Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trumpf isn't going to change-MY WAY OR "very, very nice long vacation."

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default trumpf isn't going to change-MY WAY OR "very, very nice long vacation."

Trump just confirmed every Republican's worst fear

Regulations, Obamacare and taxes are destroying economy: Donald Trump
    2 Hours Ago|00:59

Donald Trump told CNBC on Thursday he will either win with his frank and uncensored style of campaigning or enjoy a "very, very nice long vacation."

Republicans have long hoped Trump will pivot on his behavior, but in the "Squawk Box" interview, he said:

"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth. And if at the end of 90 days, I've fallen short because I'm somewhat politically correct even though I'm supposed to be the smart one and even though I'm supposed to have a lot of good ideas, it's OK. I go back to a very good way of life."

A string of unfavorable poll numbers and growing opposition from within his own party's congressional membership have made Republicans increasingly nervous that they have toxic nominee on their hands that could endanger the party's future.

In the wide-ranging phone interview, Trump insisted that President Barack Obama "absolutely" founded ISIS. He also discussed economic issues including regulation and infrastructure spending.

Trump initially made the ISIS comments on Wednesday.

Asked about them, he doubled down and said "[Obama] was the founder of ISIS absolutely, the way he removed our troops. ... I call them co-founders," he added, referring to his Democratic presidential opponent, Hillary Clinton.

Trump also stood by his remarks about the Second Amendment that Democrats interpreted as calling for violence against Clinton.

"On the Second Amendment everybody came to my defense because there was nothing said wrong. I'm talking about the power of the voter," Trump told CNBC. "Only the haters tried to grab onto that one."

However, Trump allowed for the possibility that his uncensored views may not result in a win.

"I think we're going to have victory, but we'll see," Trump said. "At the end it's either going to work or I'm going to have a very, very nice long vacation."

The GOP presidential nominee also addressed criticism that he had made a mistake when it came to comments about the Muslim parents of a fallen American soldier, saying "it's been put to bed for a long time." The controversy erupted after Khizr and Ghazala Khan appeared at the Democratic Convention on July 28.

Trump also said Obamacare, high taxes and regulation are stifling business in the United States.

He said regulations are "making it virtually impossible to start new businesses, and a lot of old businesses are being hurt very badly."

"Obamacare is devastating businesses, I get it all the time," he said.

Trump's comments came during a stretch in which he has sought to focus on his campaign's economic message amid a series of controversies.

He laid out his economic plans in a speech in Detroit on Monday, but he has spent much of the week fighting off criticism for his subsequent comments about the Second Amendment.

Clinton called him out on the remarks on Wednesday, saying Trump's "casual inciting of violence" shows he does not have the temperament to be president.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Trump also said Obamacare, high taxes and regulation are stifling business in the United States.
    He said regulations are "making it virtually impossible to start new businesses, and a lot of old businesses are being hurt very badly."
    we don't want to talk about the mundane operations of the country.. sell the sizzle instead of the steak.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    we don't want to talk about the mundane operations of the country.. sell the sizzle instead of the steak.
    Is that new?? NO, it isn't... His next victim or stupid comment, now that will be news.......... It is what it is-A BUSINESS!!
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Trump just confirmed every Republican's worst fear

2 Hours Ago|00:59

Donald Trump told CNBC on Thursday he will either win with his frank and uncensored style of campaigning or enjoy a "very, very nice long vacation."

Republicans have long hoped Trump will pivot on his behavior, but in the "Squawk Box" interview, he said:

"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth. And if at the end of 90 days, I've fallen short because I'm somewhat politically correct even though I'm supposed to be the smart one and even though I'm supposed to have a lot of good ideas, it's OK. I go back to a very good way of life."

A string of unfavorable poll numbers and growing opposition from within his own party's congressional membership have made Republicans increasingly nervous that they have toxic nominee on their hands that could endanger the party's future.

In the wide-ranging phone interview, Trump insisted that President Barack Obama "absolutely" founded ISIS. He also discussed economic issues including regulation and infrastructure spending.

Trump initially made the ISIS comments on Wednesday.

Asked about them, he doubled down and said "[Obama] was the founder of ISIS absolutely, the way he removed our troops. ... I call them co-founders," he added, referring to his Democratic presidential opponent, Hillary Clinton.

Trump also stood by his remarks about the Second Amendment that Democrats interpreted as calling for violence against Clinton.

"On the Second Amendment everybody came to my defense because there was nothing said wrong. I'm talking about the power of the voter," Trump told CNBC. "Only the haters tried to grab onto that one."

However, Trump allowed for the possibility that his uncensored views may not result in a win.

"I think we're going to have victory, but we'll see," Trump said. "At the end it's either going to work or I'm going to have a very, very nice long vacation."

