Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, canceled.2021.1, CFM, tsuke and Lumberjack

Thread: DT has no shame about white nationalist delegate

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Default DT has no shame about white nationalist delegate

Donald Trump's stumbling, tricky effort to claim the Republican Party nomination for the presidency achieved success seven days ago, putting to rest questions about the extent to which the candidate and his team were having trouble doing the basic work of lining up delegates and preparing for a contested convention vote. Or, at least, the questions were put to rest for a few days.

On Tuesday, the liberal magazine Mother Jones reported a development that can only be described as astonishing. William Johnson, a prominent white nationalist who recorded a robocall on behalf of Trump that ran in several states earlier this year, says he received an email from the Trump campaign confirming that he had been chosen to represent Trump for California at the convention in Cleveland.

Mother Jones's Josh Harkinson reports:

In order to be approved he had to sign this pledge sent to him by the campaign: "I, William Johnson, endorse Donald J. Trump for the office of President of the United States. I pledge to cast ALL of my ballots to elect Donald J. Trump on every round of balloting at the 2016 Republican National Convention so that we can MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!" After he signed, the Trump campaign added his name to the list of 169 delegates it forwarded to the secretary of state.

Johnson leads the American Freedom Party, a group that "exists to represent the political interests of white Americans" and aims to preserve "the customs and heritage of the European American people." ... Johnson got the news that he had been selected by Trump in a congratulatory email sent to him by the campaign's California delegate coordinator, Katie Lagomarsino.

There's only one charitable assumption that can be drawn from Johnson's inclusion: Trump's team failed to actually vet the people who put their names forward. And so an unabashed white nationalist gets the nod. He's excited about it, too, telling Harkinson: "I just hope to show how I can be mainstream and have these views. I can be a white nationalist and be a strong supporter of Donald Trump and be a good example to everybody."

NEW: White Nationalist William Johnson remains on Trump's delegate list. Statement from CA Secretary of State Spox:

There's only one charitable assumption that can be drawn from Johnson's inclusion: Trump's team failed to actually vet the people who put their names forward. And so an unabashed white nationalist gets the nod. He's excited about it, too, telling Harkinson: "I just hope to show how I can be mainstream and have these views. I can be a white nationalist and be a strong supporter of Donald Trump and be a good example to everybody."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...e-nationalism/

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

Didn't he bail on his Führer today?

I thought he did, saying his Führer doesn't "need the baggage".

You think Trump will "Vette" him?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Troll View Post
    Didn't he bail on his Führer today?

I thought he did, saying his Führer doesn't "need the baggage".
    I saw three updates to the initial article so wouldn't be surprised if the blowback got to be too much for him.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I saw three updates to the initial article so wouldn't be surprised if the blowback got to be too much for him.
    But will his Führer buy him a "Vette"?

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Troll View Post
    But will his Führer buy him a "Vette"?
    Vettes for everybody!

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans