start Winston over Carr when I feel that it's safe. Next week I am benching Martin due to injury and Hyde due to match-up. I will start Gordon, and then I am going to rotate in Theo Riddick because the Lions continue to show that they will give (and especially throw) him the ball. They will be determined to show-up against GB, and Ameer Abdullah is injured, which should increase Riddick's value.

Meanwhile, I will just wait to see whether Walford or Graham develop faster within their respective offenses. With Oakland getting into shootouts every week, I think Walford's long-term ceiling in Oakland is high.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Fantasy Football

Quote Originally Posted by Football Jersey View Post
    I am committed to starting Diggs and Benjamin, regardless, from now on. I will tinker with RB, though, as well as start Winston over Carr when I feel that it's safe. Next week I am benching Martin due to injury and Hyde due to match-up. I will start Gordon, and then I am going to rotate in Theo Riddick because the Lions continue to show that they will give (and especially throw) him the ball. They will be determined to show-up against GB, and Ameer Abdullah is injured, which should increase Riddick's value.

Meanwhile, I will just wait to see whether Walford or Graham develop faster within their respective offenses. With Oakland getting into shootouts every week, I think Walford's long-term ceiling in Oakland is high.
    If Jesse James is still available in your league and pick him up. He has been top 12 TE

If next week pans out like this week, Kelce is getting benched and James is getting the start.

I really had a hunch about Gordon and he is looking like a good pick. I also have Giovani on the bench but I may use him as trade bait for a WR.

Cousins has the Giants next week. A really good matchup.

If the Steelers defense keep playing at this level they will win their 7th Super Bowl

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah, my league is pretty deep, and James is taken. I also looked into picking-up Foster's back-up, but he's even taken. Austin Sefarian-Jenkins is available. I could consider placing him on my roster. Actually, I might do it now, seeing as how Buck Allen is not being used by the Ravens this year in any capacity.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Fantasy Football

Quote Originally Posted by Football Jersey View Post
    Yeah, my league is pretty deep, and James is taken. I also looked into picking-up Foster's back-up, but he's even taken. Austin Sefarian-Jenkins is available. I could consider placing him on my roster. Actually, I might do it now, seeing as how Buck Allen is not being used by the Ravens this year in any capacity.
    Hopefully you never picked up Jenkins

I am up 33 going into tonight nobody left for me and he has Brees

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I pulled it out Monday night. I was worried. I only won by two. Had second highest score in the league. So far so good this year (knocking on wood). Rest of league is turning into a M.A.S.H. unit. I was offered some serious trade bait for Gordon a couple of weeks ago and glad I didn't take it. Barring injury, I have the best RBs in Fantasy right now. David Johnson, CJ Anderson and Melvin Gordon

I am liking this idea of streaming QBs based on match-ups. Winston's schedule really looks good at the end of the season and that is what I am banking on. We have to pay for waiver moves but I am thinking it is a good bet to play any QB playing the Browns or Saints this year as you are destined to put up tons of points

The one area I am very weak is on DST. I am going to grab the Eagles defense after they come off of their bye and ride them to the end of the season.