Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For the idiots comparing Christianity with ISIS: ISIS sells girls for 9K

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 65 Posts

Default For the idiots comparing Christianity with ISIS: ISIS sells girls for 9K

The bidding opens at $9,000. For sale? A Yazidi girl.

She is said to be beautiful, hardworking, and a virgin. She's also just 11 years old.

This advertisement -- a screengrab from an online marketplace used by ISIS fighters to barter for sex slaves -- is one of many Abdullah Shrem keeps in his phone.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/02/middle...sis/index.html

I'm sure there will be no outrage over this among liberals, there never seems to be when it comes to Islam, just Christianity.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Seahawk For This Post:

Granule (06-05-2016)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

the barbarity of ISIS knows no bounds..nothing is beyond them

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-02-2016), Granule (06-05-2016)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    the barbarity of ISIS knows no bounds..nothing is beyond them
    But there are a few on this site and elsewhere who say they are the same as Christians, aren't there?

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    But there are a few on this site and elsewhere who say they are the same as Christians, aren't there?
    probably.
    Islam has many many subsects -more then Xtians. Even within each sect.

Sunni Islam is infested with Salafism = ISIS/AQ
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salafi_jihadism

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    The bidding opens at $9,000. For sale? A Yazidi girl.

She is said to be beautiful, hardworking, and a virgin. She's also just 11 years old.

This advertisement -- a screengrab from an online marketplace used by ISIS fighters to barter for sex slaves -- is one of many Abdullah Shrem keeps in his phone.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/02/middle...sis/index.html

I'm sure there will be no outrage over this among liberals, there never seems to be when it comes to Islam, just Christianity.
    Yep, I'm back. Vacation was great, thanks for asking. I see the same nonsense and bullshit is still getting strewn around here. So, now that I'm back, let's knock that crap off - with this...

Geez, and all you have to do to get all the free boys you want in Christianity is to join the Catholic church.

But really, it's barbaric, but to say it's not comparable to Christian extremism is, frankly, a lie.

Ever hear of "The Lord's Resistance Army"? They're a Christian Fundamentalist terror group and they've been around for more than a quarter century (roughly 30 years, in fact). They're kind of really well known for kidnapping children - sending the boys into combat and sending the girls into sex slavery. Boys who wouldn't fight? They sliced them up. Their goal? A strict, biblical nation state that's directed by the Ten Commandments.

What about the "National Liberation Front of Tripura," the stated purpose of which is to "...expand the kingdom of God and Christ in Tripura." Their methods? Intimidation. Intimidation with guns (that they buy from a Baptist church). Intimidation with rape (yes, they rape women who either disagree with them or who have a family member who disagrees with them), and murder (an attack at Bagber committed by 60 members of the NLFT in which they nailed houses with hand grenades and mowing down refugees who were refugee-ing in a school, then they took out 16 villagers; later in the year they attacked Gourangatilla, killing 19 people). They also threaten anyone celebrating Hindu festivals with death.

Antibalaka? They started out as a group that'd defend Christians from Muslims (why does this stuff always happen in Africa?). Now, they're working on the ethnic cleansing of all Muslims in the country. Yep, genocide for God. Go, Christians!

This one is the best, though. Ready?

"America's Promise Ministry." Its current leader, Dave Barley, tells us this:

We are guilty of believing that Jesus Christ chose only those of his own race to be his 12 disciples, and that he did not go out and choose two Chinese, two blacks, two Indians, two Arabs, two women or two homosexuals. Therefore he [Jesus] would be called a supremacist, racist and bigot by today's worldly standards.
    Which has to be both the funniest and saddest thing any stupid goddamned moron has ever said. It makes you want to grab him by the shoulders, shake him until he comes out of the shaken-baby syndrome he's obviously suffering from, and say, "Um, Jesus was middle-eastern, stupid."

It's followers include neo-Nazis and members of multiple white supremacist groups. They've set off pipe bombs at abortion clinics and robbed banks. In order to be inducted into the "ministry" they need to commit some act of violence on behalf of the cause.

So yes, what ISIS does is barbaric.

But what Christians do is barbaric, and we never seem to hear about their holy, righteous and upstanding work they do in the name of the Lord they clearly don't know or understand.

Strange, isn't it?
    Last edited by Stelakh; 06-02-2016 at 05:30 PM.

8. The Following User Groans At Stelakh For This Awful Post:

Granule (06-05-2016)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stelakh For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-02-2016), Leonthecat (06-02-2016), Phantasmal (06-02-2016)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

is that less than Trollop was going to pay for the Arab girl?.....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-02-2016)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stelakh View Post

Ever hear of "The Lord's Resistance Army"? They're a Christian Fundamentalist terror group
    so you don't know much about the LRA, I see......they believe the leader of their group is God.....the fact they have "Lord" in their name does not make them a Christian fundamentalist group.......

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernDoufus View Post
    so you don't know much about the LRA, I see......they believe the leader of their group is God.....the fact they have "Lord" in their name does not make them a Christian fundamentalist group.......
    Aren't you a Christian fundamentalist, Pimp?
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    So you don't know much about the LRA, I see.

The LRA is a Christian cult led by Joseph Kony, who describes himself as a "prophet," not a God. In his own words, he says he is a "spokesperson of God."

And even if you were right, which you're not (again), I could quite easily rattle off another hundred Christian fundamentalist groups which carry out atrocities.

The point here is to simply point out that while there's a swift and immediate charge to repudiate any criticism of Christianity or make any comparison to other religious terrorist groups (you're helping me to make my point - again), they still exist; so saying that Christian extremist groups are any better than ISIS (or that they don't exist) is hypocrisy and bullshit.

The point is not, however, for you to further display your ignorance.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stelakh For This Post:

Leonthecat (06-02-2016)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

I'd love to see a link to someone comparing Christianity to ISIS.

I've seen some compare Christianity to Islam, and some say that Christian extremists aren't really different from Islamic extremists. But I haven't seen anyone say that Christianity is just like ISIS.

What a painfully idiotic thread.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-02-2016)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yep, I'm back. Vacation was great, thanks for asking. I see the same nonsense and bullshit is still getting strewn around here. So, now that I'm back, let's knock that crap off - with this...

Geez, and all you have to do to get all the free boys you want in Christianity is to join the Catholic church.

But really, it's barbaric, but to say it's not comparable to Christian extremism is, frankly, a lie.

Ever hear of "The Lord's Resistance Army"? They're a Christian Fundamentalist terror group and they've been around for more than a quarter century (roughly 30 years, in fact). They're kind of really well known for kidnapping children - sending the boys into combat and sending the girls into sex slavery. Boys who wouldn't fight? They sliced them up. Their goal? A strict, biblical nation state that's directed by the Ten Commandments.

What about the "National Liberation Front of Tripura," the stated purpose of which is to "...expand the kingdom of God and Christ in Tripura." Their methods? Intimidation. Intimidation with guns (that they buy from a Baptist church). Intimidation with rape (yes, they rape women who either disagree with them or who have a family member who disagrees with them), and murder (an attack at Bagber committed by 60 members of the NLFT in which they nailed houses with hand grenades and mowing down refugees who were refugee-ing in a school, then they took out 16 villagers; later in the year they attacked Gourangatilla, killing 19 people). They also threaten anyone celebrating Hindu festivals with death.

Antibalaka? They started out as a group that'd defend Christians from Muslims (why does this stuff always happen in Africa?). Now, they're working on the ethnic cleansing of all Muslims in the country. Yep, genocide for God. Go, Christians!

This one is the best, though. Ready?

"America's Promise Ministry." Its current leader, Dave Barley, tells us this:

Which has to be both the funniest and saddest thing any stupid goddamned moron has ever said. It makes you want to grab him by the shoulders, shake him until he comes out of the shaken-baby syndrome he's obviously suffering from, and say, "Um, Jesus was middle-eastern, stupid."

It's followers include neo-Nazis and members of multiple white supremacist groups. They've set off pipe bombs at abortion clinics and robbed banks. In order to be inducted into the "ministry" they need to commit some act of violence on behalf of the cause.

So yes, what ISIS does is barbaric.

But what Christians do is barbaric, and we never seem to hear about their holy, righteous and upstanding work they do in the name of the Lord they clearly don't know or understand.

Strange, isn't it?
    You cited a cult and a terrorist group. Good one.

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    I'd love to see a link to someone comparing Christianity to ISIS.

I've seen some compare Christianity to Islam, and some say that Christian extremists aren't really different from Islamic extremists. But I haven't seen anyone say that Christianity is just like ISIS.

What a painfully idiotic thread.
    Go the religious forum on this board. There are at least 4 threads.

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

So you don't know much about the LRA, I see.

The LRA is a Christian cult led by Joseph Kony, who describes himself as a "prophet," not a God. In his own words, he says he is a "spokesperson of God."

And even if you were right, which you're not (again), I could quite easily rattle off another hundred Christian fundamentalist groups which carry out atrocities.

The point here is to simply point out that while there's a swift and immediate charge to repudiate any criticism of Christianity or make any comparison to other religious terrorist groups (you're helping me to make my point - again), they still exist; so saying that Christian extremist groups are any better than ISIS (or that they don't exist) is hypocrisy and bullshit.

The point is not, however, for you to further display your ignorance.
    LRA is to Christianity as ISIS is to Islam.
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonthecat View Post
    Aren't you a Christian fundamentalist, Pimp?
    no....I'm mainstream.....

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I could quite easily rattle off another hundred Christian fundamentalist groups which carry out atrocities.
    and you would be wrong another hundred times....