Thread: Show Me The Money - DNC drops ban on lobbyist, PAC money

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Default Show Me The Money - DNC drops ban on lobbyist, PAC money

The Democratic National Committee has resumed accepting money from federal lobbyists and political action committees, largely dismantling restrictions imposed by President Barack Obama.

The move could help boost the coffers of Democrat Hillary Clinton, who has teamed with the DNC to raise money aggressively. Her campaign accepts contributions and fundraising help from lobbyists.

Campaign-finance watchdogs Friday denounced the DNC change, which was first reported by The Washington Post.

"This move by the DNC is a major step in the wrong direction and is in direct conflict with the American people’s deep concerns about the role of influence money in Washington," said Fred Wertheimer, president of Democracy 21. "The DNC is acting as if the party is blind to the anger and frustration with Washington that is being expressed by voters in both parties as the presidential nominating process unfolds."

Republican front-runner Donald Trump routinely touts his ability to fund his own campaign as proof he won't be beholden to lobbyists. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is challenging Clinton for the Democratic nomination, also denounces the current campaign-finance system as he raises money from legions of small donors.

Obama imposed the DNC fundraising restrictions after he secured his party's nomination in 2008. The ban was part of his well-publicized push to reduce the role special interests play in Washington. But the DNC has been retreating from those prohibitions. Last year, the party lifted the ban on lobbyists' contributions to the national convention after Congress eliminated public funding for the party gatherings.

A few restrictions remain in place, however: No lobbyists or PAC representatives can attend DNC events that feature Obama, Vice President Biden or their wives.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ney/80291908/#

Hillary will be bought and paid for.......

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

She was bought and paid for decades ago.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    She was bought and paid for decades ago.
    Very true, but democrats think she does no wrong....