Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,891 Times in 21,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,682 Times in 5,186 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default 2016 poll?

So, if it turns out to be HRC v. Trump who will you vote for?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

Duh

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    So, if it turns out to be HRC v. Trump who will you vote for?
    why are you asking this? we all know that you'll be voting HRC anyway.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    why are you asking this? we all know that you'll be voting HRC anyway.
    I'm interested in everyone other than me... Trump v HRC is a clear choice for me, I'd vote for Clinton.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm interested in everyone other than me... Trump v HRC is a clear choice for me, I'd vote for Clinton.
    it shouldn't be difficult to figure out for most people on here who they would vote for, given those two choices. A more interesting question would be if not voting for either of those two, which 3rd party would you vote for?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,184 Times in 25,719 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

it shouldn't be difficult to figure out for most people on here who they would vote for, given those two choices. A more interesting question would be if not voting for either of those two, which 3rd party would you vote for?
    Green Party.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Green Party.
    Tree huggers that buy into the climate change, global warming, or whatever the hell the name of the day is?

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have two conservative family members who say they will stay home if there is not a third choice. I wonder if there is a significant group of Cons who feel this way.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have two conservative family members who say they will stay home if there is not a third choice. I wonder if there is a significant group of Cons who feel this way.
    staying home/not voting is perhaps the stupidest thing anybody could do in a voting situation.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

staying home/not voting is perhaps the stupidest thing anybody could do in a voting situation.
    Some threaten to stay home or go 3rd party. Might have stay homes on the left but it's because HRC is so disliked.
    There are always a very few 3rd party. Doesn't appear to be any this go round.
    I doubt the right will stay home given how despised HRC is.
    I think the most significant question is how big a chunk of the mushy middle goes Trump. Been very heavy turnout on the right to date. I'm thinking that has more to do with mushies.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Darth Omar (02-24-2016)

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Some threaten to stay home or go 3rd party. Might have stay homes on the left but it's because HRC is so disliked.
    I think the most significant question is how big a chunk of the mushy middle goes Trump. Been very heavy turnout on the right to date. I'm thinking that has more to do with mushies.
    I have voted Libertarian/write in since GWs first term. I refuse to vote for anyone from a major party

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have voted Libertarian/write in since GWs first term. I refuse to vote for anyone from a major party
    As I said there are a few who share your view. But as you did not vote D or R it doesn't change the calculus. Really only matters if you were to drop out now. I believe the flood of mushy middles far outpaces any dropouts.
    Favorable matter and HRCs are terrible.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    I agree with this and it could wreck havoc with the received wisdom that Trump would need heavy inroads with blacks and Hispanics to win the general. Especially, if there are a significant number of Dems who won't turn out for Hillary.

I get the sense this election isnt going to be subject to the usual rules---it hasn't so far.. There's a lot of unrest in both sides of the electorate and if people who don't typically vote start showing up at the polls it's probably going to go Trump's way.

Whether that's a good thing or bad thing only time will tell. All I know for sure it's been fascinating so far.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hussein Omar View Post
    I agree with this and it could wreck havoc with the received wisdom that Trump would need heavy inroads with blacks and Hispanics to win the general. Especially, if there are a significant number of Dems who won't turn out for Hillary.

I get the sense this election isnt going to be subject to the usual rules---it hasn't so far.. There's a lot of unrest in both sides of the electorate and if people who don't typically vote start showing up at the polls it's probably going to go Trump's way.

Whether that's a good thing or bad thing only time will tell. All I know for sure it's been fascinating so far.
    This is one theory that might hold water. The other is that Trump's popularity is limited to 30 -40% of the Republican Party and in a general would be even lower.

LOCK HIM UP!

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hussein Omar View Post

I think you would be surprized at how little a shift in black voting would be needed. They did some analysis last go and said a percentage point or two moves mountains.
    But its the mushy middle shift thats the game changer here. DC has poisoned the well and status quo is gone.