Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What if harping on "radical Islam" plays right into the radical Islam agenda?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Default What if harping on "radical Islam" plays right into the radical Islam agenda?

I'm just imaging a Trump Presidency here. He talks about the term so much, and how vital it is that we use it - it makes me think it's his most important priority in fighting groups like ISIS. It's certainly the only coherent "policy" I've heard him express.

But what exactly will that do? It's easy to imagine Trump not just using the term often, but making it the centerpiece of his rhetoric and "strategy."

And what is it that these extremists really want? We know what it is for a lot of them - jihad. Holy war. Given their small #'s, the best they can hope for is that America will take the war to Islam, because that will accomplish more than they're ever capable of. On their own, they're really nothing.

It's very similar to Iraq. 9/11 was everything OBL had - the culmination of years of effort & coordination. It was all he was capable of. His only real hope was that America would respond irrationally, disproportionately, and strike out at the Middle East in a way that would call people to arms & perpetuate bloodshed. And we played right into his hands. We did EXACTLY what he wanted us to do.

And I feel like that's what ISIS wants now. They want what Trump is selling. Why do we keep giving these lunatics exactly what they want?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

Trump is a secret Muslim. He's their Manchurian candidate.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    I'm just imaging a Trump Presidency here. He talks about the term so much, and how vital it is that we use it - it makes me think it's his most important priority in fighting groups like ISIS. It's certainly the only coherent "policy" I've heard him express.

But what exactly will that do? It's easy to imagine Trump not just using the term often, but making it the centerpiece of his rhetoric and "strategy."

And what is it that these extremists really want? We know what it is for a lot of them - jihad. Holy war. Given their small #'s, the best they can hope for is that America will take the war to Islam, because that will accomplish more than they're ever capable of. On their own, they're really nothing.

It's very similar to Iraq. 9/11 was everything OBL had - the culmination of years of effort & coordination. It was all he was capable of. His only real hope was that America would respond irrationally, disproportionately, and strike out at the Middle East in a way that would call people to arms & perpetuate bloodshed. And we played right into his hands. We did EXACTLY what he wanted us to do.

And I feel like that's what ISIS wants now. They want what Trump is selling. Why do we keep giving these lunatics exactly what they want?
    Your logic defies logic....you're brainwashed and in too deep to know it....

Obama talks about 'the terrible deeds in the name of Christ" yet refuses to call a rabid Islamic terrorist "an Islamic terrorist"......

going so far as to insist Orlando was a "lone wolf operation unconnected to religion".....

you probably find logic in that where saner people don't......
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

4. The Following User Groans At NOVA For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (06-15-2016)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NOVA For This Post:

Callinectes (06-16-2016)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,921 Times in 7,750 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 808 Times in 757 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just read about his rally tonight and it's more horrifying than I think most can imagine. He read a poem about snakes and said it was about immigrants, compared immigrants to snakes (this is absolutely Hitleresque, have people ever seen the Hitler propaganda videos with cockroaches portrayed as Jews?). Crowd yelling "Bitch" when he mentions Hillary. Said Orlando shooter shouldn't have been here as a child of immigrants (um, WTF?). When he bragged about taking credentials from the WAPO, people in the crowd shouted "Kill them all". (At this point I wonder if press shouldn't get combat pay for being at these things?).

I mean, I read the whole thing and I don't think a lot of people understand or even know what is going on at these campaign rallies, and they're getting worse. They're getting progressively worse.
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-15-2016)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,921 Times in 7,750 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 808 Times in 757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Really if you're voting for Trump you don't love America. You don't even know what the fuck America is.
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-15-2016)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Troll View Post
    Trump is a secret Muslim. He's their Manchurian candidate.
    Donald Omar Trump

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 65 Posts

But harping on the radical right or religious right is not a problem.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    But harping on the radical right or religious right is not a problem.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk
    Not sure if I understand the comment. Care to flesh it out a bit?

You've gotta be Yurt, btw.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default What if harping on "radical Islam" plays right into the radical Islam agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Really if you're voting for Trump you don't love America. You don't even know what the fuck America is.
    I am not voting for Trump but cry harder

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

as with anything, it has to have perspective. someone calling you names.....yes, ignoring them can eventually make them quit. you get people shooting, bombing, and killing parts of your society?????

it's like the mosquito that wont go away. eventually, you're going to have to swat it or it will bite you.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Really if you're voting for Clinton you don't love America. You don't even know what the fuck America is.
    applies just as well
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

I know you are into navel gazing so let's start with some basic principles shall we?

First things first.

Do you or don't you think that ISIS is a threat that we need to deal with?

If so how?

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

weve been saying for years that they are different. That is the tactic of bush and obama. Terrorism skyrocketed. The carrot was tried first as it should have been. It has failed. time for the stick. Maybe they will turn on them if they see that they are being negatively impacted.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    weve been saying for years that they are different. That is the tactic of bush and obama. Terrorism skyrocketed. The carrot was tried first as it should have been. It has failed. time for the stick. Maybe they will turn on them if they see that they are being negatively impacted.
    What stick? We've killed over 20,000 in ISIS.

What stick are you talking about? Please be specific.