Thread: #1 best seller by the NY Times

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default #1 best seller by the NY Times

Has anybody picked up the new #1 selling book in America at the moment?

Ahhhh you though it was a book about national health care---nope.

The "Glen Beck" book "An incovenient book" has become the number 1 selling book in about 10 days of publication. I have not heard much about it, but I am going to have to pick it up. Now, I think Glen sometimes does not do his homework the best (I remember him a few years ago saying "who cares if manufacturing leaves this country"--he is singing a different tune now), but I think he has a better grip on reality than Moore Gore (he he---that fits pretty good---Moore Gore)---by far. Glen has also been interviewing some really great in the know people, and that helps him.

The book is suppose to tell us how America got in the jam it is in--and the ad I saw said he is naming names.

I guess the people want to know---because they intuitively know something screws them. Number 1 baby--the people want to know, and show great interest by making it #1 in such short time. It will be interesting to see how long it stays #1. may be if Hillery sells her health plan in a book--it might knock it off---but I doubt it. Just the fact that the NY times called it #1---is pretty uncaractoristic.

I can't wait to get my copy, so I can look up his facts--lol. If they are factual enough, I hope it stays #1 for a long long time.

if you have it---what do you think of it so far?

NO MOORE GORE!!!

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Enjoy, you might learn more than you want to though.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Enjoy, you might learn more than you want to though.

To me---there is no such thing. You just have to try to access the validity of any of these books---and espically green movies.

New perspectives that spawn critical thinking can put the pieces together---and I don't want to suffer from the ostrage syndrome (head in the sand, and azz in the air).

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ohh you missed my point. I guess you won't learn that Beck is just after your money.
    Proving tax cuts work!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Ohh you missed my point. I guess you won't learn that Beck is just after your money.
    An author writes a book hoping to make money? You don't say?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I thought I just did say.
    Proving tax cuts work!

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Glen Beck is just another right-wing chicken-hawk/pimp/buffoon who has been wrong about damn near everything he's said.

It's no surprise that right-wing chicken-hawk/whore/buffoons would buy his book .. by someone who has been so disastrously wrong.

makes sense

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

all those wrongs have to add up to equal one right eventually
    They just have to.
    Proving tax cuts work!

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

The good news ...

Glenn Beck, ratings failure

Poor Glenn Beck. While Glenn Beck is on the road having a mid-life crisis, the radio-turned-Headline News host's ratings are sinking.

In the Q2 ranker, Beck doesn't show up until the second page - below every other CNBC program. He has averaged 78,000 demo viewers since day one, and 165,000 total viewers.

Now his show airs several times a night - at 7, 9, and midnight - so Headline News will point out that he actually gets three times as many viewers. But let's look at his individual time slots. At 7pm, Beck averaged 79,000 demo viewers in June. Showbiz Tonight averaged just a few thousand less last June. And he's actually down 19 percent among total viewers for the hour.

At 9pm, Beck is losing viewers for Headline News. In June 2005, Prime News Tonight averaged 110,000 demo and 317,000 total viewers. In June 2006, Beck averaged 82,000 demo and 196,000 total viewers - declines of 25 and 38 percent respectively. Maybe Beck's premiere poll, "When Will the TV Show Get Cancelled," wasn't a joke ...

Looks like Beck isn't the only one with ratings problems. Broadcasting & Cable reports Fox News is in trouble, too.
    http://hughesforamerica.typepad.com/...beck_rati.html

Beck is a fundamentalist mormon ex-drunk, ex-drug addict who has produced such gems of wisdom as these ...

On families of the victims of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks: "[T]his is horrible to say, and I wonder if I'm alone in this -- you know, it took me about a year to start hating the 9-11 victims' families? Took me about a year."

On Hurricane Katrina survivors who remained in New Orleans: "And that's all we're hearing about, are the people in New Orleans. Those are the only ones that we're seeing on television are the scumbags -- and again, it's not all the people in New Orleans. Most of the people in New Orleans got out! It's just a small percentage of those who were left in New Orleans, or who decided to stay in New Orleans, and they're getting all the attention."

Discussing disclosures from a caller who claimed to have tortured prisoners in U.S. custody: "I've got to tell you, I appreciate your service. ... Good for you. Good for -- I mean, good for you. Is it because you did it for the country? ... I have to tell you, when all is said and done, I'm glad people like you are on our side."

On filmmaker Michael Moore: "Hang on, let me just tell you what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out -- is this wrong?"

On the father of Nick Berg, American civilian executed in Iraq: "The want to be a better person today than I was yesterday says he's a dad, he's grieving, but I don't buy that. I'm sorry, I don't buy it. I think he is grieving, but I think he's a scumbag as well. I don't like this guy at all."

BECK: Everybody always thinks if you're in the press, you just -- you have to believe that the government is evil, don't you think? I think that's the first thing in Journalism 101 they teach you -- the government is evil and you must take them down at all costs. Or, how is it that they all have that attitude? That's what I'd like to know. That's, you know -- that's the number-one thing on the declaration of principles that I would like to see The New York Times print. Because, you know, we're always saying, "Aw, they don't understand us." Well, I don't understand them. I don't know who these people are.

How can you be fighting for the same things that Al Qaeda wants, you know? Can you imagine -- can you imagine The New York Times coming out and saying "Hey, the ovens aren't so bad," back in World War II? Can you imagine that? I don't know; sure, there are some Jews in there, but I bet they might make some good pizzas in there too.

What are you -- what? The New York Times is just -- I don't get it. I don't understand it. Except that I really truly believe that they believe that we're a bad nation, or at least our government is bad and has always been bad. "You know, we've been passing out those smallpox blankets to Indians."

And you can't wait to buy his book.

Incredible

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Darned glass half empty liberals....
    Proving tax cuts work!

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

all those wrongs have to add up to equal one right eventually
    They just have to.
    You mean like....two wrongs never make a right but 3 lefts do?