1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump: 'Nobody reads the bible more than me'

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    You're painting to broadly there. Most of the U.S. doesn't like that either. The South on the other hand is a tad different. They prefer their musicians, preachers and politicians to be a little bit crazy.
    Jeremy Corbyn is an atheist, do you think the leader of any mainstream US political party could be elected if they declared the same?

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

No. Not now. Give us a few years though.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

This quote should alarm everyone.

And it's part of a very consistent pattern. It's how he talks. All politicians lie & bend the truth - but Trump is truly pathological. I never read his book, but it's my understanding that he talks about how effective hyperbole can be.

He's really sort of crazy if you look at how he talks. Delusional - not honest w/ himself or the people he is speaking to.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    This quote should alarm everyone.

And it's part of a very consistent pattern. It's how he talks. All politicians lie & bend the truth - but Trump is truly pathological. I never read his book, but it's my understanding that he talks about how effective hyperbole can be.

He's really sort of crazy if you look at how he talks. Delusional - not honest w/ himself or the people he is speaking to.
    And you think Trump is alone in this regard lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hussein Omar View Post
    And you think Trump is alone in this regard lol?
    I conceded that all politicians lie & bend the truth. Like everything else, though, Trump is on another level. He's a pretty weird, delusional guy.

His appeal continues to elude me. I definitely see it as a "dumbed-down masses" thing, and I hate sounding elitist about that. But it is what it is.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear leaningright:

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    No. Not now. Give us a few years though.
    Have you considered the possibility that we've already elected atheistic politicians who lack the honest to admit it?

IMT

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I conceded that all politicians lie & bend the truth. Like everything else, though, Trump is on another level. He's a pretty weird, delusional guy.

His appeal continues to elude me. I definitely see it as a "dumbed-down masses" thing, and I hate sounding elitist about that. But it is what it is.
    I totally get the appeal but I have my reservations about him. The dumbed down bit is a false narrative. Most of these people have given up on the Republican establishment [and even the Tea Party in some cases] to affect any changes. My state is a perfect example: WV has literally bled good paying jobs over the last decade and it's adversely affected the whole states economy.

Nobody in DC cares but Trump at least pretends to.

If you think it's stupidity, or racism or nativism, you don't get it. The same sort of thing is going on in many other parts of the country where jobs are scarce because of trade policy, immigration policy or environmental policy.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Trump said in his post debate interview he's being audited because he's a strong Christian. So awesome.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Cancel 2020.1 (02-25-2016), Minister of Truth (02-25-2016)

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I totally get the appeal but I have my reservations about him. The dumbed down bit is a false narrative. Most of these people have given up on the Republican establishment [and even the Tea Party in some cases] to affect any changes. My state is a perfect example: WV has literally bled good paying jobs over the last decade and it's adversely affected the whole states economy.

Nobody in DC cares but Trump at least pretends to.

If you think it's stupidity, or racism or nativism, you don't get it. The same sort of thing is going on in many other parts of the country where jobs are scarce because of trade policy, immigration policy or environmental policy.
    I get that people are desperate, and agree it's wrong to just classify them all as stupid. I have some friends who support Trump, and they're normally pretty smart.

But these people are getting conned, in a huge way. This guy is such a fraud. He hasn't offered up one specific policy, even though he's pressed to over & over again. His best answers are that it's better to keep those things secret, or "believe me."

Just a total fraud.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I get that people are desperate, and agree it's wrong to just classify them all as stupid. I have some friends who support Trump, and they're normally pretty smart.

But these people are getting conned, in a huge way. This guy is such a fraud. He hasn't offered up one specific policy, even though he's pressed to over & over again. His best answers are that it's better to keep those things secret, or "believe me."

Just a total fraud.
    Well, do you believe half the crap Obama says? Do you believe anything Hillary says lol? Weren't a majority of voters conned not just once, but twice by Obama and his Hope and Change schtick?

I don't see where Trump supporters are more stupider than anyone else. Arguably more cynical, but that's a different thing.

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,628 Times in 5,136 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trumps claims remind me of North Korea's claims about Kim Ill Jun, like that he does not go to the bathroom.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, do you believe half the crap Obama says? Do you believe anything Hillary says lol? Weren't a majority of voters conned not just once, but twice by Obama and his Hope and Change schtick?

I don't see where Trump supporters are more stupider than anyone else. Arguably more cynical, but that's a different thing.
    Totally different. Obama talked about his universal healthcare plan in the campaign, and got it passed. He talked about the stimulus, and got it passed. He has specific policy proposals - whether people agreed w/ them or not, they had a general idea of what he was going to do.

Not the case w/ Trump. It's just "believe me." Oh - and he's a bigot & misogynist, as well.

So, I disagree- you have to leave your mind at the door to truly support Trump.

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,628 Times in 5,136 Posts
    Blog Entries

Believe me, its going to be terrific.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!