Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: California 1 - Kansas 0

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,611 Times in 7,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,966 Times in 1,782 Posts

Default California 1 - Kansas 0

Bill Maher rubs California’s prosperity in the GOP’s face: ‘Scoreboard, b*tches!’

With California en route to becoming the world’s fifth-biggest economy — “Thanks, England!” he quipped — Bill Maher closed Real Time on Friday by gloating over the economic failures gripping other states thanks to their own governors.

“After Arnold [Schwarzenegger] left office, we eliminated what scientists would call variables — in this case, the Republicans,” he explained. “Democrats from governor on down control every office and voting body in this state. So we can really study what happens when liberal policies are tried unimpeded. And the only thing I have to say to Republicans about that is: scoreboard, b*tches.”

While the GOP argued that “cap-and-trade” policies would lead to a surge in utility prices, Maher argued, the fact was that California boasted some of the country’s most affordable electric bills.

“I oughta know, because I use a lot of juice in my basement to grow my … orchids,” he joked.

By comparison, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback’s (R) tax cut-driven policies favoring the rich pulled that state into a recession.

“When he took office, [Brownback] said, ‘We’ve got a different way and it works.’ — and by ‘works,’ he meant it works the night shift at Del Taco,” Maher said, adding, “The band Kansas has more money.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/bill...eboard-btches/
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZappasGuitar For This Post:

Bill (07-02-2016), Leonthecat (07-02-2016)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 65 Posts

Why don't you be honest and compare Texas. Who is in Sacramento has little bearing on the State's wealth.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    Bill Maher rubs California’s prosperity in the GOP’s face: ‘Scoreboard, b*tches!’

With California en route to becoming the world’s fifth-biggest economy — “Thanks, England!” he quipped — Bill Maher closed Real Time on Friday by gloating over the economic failures gripping other states thanks to their own governors.

“After Arnold [Schwarzenegger] left office, we eliminated what scientists would call variables — in this case, the Republicans,” he explained. “Democrats from governor on down control every office and voting body in this state. So we can really study what happens when liberal policies are tried unimpeded. And the only thing I have to say to Republicans about that is: scoreboard, b*tches.”

While the GOP argued that “cap-and-trade” policies would lead to a surge in utility prices, Maher argued, the fact was that California boasted some of the country’s most affordable electric bills.

“I oughta know, because I use a lot of juice in my basement to grow my … orchids,” he joked.

By comparison, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback’s (R) tax cut-driven policies favoring the rich pulled that state into a recession.

“When he took office, [Brownback] said, ‘We’ve got a different way and it works.’ — and by ‘works,’ he meant it works the night shift at Del Taco,” Maher said, adding, “The band Kansas has more money.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/bill...eboard-btches/
    got debt?.....

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

LOL, yeah because California and Kansas are the exact same states.

That's pathetic. Funny how liberals love to cry about economic inequality yet we have that here in spades. Funny how liberals claim to be for the middle class and working man yet the middle class is being priced out of California. And funny how in California we have great economic highs and really bad economic lows as if anyone who has lived here doesn't know that.

But as Zap likes to say Maher is just another typical hypocritical tightie leftie

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (07-02-2016)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

That's pathetic. Funny how liberals love to cry about economic inequality yet we have that here in spades. Funny how liberals claim to be for the middle class and working man yet the middle class is being priced out of California. And funny how in California we have great economic highs and really bad economic lows as if anyone who has lived here doesn't know that.

But as Zap likes to say Maher is just another typical hypocritical tightie leftie
    Do you really take anything seriously from someone who gets their news from Bill Maher

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Funny how you simply ignore the facts of this article to instead whine some more about unrelated subjects.

Funny how you just can't bring yourself to admit that it was Kansas Governor Brownback's failed policies that put Kansas in the enormous financial hole they find themselves in.

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ZappasGuitar For This Post:

Leonthecat (07-02-2016)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Islam Sucks View Post
    Do you really take anything seriously from someone who gets their news from Bill Maher
    ROFL!

I figured a poster who has demonstrated time after time that he's just too chickenshit to engage me personally wouldn't be up to responding to the FACTS.

Cali ROCKS thanks to DEMOCRAT policies!

Kansas SUCKS thanks to REPUBLICAN policies.

Suck it,crybaby!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ZappasGuitar For This Post:

Leonthecat (07-02-2016)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Funny how you simply ignore the facts of this article to instead whine some more about unrelated subjects.

Funny how you just can't bring yourself to admit that it was Kansas Governor Brownback's failed policies that put Kansas in the enormous financial hole they find themselves in.
    Because it's an apples and oranges comparison. So Maher talks about California policies winning but it's unrelated to talk about those policies? Makes total sense Zap.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

I think the less prosperous states have the same problem as greece, spain, portugal etc. They have a currency that is too strong for their respective economies. It prevents them from being competetive with the third world.

One of the advantages I see of protectionism is that instead of moving a factory to india whenever a company in california wants lower wages they would move it to kansas instead.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because it's an apples and oranges comparison. So Maher talks about California policies winning but it's unrelated to talk about those policies? Makes total sense Zap.
    Except you have yet to discuss California policies.

You've gone off on rants concerning the middle class and income inequality, but you haven't once touched on California's economic policies.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ZappasGuitar For This Post:

Leonthecat (07-02-2016)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Except you have yet to discuss California policies.

You've gone off on rants concerning the middle class and income inequality, but you haven't once touched on California's economic policies.
    The headline of your article says Maher rubs California prosperity. Would you like to tell us how he defines prosperity? He's talking about the results of California policies. So am I. This isn't rocket science.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    I think the less prosperous states have the same problem as greece, spain, portugal etc. They have a currency that is too strong for their respective economies. It prevents them from being competetive with the third world.

One of the advantages I see of protectionism is that instead of moving a factory to india whenever a company in california wants lower wages they would move it to kansas instead.
    This happened in the 19th and early 20th century. You are behind the times my man.

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 65 Posts

ROFL!

I figured a poster who has demonstrated time after time that he's just too chickenshit to engage me personally wouldn't be up to responding to the FACTS.

Cali ROCKS thanks to DEMOCRAT policies!

Kansas SUCKS thanks to REPUBLICAN policies.

Suck it,crybaby!
    Wonder why the lying coward refuses to discuss Texas.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

This happened in the 19th and early 20th century. You are behind the times my man.
    States compete for jobs now too. Low wage states frequently benefit - I'm thinking of all the new auto plants that have come to the south.
    Some of it is "incentives ", but much of it is lower wages/unions, and less onerous regulations

Manufacturing jobs making a comeback in southern U.S.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/business/manu...-u-s-1C7660234

The South Rises Again! (In Automobile Manufacturing, that is)
    http://www.newgeography.com/content/...-manufacturing