Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump Clinton dead locked according to NYT

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Default Trump Clinton dead locked according to NYT

It's still June but I had to get in on the act lol.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/30...ww.google.com/

National polls should be taken with a grain of salt before the conventions but it's fair game to analyze them. Clinton has a slim lead, and it's been fairly consistent, so if you're in her camp that's good news.

But the good news is also the bad news. Trump has had an absolutely miserable June and Hillary isn't getting any consistent separation.

And that's the good news for Trump. He's kind of like the underdog team that keeps hanging around. But he needs a bounce or he's probably going to lose.

Whoever gets the bigger bounce from their respective convention is going to have a head start going into Labor Day.

Then it gets interesting.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Jarod (06-29-2016)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

who knows..it's a long long road.Both their negatives are sky high.
    I like the new Trump -yesterdays speech was good from the little I saw -but Clinton's blandishments tend to soothe voters..

and the RCP average has gone up for Clinton. On the other hand people are really sick of the same old sameness..

It depends if Trump can stay sane for myself at least. since Clinton is an absolute no go.
    ( in other words I have no freaking idea)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    who knows..it's a long long road.Both their negatives are sky high.
    I like the new Trump -yesterdays speech was good from the little I saw -but Clinton's blandishments tend to soothe voters..

and the RCP average has gone up for Clinton. On the other hand people are really sick of the same old sameness..

It depends if Trump can stay sane for myself at least. since Clinton is an absolute no go.
    ( in other words I have no freaking idea)
    He really needs to stop being his own worst enemy. A simple thing like backing off a notch on the rhetoric would go a long way to attracting people like yourself.

There's a huge chunk of undecided voters looking for an excuse to not vote for Hillary. Probably the key to the election.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 20 Times in 20 Posts

Some polls have HRC leading by only 2 or so points. Others have her leading Trump by big double digits. No polls have Trump leading anything. He can't even lead his own companies without them going bankrupt on the taxpayer's dollars. Much more for his investors. More about this as the campaign progresses!!!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZoomZoom For This Post:

midcan5 (06-29-2016), Phantasmal (06-29-2016)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Trump is a clown, a buffoon, that he is even considered for the presidency boggles the mind. It reminds one of brexit, now many of the leave voters realized they have been played. I'm not a great fan of Hillary but one has to be realistic. Americans have to realize that the republican party is no longer a government institution of legislation, law and justice, rather it is an ideological electoral instrument whose goal is opposition to the party system, its goal is power over government as a tool of control. It is a group composed of ideologues, xenophobes, racists, and corporatists, its goals are often spoken in regard to taxes and regulation but ultimately it is the destruction of the American government and the American system of checks and balance. Note the SCOTUS impasse. This started long ago, a bit of the history is contained in book below. Hopefully we don't follow Britain. Are Americans smarter?

"Acrimony and hyperpartisanship have seeped into every part of the political process. Congress is deadlocked and its approval ratings are at record lows. America’s two main political parties have given up their traditions of compromise, endangering our very system of constitutional democracy. And one of these parties has taken on the role of insurgent outlier; the Republicans have become ideologically extreme, scornful of compromise, and ardently opposed to the established social and economic policy regime." http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...-than-it-looks
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Cancel 2016.11 (06-29-2016), Phantasmal (06-29-2016), ZoomZoom (06-29-2016)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Some polls have HRC leading by only 2 or so points. Others have her leading Trump by big double digits. No polls have Trump leading anything. He can't even lead his own companies without them going bankrupt on the taxpayer's dollars. Much more for his investors. More about this as the campaign progresses!!!!!!
    Can I count this as a prediction lol?

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You can count it as anything you like, darth. Bear in mind, however, that you are normally the loser in these conversations.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ZoomZoom For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-29-2016)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hussein Omar View Post
    He really needs to stop being his own worst enemy. A simple thing like backing off a notch on the rhetoric would go a long way to attracting people like yourself.

