Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Truth Detector and canceled.2021.1

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Scalia was an intellectual phony: Can we please stop calling him a brilliant jurist?

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Now back to the thread topic... Christie bases her claims that Scalia wasn't brilliant off of some hack professor at CU. Yet those that actually served on the court with Scalia state otherwise. Even his most frequent of opponents.
    at his funeral

if there were anyone to come to yours they will lie too

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Why are you changing the topic HackMaster? She is correct about corps.
    not one single time did I ever tell her she was wrong about corps. I simply called her out on her craptastic partisan bullshit about her pick and choose support for constitutionalism.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    not one single time did I ever tell her she was wrong about corps. I simply called her out on her craptastic partisan bullshit about her pick and choose support for constitutionalism.
    One wouldn't have known.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One wouldn't have known.
    one WOULD know if they paid a decent amount of attention to what others post.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Climate change" is a label rightists created to make the reality of global warming sound less threatening. And they accuse us of having created it. Rightists have no shame.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

Phantasmal (02-23-2016)

7. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    one WOULD know if they paid a decent amount of attention to what others post.
    No one wouldn't, since you countered her point.
    Not the activity of one in agreement.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

8. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I'm not surprised you'd criticize a teacher, as if teaching isn't an honorable career.

You guys seem pretty threatened by the fact that everybody didn't worship Scalia like you did.
    I am not criticizing him for being a teacher. I am saying he is a hack at CU. It was a partial slam at CU itself and its general mindset. That said, he is a hack. The fact that you would hold his opinion above that of a RBG is ridiculous.

Like him or his decisions or not... he was known to be brilliant. Bill Clinton is brilliant, that doesn't mean I like him or everything he did.

Your nonsense about worshiping Scalia is pathetic. It is just yet another way you try to spin away from your own ignorance.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

9. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Simplefreak gets his knuckles wrapped.TFF
    lol.....gangsta-wrap.....its the new saran.....

10. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear Christiefan915:

Can we please stop calling Scalia an intellectual phony? He was a crooked, corrupt judge.

'Scalia’s practice of slipping away from Washington, unannounced, all expenses paid, to socialize for days in private, intimate settings with selected people who have business either before or affected by the Supreme Court epitomizes how justice in the United States is dispensed. It highlights the role of a social layer that is profoundly hostile to democratic principles and feels itself in no way bound by traditional political methods or legal prescriptions.'

Antonin Scalia’s Death During Secret Junket Points to New Ethical Violations

IMT

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IMT For This Post:

Rune (02-23-2016)

12. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No one wouldn't, since you countered her point.
    Not the activity of one in agreement.
    today must be one of your daft days, since you seem to be utterly stupid

13. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

But when even his greatest of opponents on the court say he was brilliant... you side with a nut like Campos over them? Is it because Campos tells you what you want to hear?
    I've been criticizing Scalia forever, on this forum and IRL. He was my least-favorite justice. Campos didn't "tell me what I want to hear", he just affirmed what I've always thought of Scalia. And it's good to know there are others out there who don't think he walked on water.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

14. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Rune (02-23-2016)

15. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear christiefan915:

I've been criticizing Scalia forever, on this forum ...
    Perhaps, but have you cited him for corruption and ethics violations?

IMT

16. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am not criticizing him for being a teacher. I am saying he is a hack at CU. It was a partial slam at CU itself and its general mindset. That said, he is a hack. The fact that you would hold his opinion above that of a RBG is ridiculous.

Like him or his decisions or not... he was known to be brilliant. Bill Clinton is brilliant, that doesn't mean I like him or everything he did.

Your nonsense about worshiping Scalia is pathetic. It is just yet another way you try to spin away from your own ignorance.
    These are YOUR words: "... bases her claims that Scalia wasn't brilliant off of some hack professor at CU." What makes him a "hack professor", SF... that he doesn't think Scalia was brilliant? Or are you just a liar?

RBG loved him as a person, she didn't necessarily love his opinions and the way he stated them. By some accounts she tried to get him to moderate them: "...she urged her friend to tone down his dissenting opinions "because he'll be more effective if he is not so polemical. I'm not always successful."

You're just another in a long line of right-wing hacks who can't stand to see your idol disrespected.

― Charles Dickens

17. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Rune (02-23-2016)

18. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by IMT View Post
    Dear christiefan915:

Perhaps, but have you cited him for corruption and ethics violations?

IMT
    I didn't know about this but am certainly going to research it further.

― Charles Dickens

19. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

These are YOUR words: "... bases her claims that Scalia wasn't brilliant off of some hack professor at CU." What makes him a "hack professor", SF... that he doesn't think Scalia was brilliant? Or are you just a liar?

Again you brain dead moron... I was mocking CU and its general dipshit mindset that is common among professors there. You see, I live in Colorado and am pretty familiar with CU.

RBG loved him as a person, she didn't necessarily love his opinions and the way he stated them. By some accounts she tried to get him to moderate them: "...she urged her friend to tone down his dissenting opinions "because he'll be more effective if he is not so polemical. I'm not always successful."

Shockingly, Christie has been able to figure out that RBG and Scalia didn't 'necessarily love each others opinions'. I mean, in the world of 'NO SHIT' moments... this has to be the best. Captain obvious is jealous of Christie.
    You're just another in a long line of right-wing hacks who can't stand to see your idol disrespected.
    What makes Scalia my 'idol'??? The fact that I mocked your ignorance and that of a hack from CU?
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "