Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Christian culture compatabel with Western Culture....

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Is Christian culture compatabel with Western Culture....

So I keep hearing this crap about how Liberals should be opposed to Muslims because they are hostile to women's rights and homosexual rights.

Here is my response.... There are groups of Christians who are hostile to women's rights and homosexual rights. I disagree with their positions and their stance.

HOWEVER, I agree that they have every right in America to think like that and to speak about it and to promote their ideology! In fact I would fight for their right to do so! The existence of people with these beliefs is ABSOLUTLY compatible with Western Culture. Its healthy and should be encouraged.

So, in closing I point out that I hold the same standard for Muslims. I may disagree with some of them politically, but stand up for their right to have an opinion different than mine! I wont be voting for people with ideas I disagree with, I will debate them, I will point out the error in their arguments, but I will also protect their rights to make those arguments.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You got nothing?

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

They have nothing, Counselor, except the usual "ISIS is killing gays right now" and "Methodists don't fly planes into buildings" pap.

BTW, you misspelled "compatible".

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They cant seem to understand the concept that while Americans can disagree we still support each other and their right to believe what they chose.

LOCK HIM UP!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    They cant seem to understand the concept that while Americans can disagree we still support each other and their right to believe what they chose.

They worship Bush.

BTW, you misspelled "absolutely".

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Up to the point of being legal. It is legal (under sharia law) to do what is not legal under western law. Since sharia law is one with civil law in muslim states it's hard to argue that flinging homosexuals off buildings or honor killing females is a problem there. But it's incompatible with the west. As Western culture is, a Christian one, Christianity is by definition compatible.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Up to the point of being legal. It is legal (under sharia law) to do what is not legal under western law. Since sharia law is one with civil law in muslim states it's hard to argue that flinging homosexuals off buildings or honor killing females is a problem there. But it's incompatible with the west. As Western culture is, a Christian one, Christianity is by definition compatible.
    Only because Christian acts of faith-based violence are illegal under American law.

You yearn to assault gays, oppress women, and kill blasphemers. Only your fear of the consequences prevents you.

Don't lie.

I notice that you said "it's hard to argue that flinging homosexuals off buildings or honor killing females is a problem".

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, that would be murder, it's a crime. I would agree that anyone doing something like that, including killing abortion doctors, should be inprisoned.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

In my honest opinion no religion is compatible with civilization.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, that would be murder, it's a crime. I would agree that anyone doing something like that, including killing abortion doctors, should be inprisoned.
    Didn't Robert Dear, the Christian terrorist, idolize a man who murdered an abortion doctor?

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

So I keep hearing this crap about how Liberals should be opposed to Muslims because they are hostile to women's rights and homosexual rights.

Here is my response.... There are groups of Christians who are hostile to women's rights and homosexual rights. I disagree with their positions and their stance.

HOWEVER, I agree that they have every right in America to think like that and to speak about it and to promote their ideology! In fact I would fight for their right to do so! The existence of people with these beliefs is ABSOLUTLY compatible with Western Culture. Its healthy and should be encouraged.

So, in closing I point out that I hold the same standard for Muslims. I may disagree with some of them politically, but stand up for their right to have an opinion different than mine! I wont be voting for people with ideas I disagree with, I will debate them, I will point out the error in their arguments, but I will also protect their rights to make those arguments.
    Would we have western culture without Christianity?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Shooter Omar View Post
    Of course.

There were cultures in Europe before the Christian myth, you know.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hussein Omar View Post
    Nope.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nope.
    Yep.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

You got nothing?
    basically you have stated an argument I have never heard anyone raise and said it wasn't a good argument........what do you want me to say?......that these imaginary people who said Christianity isn't compatible with Western culture are wrong?......