There's a huge chunk of undecided voters looking for an excuse to not vote for Hillary. Probably the key to the election.
    I'm not thrilled with some of his ideas either. But since Clinton is such a warhawk, and globalist for trade ( whatever her shapeshifting as of late)-
    it's Trump or3rd party.

Plus it's a very good idea to sweep out the entrenched bureaucrats.
    Look at the State Dept - really nothing more then a servile Hilary crew at Foggy Bottom
    Other like EPA over-reach.. they all need a timeout.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Darth Omar (06-29-2016)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The positives for voting FOR HRC are overwhelming. We'll all see in November if not before. Very few ever thought her hubby would be elected POTUS either. He was humorously known as a local yokel from Arkansas!!!!!!!!! Hilarious, if you think about it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZoomZoom For This Post:

Cancel 2016.11 (06-29-2016), Phantasmal (06-29-2016)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,619 Times in 21,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

My major objections to the Orange One are two fold... first and foremost his volatile, and bullying personality. Its harmful to our culture and our reputation abroad. My own children have asked me, "If bullies are bad, why did Trump win the Republican race." My second concern is the Supreme Court. The people Orangie has listed as his potential picks are awful for the concept of freedom and individual liberty. They desire to give power over individuals to the States with no mechanism for the Fed to protect individual liberty.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    My major objections to the Orange one are two fold... first and foremost his volatile, and bullying personality. Its harmful to our culture and our reputation abroad. My own children have asked me, "If bullies are bad, why did Trump win the Republican race." My second concern is the Supreme Court. The people Orangie has listed as his potential picks are awful for the concept of freedom and individual liberty. They desire to give power over individuals to the States with no mechanism for the Fed to protect individual liberty.
    lol..we've had this conversation before, and I do not think there are any remedies left for the courts to use the 14th on.
    This has been a very good court. Upholding separation of powers as well as gay marriage, abortion rights, and diversity in enrollment.
    So I do not know what else is needed. Maybe some limitations on the reach of federal agencies (my want) but that's not going to happen.

I don't know about Clinton's temperament in private ( the new Secret Service book claims she is violent) -
    but I agree she does better at it in public,,but she really doesn't take any stands on anything except social equality .
    If not for Berne she'd still be pushing the TPP, and she still fights universal care.
    Which is about a basic human right as one can get.

Teddy Roosevelt was a "bully". Clinton would be a bull in a china shop when it comes to foreign interventionism.
    Trump is mostly unknown. do you go with the devil you know or the devil you don't?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Jarod (06-29-2016)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The positives for voting FOR HRC are overwhelming. We'll all see in November if not before. Very few ever thought her hubby would be elected POTUS either. He was humorously known as a local yokel from Arkansas!!!!!!!!! Hilarious, if you think about it.
    Overwhelming positives for the Hildebeast lol?

Alrighty then.

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

The contest starts after Labor day. HRC is pissing away money to no effect.
    When Trump brings it she will fold up like a cheap lawn chair
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

lol..we've had this conversation before, and I do not think there are any remedies left for the courts to use the 14th on.
    This has been a very good court. Upholding separation of powers as well as gay marriage, abortion rights, and diversity in enrollment.
    So I do not know what else is needed. Maybe some limitations on the reach of federal agencies (my want) but that's not going to happen.

I don't know about Clinton's temperament in private ( the new Secret Service book claims she is violent) -
    but I agree she does better at it in public,,but she really doesn't take any stands on anything except social equality .
    If not for Berne she'd still be pushing the TPP, and she still fights universal care.

Teddy Roosevelt was a "bully". Clinton would be a bull in a china shop when it comes to foreign interventionism.
    Trump is mostly unknown. do you go with the devil you know or the devil you don't?
    So far my plan is to punt, vote for HRC and hope for a better choice in 4 years. The Republicans really fucked up, this year should have been a very easy year for them to have won.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

anatta (06-29-2016)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

TR was a bully in a very different way, he was not crude or rude toward individuals. He was not an ass. My children see Trump and they identify him as the people the anti-bullying campaign at school is warning about.

LOCK HIM UP!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-29-2016)