Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Hiroshima an act of terrorism?

1. #706 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Nope. The behind the scenes deal was already nearly finished. Japan was done, as Ike and Leahy said. But what do they know compared to you? We could have leveled those cities like we did the others and not used nukes. We owned the skies. We firebombed many. many cities and in some cities, killed more than the Abomb could have. It was a show of strength and a scientific experiment. They spent over a trillion dollars making those 2 bombs and were not going to skip seeing what they could do.
    I know you want to believe that stuff, but it just isn't true. It is what the victor says when it is over. They write the history. That is why we say we did not torture, but we did. We say we did not gun down unarmed citizens and children, but we did.
    Yes that's adjusted for inflation in 2013, he also says the total cost was around 2 billion on 1945. You were only a thousand times too high, hope you weren't an accountant.
    A

2. #707 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nope. The behind the scenes deal was already nearly finished. Japan was done, as Ike and Leahy said. But what do they know compared to you? We could have leveled those cities like we did the others and not used nukes. We owned the skies. We firebombed many. many cities and in some cities, killed more than the Abomb could have. It was a show of strength and a scientific experiment. They spent over a trillion dollars making those 2 bombs and were not going to skip seeing what they could do.
    I know you want to believe that stuff, but it just isn't true. It is what the victor says when it is over. They write the history. That is why we say we did not torture, but we did. We say we did not gun down unarmed citizens and children, but we did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I don’t think moon is anti-Semetic, I think he is anti Zionist, as am I and pro Palestinian people, as am I. There is a big difference.
    God, you so bloody naive Doris.

3. #708 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    God, you so bloody naive Doris.
    You so bloody sloppy, you prosemitic tosser.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

4. #709 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Another expected but false reply. I'm good with everyone regardless of culture or skin-tone with the exception of murderers. Those who intentionally civilian targets are murderers. If the Palestinians want to war with Israel they should be attacking military targets. This is 2021, not 1945. Not 1948. Not 1968. It's been over 70 years since Israel became a nation and you are still supporting terrorists killing innocent women and children.

ROFLMAO

Nice dance, but you're no Ginger Rogers.
    The Palestinians were INVADED, fool. Izrael has defied international law for seventy years , murdered and displaced hundreds of thousands of indigenous Palestinians- and you're conditioned, probably for self-enrichment- to believe that the victims are ' terrorists '.

Haw, haw.................................haw.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

5. #710 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,632 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    The Palestinians were INVADED, fool. Izrael has defied international law for seventy years , murdered and displaced hundreds of thousands of indigenous Palestinians- and you're conditioned, probably for self-enrichment- to believe that the victims are ' terrorists '.

Haw, haw.................................haw.
    Thanks for your justification of mass murder and terrorism. If confirms everything I've thought about you and, hopefully, others will see the same. No wonder your little country is a hot mess.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. #711 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Anniversaries are current events when they fall due. That's August 6th in the case of Hiroshima.
    lol that opens the door a bit wide.

7. #712 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    You are one of about two dozen people on the entire planet who would have ordered a nuclear first strike on the Russian people in 1945.

Does not strike me as particularly libertarian.
    Really? About two dozen? Who are the other 24ish?

Not "the Russian people". Just the Politburo with Stalin at the podium. A small nuke would be fine.

8. #713 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    lol that opens the door a bit wide.
    You missed the Cinco de Mayo party, but Labor Day is coming up. Hang on tight!

9. #714 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, but then I haven't seen you constantly yammer about "Zionists", support Palestinian terrorists and post anti-American rhetoric.

It helps that you're an American and not a foreigner.

BTW, what happened to the OP author "Cancel"?
    There are no Palestinian terrorists, just the Nazi occupation of Palestine, as you know perfectly well. Your kind hated Jews while your Great Model ruled Germany, and you use zionist racism to pretend you've changed.

10. The Following User Groans At Iolo/Penderyn For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-11-2020)

11. #715 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Another expected but false reply. I'm good with everyone regardless of culture or skin-tone with the exception of murderers. Those who intentionally civilian targets are murderers. If the Palestinians want to war with Israel they should be attacking military targets. This is 2021, not 1945. Not 1948. Not 1968. It's been over 70 years since Israel became a nation and you are still supporting terrorists killing innocent women and children.

ROFLMAO

Nice dance, but you're no Ginger Rogers.
    I'd like to carve out some grey area and remove the subject at hand to discuss it.

Let's assume total asymmetry between warring parties, a completely righteous cause, an oppressor, lack of technological capability to distinguish.
    If you are asserting killing civilians is never justifiable, that's arguable, and to bring it back to the subject at hand, there is at least some of these elements at
    play here.

Israel could obliterate the occupied or disputed territories of Palestine, Palestinian Authority or the agitators/terrorists (trying to pick a word here) don't have
    smart missile tech, there is a righteous claim to self governance and land, they have been attacked on occasion in ways that also lacked strict adherence
    to international law eg operation cast lead.

IOW, if all parties have to adhere to the rules, the little guy never wins. That's quite nearly axiomatic. After all, it is the winners who write the next set of rules.
    So it is always a rigged game.

Not to say I can't argue the other side.

If it is existential and imperative to win, how can you say killing the other sides civilians is never justifiable? Were the American Indians to line up
    in Roman columns against US guns on a battlefield for just war?

12. #716 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    There are no Palestinian terrorists, just the Nazi occupation of Palestine, as you know perfectly well. Your kind hated Jews while your Great Model ruled Germany, and you use zionist racism to pretend you've changed.
    The fact you are compelled to lie says a lot about your character.

13. #717 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    I'd like to carve out some grey area and remove the subject at hand to discuss it.

Let's assume total asymmetry between warring parties, a completely righteous cause, an oppressor, lack of technological capability to distinguish.
    If you are asserting killing civilians is never justifiable, that's arguable, and to bring it back to the subject at hand, there is at least some of these elements at
    play here.

Israel could obliterate the occupied or disputed territories of Palestine, Palestinian Authority or the agitators/terrorists (trying to pick a word here) don't have
    smart missile tech, there is a righteous claim to self governance and land, they have been attacked on occasion in ways that also lacked strict adherence
    to international law eg operation cast lead.

IOW, if all parties have to adhere to the rules, the little guy never wins. That's quite nearly axiomatic. After all, it is the winners who write the next set of rules.
    So it is always a rigged game.

Not to say I can't argue the other side.

If it is existential and imperative to win, how can you say killing the other sides civilians is never justifiable? Were the American Indians to line up
    in Roman columns against US guns on a battlefield for just war?
    I try to avoid text walls so will just touch on the bolded: There's a clear difference between "killing civilians" and targeting civilians. It's clearly wrong, post-WWII, to target civilians. Even during and previous to WWII many thought it wrong, but the situation became either do it or lose the war to the fascists.

Trying to equate past wrongs with present wrongs means we've learned nothing and everything is justified. Bringing up Romans enslaving Germans or the Yankee treatment of Native Americans just muddies the waters when it comes to WWII or present-day Israel.

14. #718 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The fact you are compelled to lie says a lot about your character.
    I'm compelled by nothing but truth and observation, chum, and I speak as one who'd intended to become an Israeli (easy at the time if you weren't Muslim) until I met some Palestinians in a pub. They also explained that the Prophet had been misunderstood about booze, which I was glad to know!

15. #719 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm compelled by nothing but truth and observation, chum, and I speak as one who'd intended to become an Israeli (easy at the time if you weren't Muslim) until I met some Palestinians in a pub. They also explained that the Prophet had been misunderstood about booze, which I was glad to know!
    You are free to lie all you like, but you and I both know this is a lie on your part:
    Your kind hated Jews while your Great Model ruled Germany, and you use zionist racism to pretend you've changed.

16. #720 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are free to lie all you like, but you and I both know this is a lie on your part:
    As you know, everyone who wasn't on Hitler's side back then was denounced and silenced by McCarthy, and no-one has dared speak honestly since.