Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinton launching national security case against Trump in California speech

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Default Clinton launching national security case against Trump in California speech

Clinton’s campaign hopes that there are many more national-*security-minded Republicans and independents who would vote for her, even grudgingly, rather than see Trump win the White House. Those voters are an important part of the audience for her case that she is fit to be commander in chief and that Trump is not.

Clinton has begun making that argument more forcefully as her long primary battle grinds to a close. She will deliver what her campaign calls a major foreign policy address in California on Thursday, focused both on her ideas and leadership credentials and on what she will describe as the threat Trump poses to national security.

“Clinton will rebuke the fear, bigotry and misplaced defeatism that Trump has been selling to the American people,” an aide said. “She will make the affirmative case for the exceptional role America has played and must continue to play in order to keep our country safe and our economy growing.”

The speech Thursday in San Diego marks a turning point toward an argument that, by design, has not been as large a part of the primary campaign as Democrats expect it to be in the general election campaign. Although Clinton cast herself as by far the more experienced and qualified person to be commander in chief when campaigning against her rival for the Democratic nomination, Sen. Bernie Sanders, she often tried not to feed liberal suspicions that she is a hawk.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...mepage%2Fstory

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-01-2016)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

You beat me to the same reference.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 14 Posts

Although Clinton cast herself as by far the more experienced and qualified person to be commander in chief when campaigning against her rival for the Democratic nomination, Sen. Bernie Sanders, she often tried not to feed liberal suspicions that she is a hawk.
    But she is a hawk, and her foreign policy decisions have been dreadful.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mircea For This Post:

anatta (06-01-2016), moon (06-02-2016)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Clinton’s campaign hopes that there are many more national-*security-minded Republicans and independents who would vote for her, even grudgingly, rather than see Trump win the White House.
    with her attitude over benghazi, who would trust her with national security?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Pee Wee Herman is more competent than HRC re mat security.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

anatta (06-01-2016)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

what i like about trump is that he presents a clearly different choice in matters of national security trade and other issues. People dont just have a choice between two slightly different candidates pushing the same philosophy but two divergent ones.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

Jarod (06-02-2016)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    what i like about trump is that he presents a clearly different choice in matters of national security trade and other issues. People dont just have a choice between two slightly different candidates pushing the same philosophy but two divergent ones.
    the only policies i've seen trump espouse is building a wall (illegal immigration) and executing americans who dare kill a cop.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    with her attitude over benghazi, who would trust her with national security?
    people who don't know what difference it makes........

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    people who don't know what difference it makes........

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    I don't understand the problem.

For years people have said that they wanted a candidate that wasn't beholden to anyone or to corporations and the minute that one runs, he's vilified.
    I guess liberals meant one who was a liberal and Republicans meant one that was a die hard Republican.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    I don't understand the problem.

For years people have said that they wanted a candidate that wasn't beholden to anyone or to corporations and the minute that one runs, he's vilified.
    I guess liberals meant one who was a liberal and Republicans meant one that was a die hard Republican.
    I'll only speak for myself here but reading what other conservatives have written I don't think I'm alone in this. It's not the matter of wanting a diehard Republican, it's wanting a Republican. Trump is a Clinton supporting New York liberal. He's a Democrat and an opportunist. He has no principle or fundamental believe for which he stands. It's why there have been multiple occasions where he says one thing one day for public consumption and then walks it back the next day more quietly.

To each his own as to who they support but for me I can't support Trump.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'll only speak for myself here but reading what other conservatives have written I don't think I'm alone in this. It's not the matter of wanting a diehard Republican, it's wanting a Republican. Trump is a Clinton supporting New York liberal. He's a Democrat and an opportunist. He has no principle or fundamental believe for which he stands. It's why there have been multiple occasions where he says one thing one day for public consumption and then walks it back the next day more quietly.

there won't be enough 'i told you so's' available if trump is elected and starts acting like a democrat.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

OK, let's say he wins the nomination and the election and during his Presidency, none of your fears come to fruition.
    What will you say then?

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    OK, let's say he wins the nomination and the election and during his Presidency, none of your fears come to fruition.
    What will you say then?
    or lets say he loses the election and everything we fear about Hillary comes to fruition......what will he say then.....