The GOP presidential nominee also addressed criticism that he had made a mistake when it came to comments about the Muslim parents of a fallen American soldier, saying "it's been put to bed for a long time." The controversy erupted after Khizr and Ghazala Khan appeared at the Democratic Convention on July 28.

"Obamacare is devastating businesses, I get it all the time," he said.

Trump's comments came during a stretch in which he has sought to focus on his campaign's economic message amid a series of controversies.

He laid out his economic plans in a speech in Detroit on Monday, but he has spent much of the week fighting off criticism for his subsequent comments about the Second Amendment.

Clinton called him out on the remarks on Wednesday, saying Trump's "casual inciting of violence" shows he does not have the temperament to be president.
    Albeit that he said it is a crass manner but he is absolutely right. Obama was instrumental in allowing ISIS to come into being, there is no way you can deny that.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Is that new?? NO, it isn't... His next victim or stupid comment, now that will be news.......... It is what it is-A BUSINESS!!
    It's a rigged game, as Bernie said.
    when Clinton comes up for criticism, it's pushed down below the fold -when Trump says something it's amped up for a 3 day news cycle.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 20 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post
    Albeit that he said it is a crass manner but he is absolutely right. Obama was instrumental in allowing ISIS to come into being, there is no way you can deny that.
    Isis was founded under Bush's watch.
    http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/12/01/former-military-official-says-george-w-bush-created-isis

Poor Borbo
    ARREST TRUMPF!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Legionthecat For This Post:

Bill (08-11-2016)

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

It's a rigged game, as Bernie said. when Clinton comes up for criticism, it's pushed down below the fold -when Trump says something it's amped up for a 3 day news cycle.
    Maybe if you looked at something besides alt-right blogs, you'd see the Clinton Foundation story is very prominently being covered.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legionthecat View Post
    Isis was founded under Bush's watch.
    http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/12/01/former-military-official-says-george-w-bush-created-isis

Poor Borbo
    You are a fuckwit on steroids, go fuck yourself Twatsky.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 20 Times in 20 Posts

You are a fuckwit on steroids, go fuck yourself Twatsky.
    Borbo hates factual links that deflate his empty rhetoric so he responds with predictable profanity and ad hominem.
    In the end that is all he has.
    Poor Borbo.
    ARREST TRUMPF!

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Grind View Post
    Maybe if you looked at something besides alt-right blogs, you'd see the Clinton Foundation story is very prominently being covered.
    I watched the NYTimes and WaPo ( which is mainstream/leftish ) pretty much all day yesterday and it wasn't "prominent".
    In fact I couldn't find it much past 12:00 EDT.

Now it's back again August 10 at 9:42 PM..
    I wonder if they are kicking out of the first day's newscycle, and then putting it back in as old news the next day?

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

For example, the State Department confirmed this week that it recently received thousands of additional documents, including emails, that had been requested from the recently concluded FBI investigation of whether Clinton’s use of private email servers violated national security standards.

Clinton had said previously that she turned over all documents related to official State Department business from her private account. However, subsequent inquiries by the FBI and Judicial Watch turned up additional official communications that apparently were not turned over previously.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...mepage%2Fstory

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

I watched the NYTimes and WaPo ( which is mainstream/leftish ) pretty much all day yesterday and it wasn't "prominent".
    In fact I couldn't find it much past 12:00 EDT.
    You weren't looking, because the story is on both of their websites right now.

Here's another criticism of the Hildebeast: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2016/08/11/daily-202-hillary-clinton-s-agenda-would-flounder-in-congress-here-are-seven-reasons-why/57abd94bcd249a2fe363ba11/

And another: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/11/us/politics/hillary-clinton-emails-clinton-foundation-gilbert-chagoury.html?ref=politics

Don't lie so much.

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

^ as mentioned.."it's baaack"

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

LEt me break this down to the manufactured scandals.

[1] Donald Trump told CNBC on Thursday he will either win with his frank and uncensored style of campaigning or enjoy a "very, very nice long vacation."

[2] "[Obama] was the founder of ISIS absolutely, the way he removed our troops. ... I call them co-founders," he added, referring to his Democratic presidential opponent, Hillary Clinton.

[3] "On the Second Amendment everybody came to my defense because there was nothing said wrong. I'm talking about the power of the voter," Trump told CNBC. "Only the haters tried to grab onto that one."

[4] The controversy erupted after Khizr and Ghazala Khan appeared at the Democratic Convention on July 28.

[5] "Obamacare is devastating businesses, I get it all the time," he said.
    1. Good attitude. Unlike The Vagina, he has a life without politics.
    2, 3, 5. Absolutely true.
    4. Had Clinton said that the press would never had

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I personally blame Toni Blair...lol