Thread: Funny?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default Funny?

Yes. I think that were this not so stupid, disgusting and utterly imbecilic (Trump that is) it would be funny.

https://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-...plan-gibberish
    Last edited by stoned; 02-28-2016 at 05:42 PM. Reason: typo
    There are none so blind as those who will not see

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

Trump doesn’t have a health care plan.

Go to the issues section of his campaign. Really, go there, you won’t believe what you see.

A typical campaign website has position papers. Trump has none.

The link to “Issues” takes you to a pretty frightening page of short embedded videos of Trump himself summarizing his positions at a level of detail that you should find insulting.

But he doesn’t even have one of those on health care.

In addition to “Issues,” the site’s homepage has a pulldown menu called “Positions.”

I don’t get the difference, but who cares? “Positions” are actual written-out position statements, not videos, but only on five issues, none of which are remotely related to health care (nor many other major issues).

So for Trump’s health-care thinking, we have to rely on what he says in debates and speeches and, I suppose, tweets, some of which have been controversial.

When asked Thursday night under Rubio’s prodding to describe his plan for health care, he said, as he always does, that he wants to repeal the Affordable Care Act and replace it with something “much better.”

Then he says (and this is a direct quote from the debate transcript): “I want to keep pre-existing conditions. I think we need it. I think it’s a modern age. And I think we have to have it.”

This is gibberish, especially the explanation that “I think it’s a modern age,” which may have some meaning, but I can’t imagine what.

But, in full context, it’s at least clear that the much better plan that he would propose to replace Obamacare would include the Obamacare feature that requires an insurer to cover any pre-existing conditions that the insured might have, and can’t charge them extra for it.

But when it’s time to describe other elements of the “much better” plan with which Trump would replace Obamacare, he generally mentions only one thing, which he describes, as he did Thursday night, as “getting rid of the lines around each state.”

That weird and confusing phrasing — about “getting rid of the lines around the states,” which Rubio mocked — as best as anyone can tell means that Trump wants national health insurers to be able to offer standardized plans all over the country, instead of having to meet the particular standards and requirements imposed by individual states.

Different states require different things of health insurers, which prevents national firms from offering plans in all states.

Trump believes, and he’s not the only one, that “getting rid of the lines around the states” would enable more insurers to offer insurance in more states, which would lead to more competition, driving prices down, and more choices for customers.

Trump has been saying this for many weeks. The idea has been around for years.

Views differ on whether it would do more good or harm. But it’s really the only thing Trump mentions when he is pushed to describe his plan to replace Obamacare with something much better.

https://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-ink/2016/02/disgraceful-gop-debate-exposes-trump-s-health-care-plan-gibberish