Thread: Obama crushes Hillary

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Default Obama crushes Hillary

On the stump.

Hardball did a montage of excerpts from speeches both of them gave recently during the campaign, and I'm absolutely amazed that it's not Obama with the 20 point lead.

I know they're just speeches, and there is more to a candidate than that, but for now, that's one of the main tools primary voters have to go on.

It was like comparing Bobby Kennedy to a Hal from "2001: a Space Oddysey." There just is no comparison. As I was watching, I honestly felt like there was still some independent spirit - a true believer - left in Obama, though I realize Washington will suck the rest of that out of him in due time.

With Hillary, I could almost see the strings attached to her limbs & jaw, each one held by a different PAC or other interest group. There is nothing inspirational about her at all.

I don't get it.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,632 Times in 27,295 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

That was the best god damn political speech I've seen in a long time. And I'm an Edwards supporter. I lean towards Him, Kucinich, and Dodd, but that speech blew everyone out of the water. The guy is an amazing orator, even if he sucks at 30 second sound bites, and debate nonsense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tydfs...at-jeffer.html

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

That speech probably solidified his position on the ticket in the VP spot .. which would make the ticket unbeatable.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    That speech probably solidified his position on the ticket in the VP spot .. which would make the ticket unbeatable.
    I can't see Hillary, John McCain, Fred Thompson, or John Edwards giving a speech like that. I never saw Bill Clinton or Ronald Reagan give a speech like that, even though they received accolades for being great orators.

That speech was amazing. Why isn't he getting out and doing that all the time?

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"That speech was amazing. Why isn't he getting out and doing that all the time?"

I kind of feel like he's turning a corner, and has really found his voice in this campaign. That speech did blow me away...we'll see over the next month or so.

I loved how he took the fight to Hillary without naming her - the "me too politics" stuff. Really needed to be said...

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hillary is actually closer to my positions then Obama... However factor in the Hillary bullshit say what you want to hear take 2 positions and Obamas perceived honesty and Obama comes out on top.

If Obama runs under Hillary it will ruin his career. hes better off waiting
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

Obama prob has a slight lead for the VP spot over Richardson,
    it's already over
    Prevent defense time

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've gone back & forth in thinking it's over.

I think Hillary was hurt this week, and she has certainly lost almost all of the momentum at this point. It's a critical time for her.

There was one national poll yesterday that showed Obama cutting her lead in half over the past week, and I'd be surprised if new primary polls in Iowa & NH didn't show them neck & neck.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    I've gone back & forth in thinking it's over.

I think Hillary was hurt this week, and she has certainly lost almost all of the momentum at this point. It's a critical time for her.

There was one national poll yesterday that showed Obama cutting her lead in half over the past week, and I'd be surprised if new primary polls in Iowa & NH didn't show them neck & neck.

A poll out last week showed Hillary/Edwards/Obama in a statistical dead heat in Iowa. And while Hillary still leads in New Hampshire, she's bleeding support and Obama is picking up support.

I can only pray that Hillary has a crash and burn like Howard Dead did.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    Obama prob has a slight lead for the VP spot over Richardson,
    it's already over
    Prevent defense time
    Maybe we should just cancel the elections...why bother? We should annoint her.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Maybe we should just cancel the elections...why bother? We should annoint her.
    Sure. That's a great idea... May as well, and then we'll just go by the regular pattern. I am sure we can find a Bush or a Clinton to take the next spot for time immemorial. No reason to look beyond those two families.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle