Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Veterans for Trump

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Default Veterans for Trump

Why do veterans support Trump? Do they really think he will change the republican party's policies? Trump like so many republicans was a draft dodger. Lots of men were, I've only met one in my life who was honest and admitted getting a exemption. And while the lower classes served, the upper classes hide. And face it folks, bringing back the draft would create more crying than a Dear John. When Trump beats his chest like some superman, I have to laugh, when he had the chance to serve he too hide. So why the support? And this question is about policy, not the usual equivalency apologetic rebuttal.

http://usuncut.com/politics/happy-ve...ewed-veterans/

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/...-business.html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/1...rting-veterans

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/v...tion/71312038/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/politi...rans-benefits/

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/11/...-veterans.html

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home -but not for housing. They are strong for labor - but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage - the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all - but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine - for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing - but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing - so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it." Harry S. Truman
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Bill (07-21-2016)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Interesting that no one commented - take note that liberals agree and abide with the 1st amendment and allow all voices, but none spoke. So then it stands, republicans do nothing for veterans. Case dismissed.

PS If anyone ever feels I have neglected their profound argument in any thread, please PM me, I'd love to check out your words.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Perhaps it is that "throw the first stone" thing?? Most of them probably didn't serve either...........

After what he said about McCain I can't see why any Vet would support a man like that to be commander & chief..

But you look hard enough you can find fools more than willing to suckUP to a rich dodger like him..

His personal attack on McCain is all one need to know about how he feels those that served while he sat around drinking & chasing girls..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,700 Times in 33,596 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,061 Times in 4,679 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Why do veterans support Trump? Do they really think he will change the republican party's policies? Trump like so many republicans was a draft dodger. Lots of men were, I've only met one in my life who was honest and admitted getting a exemption. And while the lower classes served, the upper classes hide. And face it folks, bringing back the draft would create more crying than a Dear John. When Trump beats his chest like some superman, I have to laugh, when he had the chance to serve he too hide. So why the support? And this question is about policy, not the usual equivalency apologetic rebuttal.

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home -but not for housing. They are strong for labor - but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage - the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all - but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine - for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing - but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing - so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it." Harry S. Truman
    I have had the great fortune to see some of Bud's friends apologize to him because he served and they took exemptions. Those men are still his very good friends to this day.

I do not understand veterans supporting the Republican party. Trump's campaign has already shown how they will treat vets, they delayed handing out the charity checks, they will be ineffective in getting the Republicans to do anything for the vets.

If Trump is President we may see lawsuits against Congress triple.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

midcan5 (07-21-2016)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 552 Times in 487 Posts

Because he wants to stop unnecessary wars that america's government wont allow the soldiers to win and go on forever.

That's why veterans support Trump.
    MAGA IS ALIVE AND WELL.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Interesting that no one commented - take note that liberals agree and abide with the 1st amendment and allow all voices, but none spoke. So then it stands, republicans do nothing for veterans. Case dismissed.

PS If anyone ever feels I have neglected their profound argument in any thread, please PM me, I'd love to check out your words.
    You liberals want to tax the churches and use political correctness to silence free speech. You don't support the first amendment anymore than you support the second amendment.

You also reject the country's states rights document, the country's first important, and most important document.
    MAGA IS ALIVE AND WELL.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philly rabbit View Post
    Because he wants to stop unnecessary wars that america's government wont allow the soldiers to win and go on forever.

That's why veterans support Trump.
    & I agree w/ that....... What I do not agree w/ is the utter disrespect he has shown to ppl like McCain......... I don't care one bit for McCain, but what trumpf did to him & will not apologize for his simply shameful & shows what a real POS he is.........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You liberals want to tax the churches and use political correctness to silence free speech. You don't support the first amendment anymore than you support the second amendment.

You also reject the country's states rights document, the country's first important, and most important document.
    This is hilarious, you try to stifle free speech all the time on here, telling people to shut up and not reply to you! You make me laugh!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Bill (07-23-2016)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    & I agree w/ that....... What I do not agree w/ is the utter disrespect he has shown to ppl like McCain......... I don't care one bit for McCain, but what trumpf did to him & will not apologize for his simply shameful & shows what a real POS he is.........
    McCain managed to get his multi million dollar plane shot down. Then he went to a prison and went through some torture. He's borderline hero in my book. If he would have been an infantry grunt, they would have probably (most likely) shot him. McCain is lucky he was a fly boy.

The heroes have their names etched on that wall in Washington DC. They're the only real heroes. I'm sure Trump would agree with me.
    MAGA IS ALIVE AND WELL.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    This is hilarious, you try to stifle free speech all the time on here, telling people to shut up and not reply to you! You make me laugh!
    I never tell anybody to shut up on here except trolls like you. I never attack anybody on here unless I get attacked first .. like the way you did on the OJ Simpson thread out of nowhere.

You despise free speech and you hate what I have to say here and think I have no right to say it like your boyfriend thee dee does. He's been trolling me since my join date. The both of you use censorship to silence your enemies so don't sit there and lie through your teeth about me launching personal slander.
    MAGA IS ALIVE AND WELL.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

McCain managed to get his multi million dollar plane shot down. Then he went to a prison and went through some torture. He's borderline hero in my book. If he would have been an infantry grunt, they would have probably (most likely) shot him. McCain is lucky he was a fly boy.

The heroes have their names etched on that wall in Washington DC. They're the only real heroes. I'm sure Trump would agree with me.
    You didn't say anything about the disrespect from the trumpf?? Should he apologize or not??

It prob helped that his dad was a big shot, but maybe made it worse??

??Not sure why you would say that. Having been in the military you know full well he was following orders......

He didn't wake up & decide to go here or there to bomb ppl on his own......

Neither of us are McCain fans but he was there, time & place as a result of following orders, hard to fault the man for that........

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I apologize, I forgot this was APP.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,747 Times in 32,119 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why do veterans support Trump?
    because Democrats suck.....

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    You didn't say anything about the disrespect from the trumpf?? Should he apologize or not??

It prob helped that his dad was a big shot, but maybe made it worse??

??Not sure why you would say that. Having been in the military you know full well he was following orders......

He didn't wake up & decide to go here or there to bomb ppl on his own......

Neither of us are McCain fans but he was there, time & place as a result of following orders, hard to fault the man for that........
    No I don't think Trump should apologize because McCain didn't do anything heroic .. in Trump's opinion and actually my opinion. What McCain did was honorable, he fought honorably, but I wouldn't put the hero label on him too much. I think it's individual, some think he's a hero, some don't.
    MAGA IS ALIVE AND WELL.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No I don't think Trump should apologize because McCain didn't do anything heroic .. in Trump's opinion and actually my opinion. What McCain did was honorable, he fought honorably, but I wouldn't put the hero label on him too much. I think it's individual, some think he's a hero, some don't.
    IMHO he should but we can agree to disagree......

I agree that being shot down does not make him a hero, no more than just serving somehow does but he went through a lot of shit & deserves much better than what he got from trumpf...Have a fun Saturday.........