Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trumpf if I don't win, the game is rigged~as more repubs abandon the SS trumpf

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default trumpf if I don't win, the game is rigged~as more repubs abandon the SS trumpf

Didn't the dirty don accuse the GOP of the same or something similar?? If he can't win, nobody wins, he is more than willing to take the country down w/ him

Trump suggests general election could be 'rigged'

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has suggested that he fears the general election "is going to be rigged" — an unprecedented assertion by a modern presidential candidate.

Trump's extraordinary claim — one he did not back up with any immediate evidence — would, if it became more than just an offhand comment, seem to threaten the tradition of peacefully contested elections and challenge the very essence of a fair democratic process.

"I'm afraid the election is going to be rigged, I have to be honest," the Republican nominee told a town hall crowd in Columbus, Ohio on Monday. He added that he has been hearing "more and more" that the election may not be contested fairly, though he did not elaborate further.

Trump made the claim after first suggesting that the Democrats had fixed their primary system so Hillary Clinton could defeat Bernie Sanders. Trump has previously backed up that thought by pointing to hacked emails from the national party that appeared to indicate a preference for Clinton. Still, the former secretary of state received 3.7 million more votes than Sanders nationwide and had established a clear lead in delegates by March 1.

The celebrity businessman — who has been known to dabble in conspiracy theories, including claims that President Barack Obama was not born in the United States and, more recently, that Sen. Ted Cruz's father was an associate of President John F. Kennedy's assassin — also claimed that the Republican nomination would have been stolen from him had he not won by significant margins.

He then asserted that November's general election may not be on the up-and-up.

He repeated the charge Monday night on Fox News Channel's "Hannity," saying: "November 8th, we'd better be careful, because that election is going to be rigged. And I hope the Republicans are watching closely or it's going to be taken away from us."

Requests to Trump's campaign for additional explanation were not returned.

The statement could be an effort by Trump to lay the groundwork of an excuse if he goes on to lose the general election. But if he were to be defeated in November and then publicly declare that the election results were bogus, his claim could yield unpredictable reactions from his supporters and fellow Republicans.

Trump has not been shy about asserting that the electoral process has been "rigged."

It became a frequent catchphrase of his during a low-water mark of his primary campaign this spring, when forces allied with Cruz managed to pack state delegations with supporters of the Texas senator. Trump also asserted that the Republican Party had changed the delegate allocation in the Florida primary to favor a native candidate, like Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio, at Trump's expense.

In recent weeks, in an effort to woo angry Sanders supporters to his campaign, Trump has made the claim that the Democrats' process was also rigged. Monday night, Trump said Sanders "made a deal with the devil," and said of Clinton, "She's the devil."

The Clinton campaign declined to comment about Trump's remarks.

The event in Ohio was Trump's first campaign appearance since the onset of his tussle with the parents of a slain Army veteran, but he did not address the flap. He spoke for nearly an hour Monday in Columbus, but did not mention his criticism of Khizr and Ghazala Khan, Muslims whose son was killed in Iraq in 2004.

The Khans spoke out against Trump and questioned his familiarity with the Constitution last week at the Democratic National Convention. Trump struck back by questioning whether Ghazala Khan had been allowed to speak. She said she is still too grief-stricken by her son's death.

Trump criticized the family in an interview Sunday and again in a pair of tweets Monday morning. Asked on MSNBC Monday whether Trump should apologize, Ghazala Khan said, "I don't want to hear anything from him and I don't want to say anything to him."

But his running mate, Mike Pence, quieted a campaign rally crowd Monday that booed a woman who said she had a son who serves in the U.S. Air Force and asked how he can tolerate what she called Trump's disrespect of American servicemen.

Pence asked the Nevada crowd to quiet down, then said about the questioner: "That's what freedom looks like. That's what freedom sounds like."

He continued: "Capt. Khan is an American hero. We honor him and his family ... we cherish his family." He added that Trump had great respect for veterans.

