Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Court rejects 'Roe v. Wade for Men'

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    STRAWMAN ALERT

My sisters ex is over $30k behind in child support, so I know quite well that there are men out there that try to shirk their responsibilities.

But for you to say something as blatantly stupid as...."Men don’t want to take care of the kids they already have, to claim they are, generally, clamoring for more, is stupid, false, and flies in the face of all known facts."

No one said men were "clamoring" for more kids. But there are millions of men who do take very good care of thier kids. To act as though men don't do so is blatantly sexist of you and quite ignorant.

Speaking of reality, how about you join it?

In fact that is what Dano is arguing…that “conservative men want kids”. Try and keep up ok SF?
    If you believe that many abortions take place because the woman wants it but the man doesn’t, and that the majority don’t’ take place because the woman doesn’t want the abortion, but the man is pushing for it, then you are the one living in a dreamworld. Relying on the sexist, and conservative, vision of the “cold female” who is “murdering her child”, against the wishes of the father.

Do you know a lot of young, single, guys who got a girl pregnant and said to you while you were sitting around drinking beers in a bar “gosh I hope she keeps it”?

Do you really SF?

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    In fact that is what Dano is arguing…that “conservative men want kids”. Try and keep up ok SF?
    If you believe that many abortions take place because the woman wants it but the man doesn’t, and that the majority don’t’ take place because the woman doesn’t want the abortion, but the man is pushing for it, then you are the one living in a dreamworld. Relying on the sexist, and conservative, vision of the “cold female” who is “murdering her child”, against the wishes of the father.

Do you know a lot of young, single, guys who got a girl pregnant and said to you while you were sitting around drinking beers in a bar “gosh I hope she keeps it”?

Do you really SF?
    Yes, conservative men want kids and many are against abortion. That is true. But that doesn't mean they are going hysterical and clamoring for more kids as your strawman suggested they did.

So you are saying that most abortions are driven by the decisions of men? That is the dumbest thing you could have said.

You really are sexist....and on this issue quite pathetic.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

I love nothing more than when a bunch of men get themselves all hopped on righteousness and start yammering.

When it comes to this subject matter, there is no such thing as a conservative man or a liberal man; there are just men.

If a married man ends up with a pregnant girlfriend (and if you think conservative men who are married don’t f around you haven’t been reading the papers), and he perceives that he has a lot to lose; his children, his home, his very financial security, he will move to protect these things. The best way to do so is an abortion and he will pressure his girlfriend to have one, often by promising to leave his wife when the time is right, and then they can have babies together. If the girlfriend refuses to have the abortion she becomes what we call an inconvenient woman. Inconvenient women sometimes end up dead. The number one cause of death among pregnant women is murder.

Of course there is the anomalous man who wants to have the baby but the woman refuses, he is statistically insignificant and I always find it amusing how conservative men pretend that the far more common woman who wants her baby but is pressured into an abortion does not exist, as he writes reams about the poor man who is hanging onto his girlfriend’s leg, pleading with her to please not abort it, he’ll take care of it, please! It is uncommonly amusing.

And almost as amusing is the liberal man who pretends that liberal guys are interested in the woman’s right to choose when he knocks up an inconvenient woman, when in truth he is also often most interested in solving his problem, and it just so happens that in his case pushing for the abortion does not have the added annoyance of hypocrisy; he has not been preaching that abortion is murder.

Stop guys, I’m at work and you’re killing me. And I thought 30 Rock was funny.
    Let me abbreviate that.

"MEN NEVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT OMGZ FUCKING SHIT FUCK I HATE MEN"

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Take a look at what this country is spending trying to collect child support payments. Men don’t want to take care of the kids they already have, to claim they are, generally, clamoring for more, is stupid, false, and flies in the face of all known facts.
    It is not sexist to point that out. Try and start dealing with reality and stop throwing around political buzzwords SF.
    I don't know?

Why are you trying to equate "other men" to "Watermark"?
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Yes, conservative men want kids and many are against abortion. That is true. But that doesn't mean they are going hysterical and clamoring for more kids as your strawman suggested they did.

So you are saying that most abortions are driven by the decisions of men? That is the dumbest thing you could have said.

You really are sexist....and on this issue quite pathetic.
    What I said is not that most abortions are driven by men, but that far more abortions take place because the man is pushing for the abortion, than take place over the objections of the man. Can you please learn to read so that I don’t have to type everything three times?

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What I said is not that most abortions are driven by men, but that far more abortions take place because the man is pushing for the abortion, than take place over the objections of the man. Can you please learn to read so that I don’t have to type everything three times?
    "KILL IT!"
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    I think the basis of said argument is going to always be flawed. You're trying to apply equality of rights to pregnancy when pregnancy in itself isn't equal by any means. If both parties had the ability to carry the child to term or both had the ability to gestate, then yes, if the woman's choice always trumped the mans then As$munch would have a point. But pregancy isn't equal and it will always be the woman's job to do more than the lionshare of the work. There shouldn't be equal choices because there aren't equal partners in carrying the fetus.

