Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Support for Scottish independence up to 53% post-Brexit

http://www.scotsman.com/news/support...exit-1-4164772

Support for Scottish independence up to 53% post-Brexit

BREXIT has resulted in an increase in support for Scottish independence, a new opinion poll has indicated.

The Survation poll, conducted in the wake of last week’s EU referendum, suggests some No voters have changed their minds following the UK’s decision to leave the European Union.

The survey for the Daily Mail found 47 per cent would vote Yes in a second independence referendum, with 41 per cent for No and 12 per cent undecided.

When the “don’t knows” are stripped out, 53 per cent back Yes and 47 per cent back No.

It is one of several polls conducted after the EU ballot showing majority support for independence.

Leave won 52 per cent of the vote in last week’s EU referendum, although 62 per cent of Scottish voters backed Remain.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has vowed to explore every option to protect Scotland’s place in the EU, stating a second independence ballot will be put forward by the Scottish Government if it emerges as the “best or only” way of achieving this.

Survation quizzed 1,055 adults between June 24 and June 28.

The poll also revealed that 35 per cent of SNP voters backed the Leave campaign, 47 per cent want a second independence referendum and 52 per cent agree with Ms Sturgeon it would be “democratically unacceptable” for Scotland to leave the EU.

An online poll, carried out in the aftermath of the EU vote, had support for Scottish independence at 59 per cent based on the question “If there was a referendum tomorrow with the question ‘Should Scotland be an independence country?’ how would you vote?”
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

moon (07-02-2016), Phantasmal (07-02-2016)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

It's only a matter of time before all the vassal states of perfidious Albion free themselves from their loathsome Limey liege lords.

Repulsive racist Rightists are still thumping the tub for immigrant-bashing in benighted Blighty.

Britain First‘s campaign against supposed illegal migrant camps in Sherwood Forest has been described as “nonsensical fantasy” by Nottinghamshire County Council.

Seven hundred complaints have been lodged after the far-right group called on its followers to take action against what is actually a treehouse built by some kids in 2010.

Despite the true nature of the “camps” being widely reported, Jayda Fransen and the gang released a video showing them posting leaflets through letterboxes and chatting to locals.

County council leader Alan Rhodes told the BBC: “The story is fantasy. It’s untrue and actually I’m very concerned because Sherwood Forest Country Park is a lovely safe place for families to go and enjoy a day out.

“I would encourage people to do that and to ignore these nonsensical stories of migrant camps.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/britain-firsts-sherwood-forest-campaign_uk_5777ec81e4b0c9460800da36?edition=uk&ut m_hp_ref=uk

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,512 Times in 6,255 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thousands at 'March for Europe' Brexit protest

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36692990

Scotland will remain European at the expense of the Brexit morons.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Professor Brian Cox has outlined why he thinks the ‘anti-expert‘ stance taken by Michael Gove during the run up to the EU referendum is so wrong.

While campaigning for the leave camp, the Tory MP declared “people in this country have had enough of experts” and even compared them to the Nazis who orchestrated a smear campaign against Albert Einstein in the 1930s.

Cox unsurprisingly took issue with the sentiment.

He said: “It’s entirely wrong, and it’s the road back to the cave. The way we got out of the caves and into modern civilization is through the process of understanding and thinking. Those things were not done by gut instinct. Being an expert does not mean that you are someone with a vested interest in something; it means you spend your life studying something. You’re not necessarily right – but you’re more likely to be right than someone who’s not spent their life studying it.”

Gove’s side won the EU referendum and he sensationally declared his intention to run for the Tory leadership in a move which seriously undermined fellow leave campaigner, Boris Johnson, who was widely believed to be the frontrunner.

Johnson later declared he wouldn’t run capping off an extraordinary week in UK politics.

But Gove’s hopes of becoming prime minister are fading as Andrea Leadsom becomes the favorite to take on Tory leadership front-runner Theresa May.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/professor-brian-cox-michael-gove-experts_uk_5777dceee4b073366f0f20b5?edition=uk&utm _hp_ref=uk

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Blood of Angry Men View Post
    BREXIT has resulted in an increase in support for Scottish independence, a new opinion poll has indicated.
    Then the Scots should shut up and vote, instead of whining and complaining like they always do.

7. The Following User Groans At Mircea For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (07-02-2016)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mircea For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-02-2016), tsuke (07-02-2016)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
    Then the Scots should shut up and vote, instead of whining and complaining like they always do.
    this. call for your referendum and be done with it.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I look forward to the end of the United Kingdom.

The Brits are a stain on the face of the earth.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
    Go vote for Hitler.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

12. The Following 2 Users Groan At FUCK THE POLICE For This Awful Post:

anatta (07-03-2016), cancel2 2022 (07-03-2016)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

this is a great two for 1 deal. I wanted scotland to break away last time for my laughs. Now I get brexit AND scottish independence. awesome.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (07-03-2016)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

UK crash and burn.

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by It's snacktime View Post
    this is a great two for 1 deal. I wanted scotland to break away last time for my laughs. Now I get brexit AND scottish independence. awesome.
    I doubt that Scotland will become independent any time soon. As I keep saying, the EU is not taking in any new members till 2020 and Scotland will have to join the queue, it will not get preferential treatment. They will also find that the Bank of England will insist that they cannot use Sterling as their currency and will have to create their own, so good luck with that!

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Idiots for tyranny

by James Higham • July 2, 2016 • 5 Comments

OK, let’s get this straight. Thousands of people took to the streets to protest against a democratic vote, the result of which might, just might, save them from the tyranny the EU has planned for Europe. At the same time, they demanded the ‘democratic’ right to march. Yes, we say, you have every right to march – that’s why we voted Leave, to preserve that right for you, for us, for the nation. But you’re not happy with that – you want the referendum result overturned and democracy to be taken away. So that you can no longer demonstrate in the streets.

http://www.nourishingobscurity.com/2...s-for-tyranny/

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Troll View Post
    I look forward to the end of the United Kingdom.
    So do a large majority of Scots and almost all of the Irish.

Maria Ressa.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post
    Idiots for tyranny

by James Higham • July 2, 2016 • 5 Comments

OK, let’s get this straight. Thousands of people took to the streets to protest against a democratic vote, the result of which might, just might, save them from the tyranny the EU has planned for Europe. At the same time, they demanded the ‘democratic’ right to march. Yes, we say, you have every right to march – that’s why we voted Leave, to preserve that right for you, for us, for the nation. But you’re not happy with that – you want the referendum result overturned and democracy to be taken away. So that you can no longer demonstrate in the streets.

http://www.nourishingobscurity.com/2...s-for-tyranny/

I've posted a photograph of possibly hundreds of thousands of people demonstrating for Bremain on the streets of London.
    You've posted a photo of a train-load of Hindus on a beano.
    My point here is that you are STILL lying just as you did before the referendum. The result was achieved by Brexit liers- such as yourself- and these lies are of sufficient magnitude to have the result overturned. You believe that democracy's function is based upon lies, Canute. You're a twat.

Maria Ressa.