___

What political news is the world searching for on Google and talking about on Twitter? Find out via AP's Election Buzz interactive. http://elections.ap.org/buzz

On Tuesday, Richard Hanna of New York became the first Republican congressman to publicly declare that he would vote for Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Mr Hanna called Mr Trump "a national embarrassment".

Other Republicans have distanced themselves from Mr Trump or withheld their support.

Mr Trump's statements and policies about women, undocumented immigrants and Muslims have unsettled many Republican Party leaders.

Mr Hanna, who is retiring in November, said he had been considering voting for Mrs Clinton for months, but Mr Trump's recent comments about Khizr and Ghazala Khan had finally persuaded him.

At last week's Democratic National Convention, Mr Khan, the father of a Muslim US soldier killed in Iraq, criticised Mr Trump's plan to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the US.

Mr Trump responded by attacking the Gold Star family, the term for families that lost a relative in war. Democratic and Republican leaders as well as veteran groups quickly condemned him.

"I hope Americans understand that the remarks do not represent the views of our Republican Party, its officers, or candidates," said Arizona Senator John McCain, a Vietnam War veteran and former prisoner of war.

On Monday, Sally Bradshaw, a top adviser to former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, said that Mr Trump's candidacy had convinced her to leave the Republican Party.

Ms Bradshaw said she would vote for Mrs Clinton if it looked as if Mr Trump could win her home state of Florida.

Until recently, many Republicans opposed to Mr Trump stopped short of supporting Mrs Clinton, saying they would vote for a third party and write-in candidate.

Mrs Clinton has been actively courting moderate Republicans in recent weeks. Her convention featured several Republican and independent speakers, including former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg.
    Republicans not voting for Mr Trump

Barbara Bush, former first lady
    Jeb Bush, former Florida governor, 2016 presidential candidate
    William Cohen, former secretary of defence
    Jeff Flake, Arizona senator
    Lindsey Graham, South Carolina senator, 2016 presidential candidate
    Larry Hogan, Maryland governor
    John Kasich, Ohio governor, 2016 presidential candidate
    Mark Kirk, Illinois senator
    Mitt Romney, former Massachusetts governor, 2012 Republican presidential nominee
    Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Florida congresswoman
    Ben Sasse, Nebraska senator

Republicans voting for Mrs Clinton

Richard Armitage, former deputy secretary of state
    Hank Paulson, former treasury secretary
    Brent Scowcroft, former national security adviser
    Richard Hanna, New York congressman
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

The new NBC News/Survey Monkey Tracking Poll finds Clinton now leading Trump by 50-42 among registered voters nationally, which is up from a one point race last week. With the minor party candidates factored in, she leads by 42-38.

It is perhaps not a coincidence that Trump has suddenly stopped tweeting about polls at precisely the moment that he is escalating his efforts to cast doubt, in advance, on the legitimacy of the general election’s outcome.

Trump and his supporters have now said in a series of new public remarks that the outcome of the election is likely to be “rigged.” Yesterday, on the campaign trail, Trump said: “I’m afraid the election’s going to be rigged. I have to be honest.”

Meanwhile, longtime Trump confidante Roger Stone is explicitly encouraging Trump to make this case to his supporters.

“I think we have widespread voter fraud, but the first thing that Trump needs to do is begin talking about it constantly,” Stone told a friendly interviewer, adding that Trump should start saying this: “If there’s voter fraud, this election will be illegitimate, the election of the winner will be illegitimate, we will have a constitutional crisis, widespread civil disobedience, and the government will no longer be the government.”

Stone also said: “I think he’s gotta put them on notice that their inauguration will be a rhetorical, and when I mean civil disobedience, not violence, but it will be a bloodbath.”

Trump will only amplify this idea if the polls show that he is going to lose.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/08/02/donald-trump-begins-contemplating-the-unthinkable-he-might-lose/?tid=pm_opinions_pop_b

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hopefully ppl ask themselves why?? Why would there be a need for that??

Why would they need to rig the election & I guess ever single poll being taken, when they have don out their wrecking his campaign every time he opens his big mouth..

He has attacked to many ppl, especially in his own party.. Why should they support a man who insulted you, shit on you & your party, he has essentially usurped the GOP & made it the trump party, tea baggers & all.......

While there are still sheeppl that would follow the devil himself into the abyss if he was the nom, I am very pleased to see that their are real men & women in that party willing to stand up to the tyrant & vote/act on their own consciences.......

GOD BLESS AMERICA, & ESPECIALLY CALIFORNIA Oh & God save the Queen, oh & the homeless, the sick, the aged, the women, the non-rapist Mexicans, the good Muslims, the Vets, captured as well as not captured, & those willing to stand up to dirty don & his minions & especially those whom his cold heat fills w/ vitriol hatred for, merely for opposing him..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He told a rally in Columbus, Ohio, that he had heard "more and more" that the contest would be unfair. He offered no evidence.

On the forthcoming vote, he told supporters "I'm afraid the election is going to be rigged, I have to be honest".

He later repeated the claim on Fox News, adding "I hope the Republicans are watching closely or it's going to be taken away from us.".

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36950083

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think the last dude says it all~he can do no wrong~"I'm votin for him anyway"...

Him or his ppl make a mistake & the fire marshal & the whole state is conspiring against him, a huge plot to keep an extra couple hundred ppl out of there..

What an asshole. How long before he goes postal on air??

I bet there must be odds on this in Vegas??

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How long 'til the Trumpkins start crying about campaign funding?

Hillary Clinton soared to her best fundraising month of the election in July, raising nearly $90 million, her campaign announced Tuesday.

She started August with more than $58 million in cash reserves as she and Trump hurtle toward what will be an expensive general election.

Clinton's haul swamps the $35.8 million Trump said he raised. His campaign has not disclosed how much money he has.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/08/02/hillary-clinton-and-democratic-party-raise-nearly-90-million/87947110/

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,195 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Troll View Post

Hillary Clinton soared to her best fundraising month of the election in July, raising nearly $90 million, her campaign announced Tuesday.

She started August with more than $58 million in cash reserves as she and Trump hurtle toward what will be an expensive general election.

Clinton's haul swamps the $35.8 million Trump said he raised. His campaign has not disclosed how much money he has.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/08/02/hillary-clinton-and-democratic-party-raise-nearly-90-million/87947110/
    I have been getting a lot of robocalls, that is how Trump is spending his money. I have a tendency to think those make people angry instead of helping. They usually come at our dinner hour.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-02-2016)

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Troll View Post

Those plotters~I mean donors are evil & probably rapist & ugly UP THEIRS & YOURS TO HILLARY!!!
    Last edited by Bill; 08-02-2016 at 04:56 PM.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,910 Times in 21,670 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think he is starting to see the writing on the wall, hhas to make his excuses early.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I have been getting a lot of robocalls, that is how Trump is spending his money. I have a tendency to think those make people angry instead of helping. They usually come at our dinner hour.
    I haven't gotten any here in Calif...... I guess dirty don isn't going to throw other ppl's money @ a lost cause..

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I think he is starting to see the writing on the wall, hhas to make his excuses early.
    Exactly, to save face.

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Already making excuses.

He knows where this thing is headed. Honestly, I don't think he wants to win.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-02-2016)

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Already making excuses.

He knows where this thing is headed. Honestly, I don't think he wants to win.
    I don't either, I am beginning to think that his objective is to destroy the Republican Party and has been the whole time.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I don't either, I am beginning to think that his objective is to destroy the Republican Party and has been the whole time.
    If that's it, he's doing an outstanding job. For people in their 20's or younger, he is defining the GOP. Most aren't liking what they're seeing.

I actually think he just cares about his brand.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Jarod (08-02-2016)