Members banned from this thread: evince, PostmodernProphet, Rune, canceled.2021.1, MAGA MAN, CFM, Ralph, Elvis, Seahawk, Canceled 2016.4, dnsmith1935 and Badlaama

Thread: New video shows shooting was justified

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

Default New video shows shooting was justified

Despite demands that he "Show both hands!" and shouts that "You're going to get shot man!" a 19-year-old in California refused to pull one hand from behind his back and to stop walking toward Fresno police. Officers then shot him four times, killing him.

Dramatic and graphic body-camera video shows the man, identified as Dylan Noble, was struck twice after he already had gone down from the first two bullets.

"Get on the ground now!" officers continually shout at Noble in the video released by police Wednesday. One yells: "Drop whatever you have in your hand!"

It turned out Noble, who was white, was unarmed and had only a small, empty plastic container with an unknown purpose in his hand, police Chief Jerry Dyer said. Officers, who had been looking for a man with a gun when they pulled him over, had no way of knowing that with his refusal to cooperate, Dyer saud,

One officer shot him twice as Noble yelled that he hated his life. He was still moving his arms, and officers were still shouting for him to stop, as he lay on the ground. Another shot from the same officer and a fourth from a second officer finally made him stop.

The video shows Noble first draws officers' attention when he screeched his truck's tires while they were searching for an armed man.

Noble pulls into a gas station, and officers order him to put both hands out of the window. Noble puts his left hand out the window, concealing his right hand, and officers shout "both your hands!"

Noble gets out of the truck and walks away from officers, at first putting both hands in the air. He turns around and walks toward officers, raising his left hand but putting his right hand behind his back.

He continues to walk toward officers with his right hand concealed and his left hand in the air when the shots began coming.

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2016-07-14/in-video-california-man-ignores-police-demands-and-is-shot

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

the first two shots, i consider justified. the last two..........should be murder.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanFew View Post
    the first two shots, i consider justified. the last two..........should be murder.
    He did appear to be reaching under his clothes for something.

It's being investigated.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Troll View Post
    He did appear to be reaching under his clothes for something.

It's being investigated.
    and i'm sure that the police will investigate themselves and find that they were well within department policies by killing an injured individual who may or may not have had any idea what to do anymore.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanFew View Post
    and i'm sure that the police will investigate themselves and find that they were well within department policies by killing an injured individual who may or may not have had any idea what to do anymore.
    There will be a federal investigation, as you'd know if you'd bothered to acquaint yourself with the facts before erupting.

The FBI and the U.S. attorney general’s office also have agreed to investigate the shooting.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-fresno-police-shooting-video-20160713-snap-story.html

I predict that won't be good enough for you either.

Did you not see the suspect moving his hand under his clothing despite repeated commands to stop?

Looked to me like his failure to comply led to the final two shots.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There will be a federal investigation, as you'd know if you'd bothered to acquaint yourself with the facts before erupting.

The FBI and the U.S. attorney general’s office also have agreed to investigate the shooting.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-fresno-police-shooting-video-20160713-snap-story.html

extreme carelessness vs. gross negligence adds up to no charges. why should I trust the feds again???????

Did you not see the suspect moving his hand under his clothing despite repeated commands to stop?

which is why I said that the first two shots were justified, or did you not bother to read that part? if people think that simply following directions is easy after you've been shot twice, then I challenge those retards to be shot twice and try to follow directions from a screaming idiot cop.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,806 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 431 Times in 393 Posts

Didn't you say the police don't shoot white people?

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Taft2016 View Post
    Didn't you say the police don't shoot white people?
    No, Officer. I did not.