Parenting however is another story.
    And this Lady T is the BEST arguement for why after conception ability to decide falls directly to the woman. The moment she becomes pregnant it is no longer an equal world. So when a man engages in activities that could make a woman pregnant he should know that the rules change and he no longer has equal footing. Very well said.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    I think the basis of said argument is going to always be flawed. You're trying to apply equality of rights to pregnancy when pregnancy in itself isn't equal by any means. If both parties had the ability to carry the child to term or both had the ability to gestate, then yes, if the woman's choice always trumped the mans then As$munch would have a point. But pregancy isn't equal and it will always be the woman's job to do more than the lionshare of the work. There shouldn't be equal choices because there aren't equal partners in carrying the fetus.

Parenting however is another story.
    More than the lionshare? So nine (9) months of carrying a child is more work than eighteen (18) years of financially supporting it? I must disagree here. To clarify, I do not believe abortion should be illegal, but I do believe the father should have a choice. He shouldn't be able to force a woman to have an abortion, but, at the same time, the mother, who played an equal part in conceiving the child, should not have the option to abort if the father says, "no, I'll raise him/her."

And Darla, for you to say that no man would argue that, I call you a liar. I have argued just that, and I am still upset that I lost a child. (Yes, protection was used, but accidents happen). I feel guilty and ashamed that she did that, even though I didn't approve. So don't tell me that all men want to shirk their responsibility and would argue for an abortion, regardless.

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    More than the lionshare? So nine (9) months of carrying a child is more work than eighteen (18) years of financially supporting it? I must disagree here. To clarify, I do not believe abortion should be illegal, but I do believe the father should have a choice. He shouldn't be able to force a woman to have an abortion, but, at the same time, the mother, who played an equal part in conceiving the child, should not have the option to abort if the father says, "no, I'll raise him/her."

And Darla, for you to say that no man would argue that, I call you a liar. I have argued just that, and I am still upset that I lost a child. (Yes, protection was used, but accidents happen). I feel guilty and ashamed that she did that, even though I didn't approve. So don't tell me that all men want to shirk their responsibility and would argue for an abortion, regardless.

Oh for god sakes, another one.

I never said “no man”.

Once again, and for the last time retards, here is my claim:

What I said is not that most abortions are driven by men, but that far more abortions take place because the man is pushing for the abortion, than take place over the objections of the man.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheDanold View Post
    I did say virtually unheard of, as I recall you lived in a less Conservative area in the southern part of Mississippi anyway.

Here are the stats, as chart 5 clearly shows, the amount of single mothers in cities is easily the highest and in the Liberal northeast, higher still yet again then any other area in America:

"For five cities—Baltimore,
    Cleveland, Newark, Rochester, and Detroit—the portion
    of families made up of single mothers was 30
    percent or above in 2000, with Detroit having the
    highest rate (35%)."
    http://www.fraud-insurance.net/Comp/...lfReformUs.pdf

Oh gee what a surprise, the most Liberal voting city in America - Detroit, has the highest single mother rate.
    What number of those single mothers are single because of divorce and what percentage by fathers just not taking responsibility? Everything negative in the world is because of liberals huh Dano.

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What I said is not that most abortions are driven by men, but that far more abortions take place because the man is pushing for the abortion, than take place over the objections of the man.
    So it is ok for the majority to have complete control, while the minority have no say whatsoever?

What does this remind me of...

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

Every part of your argument was just stupid. #1) We're talking about pregnancy not parenting. The 18 years that follow pregnancy should be a cooperative effort where both parties put in 50%. You sound like you think the mother puts no work in once the kid's born. #2) If the father can find a way to carry the child to term then by all means he should have a say in the gestation of the fetus. Otherwise he nor the state should have dominion over another individuals body.
    "Fuck you niggers" July 11, 2009 Tinfoil explaining how conservatives are unfairly labeled as racists.

"You deserve to be beheaded and for your head to placed on a pike, in the middle of the park, where children can see what happens to those that act the way you do." August 5, 2009 USFreedom911's response to a left leaning opinion.

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lets equate... one is clear and concise... the other is a jumbled mess....

"If you believe that many abortions take place because the woman wants it but the man doesn’t, and that the majority don’t’ take place because the woman doesn’t want the abortion, but the man is pushing for it, then you are the one living in a dreamworld. Relying on the sexist, and conservative, vision of the “cold female” who is “murdering her child”, against the wishes of the father."

"What I said is not that most abortions are driven by men, but that far more abortions take place because the man is pushing for the abortion, than take place over the objections of the man. Can you please learn to read so that I don’t have to type everything three times?"

Perhaps if you had pulled your head out of your ass when you typed it the first time it would not have been so incoherent.

14. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So it is ok for the majority to have complete control, while the minority have no say whatsoever?

Because as things stand, a woman must be the one to carry the fetus to term, and give birth to it, then yes.

When the day comes that fetus can be implanted into a man, then that will change.

15. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

democracy? the bush administration?
    "Fuck you niggers" July 11, 2009 Tinfoil explaining how conservatives are unfairly labeled as racists.

"You deserve to be beheaded and for your head to placed on a pike, in the middle of the park, where children can see what happens to those that act the way you do." August 5, 2009 USFreedom911's response to a left leaning opinion.