Thread: Racism

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,667 Times in 7,364 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Default Racism

Interracial couple evicted from Miss. RV park: ‘You didn’t tell me you was married to no black man’

The landlord at a Mississippi RV park admitted over the weekend that he evicted a couple because they were interracial.

Gene Baker told The Clarion-Ledger that he asked Erica Flores Dunahoo and her African-American husband, Stanley Hoskins, to leave his RV park in Tupelo because “the neighbors were giving me such a problem.”

Dunahoo, who is Native American and Hispanic, explained to the paper that she and her husband moved into the RV Park in February to save money and get their life “back on track.”

“He was real nice,” she said of Baker. “He invited me to church and gave me a hug. I bragged on him to my family.”

Dunahoo said that she paid $275 in rent on Feb. 28, but Baker called the next day with bad news.

“Hey, you didn’t tell me you was married to no black man,” Dunahoo recalled Baker saying. “Oh, it’s a big problem with the members of my church, my community and my mother-in-law… They don’t allow that black and white shacking.”

Although Dunahoo pointed out that she was not “shacking” with her husband because they are married, Baker reportedly insisted that it is “the same thing.”

“You don’t talk like you wouldn’t be with no black man,” Baker allegedly said. “If you would had come across like you were with a black man, we wouldn’t have this problem right now.”

“My husband ain’t no thug,” Dunahoo argued. “He’s a good man. My husband has served his country for 13 years. He’s a sergeant in the National Guard.”

Dunahoo said that Baker returned the couple’s rent money, and that they were in the process of relocating to a more expensive RV Park.

Officials with the Mississippi NAACP began investigating after being contacted by Dunahoo.

“Racial discrimination should be a thing of the past in Mississippi, considering our long history,” Mississippi NAACP President Derrick Johnson pointed out.

Baker later said that he had no problem with interracial couples, and that his church allowed mixed couples to attend. Dunahoo noted, however, that he told her that she and her husband could attend the church, but they would not be allowed to become members.

When asked if he would be willing to let another interracial couple stay in his RV park, Baker replied: “I’m closing it down, and that solves the problem.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/inte...-no-black-man/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

Righties will either ignore this or pretend that either the "property rights" or the "Christian beliefs" of the RV park owner allow racist discrimination, won't they?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    When asked if he would be willing to let another interracial couple stay in his RV park, Baker replied: “I’m closing it down, and that solves the problem.”
    there it is, folks. Free market capitalism in action.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanFew View Post
    She must be a kneeling, statist badge-blower, since she didn't defy the law and kill all they sent, huh?

Stay on topic, or this thread will be moved to the war zone, where you will find all threads that devolve to back and forth insults.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Troll View Post
    She must be a kneeling, statist badge-blower, since she didn't defy the law and kill all they sent, huh?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    Willing to shut down a revenue stream and shoot himself in the foot financially rather than let a black man stay in his trailer park.

That's some mighty powerful racism on display in Mississippi.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Willing to shut down a revenue stream and shoot himself in the foot financially rather than let a black man stay in his trailer park.
    it's that or go bankrupt because nobody with any decency wants to spend money in his racist campground. I think it's an awesome example of free market capitalism by keeping his broke ass broke.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanFew View Post
    it's that or go bankrupt because nobody with any decency wants to spend money in his racist campground. I think it's an awesome example of free market capitalism by keeping his broke ass broke.
    Wow, I misinterpreted SmarterthanFews' initial reply. I initially thought he approved of the racist RV park owners' actions. That's two apologies I owe him in one day.

I apologize, STF.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 76 Times in 75 Posts

Stay on topic, or this thread will be moved to the war zone, where you will find all threads that devolve to back and forth insults.
    Are you staying on topic without devolving into insults?

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wow, I misinterpreted SmarterthanFews' initial reply. I initially thought he approved of the racist RV park owners' actions. That's two apologies I owe him in one day.

I apologize, STF.
    Where in his answer did he indicate he didn't approve of the trailer park owner's actions?

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Where in his answer did he indicate he didn't approve of the trailer park owner's actions?
    It doesn't. I misinterpreted his meaning, and I apologized to him.

Are you sore because I called Desh a racist?

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    Nobody knows less about here than you
    Well maybe deshtard

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It doesn't. I misinterpreted his meaning, and I apologized to him.

Are you sore because I called Desh a racist?
    Not at all.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not at all.
    Alrighty, then.