Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long before Democrats cave...again?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,702 Times in 27,337 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Default How long before Democrats cave...again?

will the cave-in be measured in weeks, days...or nanoseconds?

Reid: No new war funds without timetable

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Tuesday that Democrats won't approve more money for the Iraq war this year unless President Bush agrees to begin bringing troops home.

By the end of the week, the House and Senate planned to vote on a $50 billion measure for operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. The bill would require Bush to initiate troop withdrawals immediately with the goal of ending combat by December 2008.

If Bush vetoes the bill, "then the president won't get his $50 billion," Reid, D-Nev., told reporters at a Capitol Hill news conference.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., made a similar statement last week in a closed-door caucus meeting.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...g_N.htm?csp=34

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

I give the punks 4 business days.
    "Fuck you niggers" July 11, 2009 Tinfoil explaining how conservatives are unfairly labeled as racists.

"You deserve to be beheaded and for your head to placed on a pike, in the middle of the park, where children can see what happens to those that act the way you do." August 5, 2009 USFreedom911's response to a left leaning opinion.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

oh, and see this is what pi$ses me off. If this is such a great idea, why the heck haven't they done it before? What's so different now versus January of this year?
    "Fuck you niggers" July 11, 2009 Tinfoil explaining how conservatives are unfairly labeled as racists.

"You deserve to be beheaded and for your head to placed on a pike, in the middle of the park, where children can see what happens to those that act the way you do." August 5, 2009 USFreedom911's response to a left leaning opinion.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    Wrong. Democrats cave on a daily basis. Everyone knows that.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

oh, and see this is what pi$ses me off. If this is such a great idea, why the heck haven't they done it before? What's so different now versus January of this year?
    Its a bit warmer?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,702 Times in 27,337 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

1) They're weak.

2) I think they assumed they could end this war in a bipartisan way, with republicans coming accross the aisle to join them. It didn't happen. Republicans don't want to end the war.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    1) They're weak.

2) I think they assumed they could end this war in a bipartisan way, with republicans coming accross the aisle to join them. It didn't happen. Republicans don't want to end the war.
    I don't know which one is worse. Point 1 or the underlined part. I think we all knew it wasn't going to be ended with a bipartisan effort. So why even try. After 7 years of dealing with that POS on the hill, they should have went in with guns a blazing and cut off the check book from the start. They had the people behind and it woudl have been the right and moral thing to do. But noooooooooo......they wait until November.

I've become completely disheartened by this entire ordeal. I don't know who I'm voting for next election.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Personally I think its all talk by dems. They don’t want to end the war either.
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chapdog View Post
    Personally I think its all talk by dems. They don’t want to end the war either.
    This is the case. They're all puppets on the strings of the military/ industrial / financial puppetmasters.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    will the cave-in be measured in weeks, days...or nanoseconds?
    Why not get a jump on things and cave on any debate after your first post?
    "Don't ever think you know what's right for the other person. He might start thinking he knows what's right for you." – Paul Williams, "Das Energi"

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

The more salient point is .. hoiw long will those who vote for democrats cave again.

They whine and moan about the cowardice of the Democratic Party .. then they do nothing but make excuses for them.

The democrats in Congress have no pressure on them from those who continue to support the two-party trap.

The responsibility for America and its future does not rest with politicians, it rest in the laps of the American people .. who are themselves too cowardly to do anything about the "fuck you" they get from politicians.

The Declaration of Independence should be required reading for anyone who votes.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

I'm still thinking about the "me too" part of Obama's speech this past week.

This could be an historic moment for Democrats, but I don't have my hopes up too high on that one...

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Would that be four congressional business days? If so then you're being lenient 'cause that's about ten normal business days.
    "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."
    -- V

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OrnotBitwise View Post
    Would that be four congressional business days? If so then you're being lenient 'cause that's about ten normal business days.
    LOL.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not long. It angers me that they are playing with soldiers' lives and well-being simply to wave around their political dick, which they won't end up using in the end.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.”